The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

I can field that one....as the player movement guy on the exec, I would like to gauge our collective feelings on next offseason introducing retro IR to one of the monetary levels of team medical. The highest pay, currently 18million, would in theory be the level where you could backdate the LTIR to the day the NHL recognized a player to have been put on LTIR.  This is not current, just a 'feeling it out' proposal for early next offseason. If no one likes it, or states that they like the idea, i will abondon it..if a majority like the idea, I will put it to the Commish to consider.  that is what I posted about retro ltir. 

EDIT: currently the benefit to putting a player on LTIR is as Squeak said, the days they are on LTIR are subtracted from their cap hit for the season: 1/180th per day. a player hurt real bad could save you loads of capspace which in theory could be used at the deadline to bring in some heavy costing players.  Also the major benefit and most important is to open a roster spot to call up a young gun to fill in and actually earn you points while your player is on LTIR. We have no regular IR...just LTIR and active roster. 

I like the retro active LTIR idea myself. 

So does a player need to be on IRL LTIR to be put on GML LTIR? Or can a guy on IRL IR be placed on GML LTIR? 

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

I like the retro active LTIR idea myself. 

So does a player need to be on IRL LTIR to be put on GML LTIR? Or can a guy on IRL IR be placed on GML LTIR? 

Big question.

check out the LTIR section on the first page of the thread, the player movement section, and check out 'medical' under 'front office budgets'. Your teams medical budget is available at the bottom of your teams spreadsheet.

Pm me (or Primal who runs it) if you have any questions

1 hour ago, greensman said:

Big question.

check out the LTIR section on the first page of the thread, the player movement section, and check out 'medical' under 'front office budgets'. Your teams medical budget is available at the bottom of your teams spreadsheet.

Pm me (or Primal who runs it) if you have any questions

I think I've got it now... :blush:

I didn't know we basically don't have the equivalent of 'plain' IR.

Likely could have had Hammond and McNabb on our 'LTIR' and realizing cap savings if I'd understood better. *sigh* Oh well, live and learn.

2 hours ago, theminister said:

To small.pngMontreal: Clayton Stoner

To small.pngBoston: MTL 3rd Round Pick 2017

Hard for a GREENsman to let a good Stoner go. Clayton has anchored our 3rd line for three years now.

He was an inexpensive move, and he's more than paid it off through the years, with PIM's, points and playoff minutes. He was our grit when we had none, and took a beating for it. 

No Stoner will ever not be welcome in Boston. 

1 hour ago, greensman said:

Hard for a GREENsman to let a good Stoner go. Clayton has anchored our 3rd line for three years now.

He was an inexpensive move, and he's more than paid it off through the years, with PIM's, points and playoff minutes. He was our grit when we had none, and took a beating for it. 

No Stoner will ever not be welcome in Boston. 

Landscaping references everywhere. 

small.png  1208  small.png  1201  small.png  1138   small.png  1122   small.png  1111   small.png  1077

small.png  1061  small.png  1060  small.png  1041   small.png  1024  small.png  1005   small.png  999

small.png  993   small.png  993   small.png  969   small.png  952   small.png  935   small.png  933

small.png  917   small.png  905   small.png  898   small.png  885   small.png  876   small.png  866

small.png  842   small.png  818   small.png  800   small.png  762   small.png  712   small.png  691

15 hours ago, theminister said:

TRADE: There has been a trade between the Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.

To small.pngMontreal: Clayton Stoner

To small.pngBoston: MTL 3rd Round Pick 2017

Montreal is very pleased to bring Clayton as we strive for the top spot in the CDCGML.

We needed to bring a player in that can play everyday, as a stubborn injury to Zach Redmond and the demotions of Shea Theodore and Steve Santini left us a d-man short, and feel that Stoner can compliment our team nicely with his veteran leadership and tenacious d-zone play. 

Archived