The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Who will meet or exceed their player number in point totals?

Ossi Vaananen

?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is just meant to be a fun poll. Much of the Canucks success next season will depend upon secondary scoring. My question is a simple one, who will meet or exceed their player number in point totals?

I've chosen to target our younger forwards- with the exception of Granlund, as I feel his #60 is unattainable. I should hope that Sutter's 21 is beatable, and Hansen's 36 should be within his range. The rest largely constitute our depth scoring.

We have:

Bo Horvat #53 - He put up 40 points last season, can he make another jump to 53? 

Sven Baertschi #47 - He put up a career high 28 points last season, can he be expected to put up 47 in a top 6 role?

Emerson Etem - #26 - optimistic for Etem in a bottom 6 winger role. 

Jake Virtanen #18 - 18 is a reasonable target, though he's eligible for Utica next season and might be up and down. 

Anton Rodin #18 - He wore 18 in Sweden, though I understand the number is occupied, let's just use it as a base point. Will he make the roster on a full time basis?

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We have:

Bo Horvat #53 - He put up 40 points last season, can he make another jump to 53? 

Sven Baertschi #47 - He put up a career high 28 points last season, can he be expected to put up 47 in a top 6 role?

Jake Virtanen #18 - 18 is a reasonable target, though he's eligible for Utica next season and might be up and down. 

Anton Rodin #18 - He wore 18 in Sweden, though I understand the number is occupied, let's just use it as a base point. Will he make the roster on a full time basis?

Bo - voted yes, but not so sure, just being optimistic.

Baert - possible, if he has a 'break-out' season.

Etem - don't think so, but not out of the question.

Virt - hopefully, or there will be outrage around here.

Rodin - wildcard imo.  What type of ice-time will he get and with whom? 

At first I thought you were going to poll all the players so my only thought was "Dear God, I hope Sbisa gets more than 5 points".

Horvat - no, but I think he'll get to around the 50 point mark

Baertschi - no, but should be good for around 35 to 40

Etem - yes

Virtanen - for his sake, yes

Rodin - 18 is pretty low, so even if he has a rough season, he should probably get there

I think Horvat can and will break 53 points. The guy has progressed remarkably well and I have nothing but confidence that he'll continue to develop his offensive game.

I have Baer penciled in for 40-45 points and around 20 goals. I don't really think he'll hit 47, but it is possible if he has a great year and averages more ice-time than last year.

I think Etem can and will break 26. The guy is underrated on our team so far and really stepped up as he became comfortable with our system. I think he'll hit around 30 points if given consistent 3rd line minutes.

Virtanen will most definintely hit 18 points so long as he is given a regular NHL role and doesn't spend a lot of time in the AHL.

Rodin is a question mark for me, but 18 points should be doable for someone that is being heralded for his offensive flare. 

Horvat and Baert won't score that much.....I think Horvat especially will play third line and work more on his defence.

Etem...probably not.  Mostly 4th line minutes.

Virtanen.....if he plays in the NHL sure.

Rodin.....don't think he gets enough ice time for 18.....unless he somehow take a top 4 spot from someone.

40 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

This is just meant to be a fun poll. Much of the Canucks success next season will depend upon secondary scoring. My question is a simple one, who will meet or exceed their player number in point totals?

I've chosen to target our younger forwards- with the exception of Granlund, as I feel his #60 is unattainable. I should hope that Sutter's 21 is beatable, and Hansen's 36 should be within his range. The rest largely constitute our depth scoring.

We have:

Horvat: I believe there's a good chance he can, so he gets a yes vote.

Baer: I believe he can have a break out year and if Willie gives him more ice time on the power play.

Etem: is it possible? If he's on the 4th line alot I doubt it but you never know. 

Virtanen: hopefully  he can hit 18 as long as he's not in and out of the line up.

Rodin:  as for numbers it depends on who his linemates are and how much ice time he gets. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ah, it didn't even occur to me. I was thinking forwards. He'd be a better option than Virt. Limit is 5 polls though, so I can't add one. 

Anyone think he gets more than 27 points?

Ahh, I forgot 5 is the maximum. I apologize :)

As for Hutton's point totals, if does indeed end up playing with Gudbranson, I'm thinking that he'll finish with about 35-40 points.

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ah, it didn't even occur to me. I was thinking forwards. He'd be a better option than Virt. Limit is 5 polls though, so I can't add one. 

I think he can manage to squeeze out at least another 2 points from the point total he had last season. My guess is somewhere in the 30 range.

Damn it Ossi !  I'm a huge fan of Tryamkin :)   ... But how about 88 hits thrown by the New Year ;) ?

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Hutton will play on his toes next year,. 25-30 pts :) 

8 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

barring injury 27 is probable.  

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Bo - voted yes, but not so sure, just being optimistic.

Baert - possible, if he has a 'break-out' season.

Etem - don't think so, but not out of the question.

Virt - hopefully, or there will be outrage around here.

Rodin - wildcard imo.  What type of ice-time will he get and with whom? 

Bo may get close, but I don't think he gets it b/c Sutter pushes him down in the line-up.

Baert getting his depends entirely on his linemates.

Etem isn't getting points on the 3rd line unfortunately imo.

Virt should surpass his number hopefully.

Rodin....who knows?  He's a complete unknown at the NHL level.  Over a ppg in the Swedish league is nothing to scoff at, but who will he play with and will he get 'prime' minutes? 

36 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Yo! He got, what 25 in his first season? I don't think getting an extra 2 will be out of the question.

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

We have:

I would feel more comfortable voting yes if we did this for the D's (although Tryamkin might have a hard time getting to 88 if he keeps that number and not sure about Biega at 55 either).

Fun post OP! 

- I think Horvat is going to have an awesome year. He'll produce right from the start this year - has 57 points end of year. 

- Baertschi will have a good year, but he'll stumble on the finish line. Gets 44 points. Which would still be a great improvement. 

- Etem - Nope, he'll find himself on the fourth line for most part of the season, gets 16 points. 

- If Virtanen makes the team and doesn't jump up and down between Utica and Vancouver he'll crush his number! 28 points. 

- I think Rodin will be a big surprise this year. Think he'll get 35 points, playing on the thrid line for the majority of the year. 20 of those points will be goals. 

9 hours ago, PlanB said:

Rodin....who knows?  He's a complete unknown at the NHL level.  Over a ppg in the Swedish league is nothing to scoff at, but who will he play with and will he get 'prime' minutes? 

Does anyone know what Brendan Morrison's ppg was in Sweden during the lockout ? I don't remember it being as high as 1 ppg.

Archived