The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

17 hours ago, Squeak said:

Still kicking myself over that one - he just needed to fall three more spots!

Pretty satisfied with the guys I managed to get. Tkachuk, Sorokin, Garland, Hill, Mete, Kolesar, and Lebanc. Still lots of work to do. LOTS. But I'd give my first draft a solid "B+".

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

I don't doubt that at all - you simply weren't left a great deal to work with and I highly doubt anyone would look unfavorably on you as a GM if you chose to crack some eggs and trade any or everyone on your roster. 

Your prerogative of course - just my opinion on the need of GMs to be 'loyal' to their fantasy assets or ensure 'stability' or 'security' where that could get in the way of rebuilding a franchise.  Most of those assets were not acquisitions of yours - I don't think anyone could reasonably expect you not to trade anyone under the circumstances.

Oh absolutely. Most of the offers I got were for one B prospect, or a combination of C prospects. At that point, I couldn't in good conscience dress even more non-roster players than I already have:

Pavelec

Ramo

MacArthur

Lander

Nelson

Vey

Fayne

Honka

That is beyond ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Pretty satisfied with the guys I managed to get. Tkachuk, Sorokin, Garland, Hill, Mete, Kolesar, and Lebanc. Still lots of work to do. LOTS. But I'd give my first draft a solid "B+".

Oh absolutely. Most of the offers I got were for one B prospect, or a combination of C prospects. At that point, I couldn't in good conscience dress even more non-roster players players than I already have:

Pavelec

Ramo

MacArthur

Lander

Nelson

Vey

Fayne

Honka

That is beyond ridiculous.

That's tough to work with for sure.  You'd probably have to deal your best assets to get multiples to fill holes and that may not interest you.

If you turned around and did what some GMs do - ie something right against the grain of your word (of your internal deadline) - and dumped that MarshRat when he's least expecting it (after the reassurances of your deadline) - I doubt anyone here would be too concerned about holding you to your word lol.  Might get a few high fives.

Just now, oldnews said:

That's tough to work with for sure.  You'd probably have to deal your best assets to get multiples to fill holes and that may not interest you.

If you turned around and did what some GMs do - ie something right against the grain of your word (of your internal deadline) - and dumped that MarshRat when he's least expecting it (after the reassurances of your deadline) - I doubt anyone here would be too concerned about holding you to your word lol.  Might get a few high fives.

I like Brad Marchand :( 

22 hours ago, Ty Webb said:

Good to see a GM that thinks of his players, that matters. That is a GM that free agents should want to play for.

Monty will have approximately 17 million to work with in the offseason and a massive amount invested in players relations. Good luck trying to outbid him.

stick to your guns, Monty

Well, that's a bit confusing?!

Care to share how many trades you made in your 1st six months bud? I believe it was somewhere over 40 (no, no exxagerating)? Lol.

All my years here, I'll tell you some collective wisdom tid bits about free agency:

- after the UFA's and trades are done, LOTS of teams will have tens of millions to spend

- no matter how much you spend, you have to have the best spot/fit for the player

- I've never seen a team 'clean up' in the free agent season. It just doesn't happen. High PR MIGHT get you a leg up on one or two deals... 

- the players have to be available... I once signed 'top talent' because I was rebuilding a messed depleted roster... Wojtek Wolski, Drew Stafford and one less interesting that summer... All were 'best available', all over-priced and all required clauses due to bidding. Those signings crippled my team for years, but I left myself no choice.

Basically, good luck buildin a team with over priced spare parts. That was my basic premise.

On 12/17/2016 at 10:46 AM, Nail said:

Waivers:

The Tampa Bay Lightning place Tom Sestito on waivers with intentions to send him down to our AHL affiliate.

On 12/17/2016 at 10:46 AM, Nail said:

The Tampa Bay Lightning call up Cory Conacher.

On 12/15/2016 at 10:55 AM, Nail said:

Tampa Bay sends down Freddie Hamilton.

Tampa Bay calls up Timo Meier.

Thanks!

Believe these transactions still need to be inputted into Pickup, no rush at all just trying to remind myself what my roster looks like.

Still looking at moving Ryan Strome and Calvin De Haan for playoff players, let me know if interested!

Ugh. More injured bodies. 7 at the moment. :o

The slide continues in Montreal, and it's getting tough to sit here and watch it happen. Still, the toes we dipped into the trade market had us finding nothing other than expensive band-aids. Some health is majorly required for the Habs, but we're not going to overpay just to find some temporary relief from this injury bug.

9 hours ago, greensman said:

Well, that's a bit confusing?!

Care to share how many trades you made in your 1st six months bud? I believe it was somewhere over 40 (no, no exxagerating)? Lol.

All my years here, I'll tell you some collective wisdom tid bits about free agency:

- after the UFA's and trades are done, LOTS of teams will have tens of millions to spend

- no matter how much you spend, you have to have the best spot/fit for the player

- I've never seen a team 'clean up' in the free agent season. It just doesn't happen. High PR MIGHT get you a leg up on one or two deals... 

- the players have to be available... I once signed 'top talent' because I was rebuilding a messed depleted roster... Wojtek Wolski, Drew Stafford and one less interesting that summer... All were 'best available', all over-priced and all required clauses due to bidding. Those signings crippled my team for years, but I left myself no choice.

Basically, good luck buildin a team with over priced spare parts. That was my basic premise.

It's not confusing.

I simply admired Monty's willingness to stick to his guns. It seems Monty put lines in the water for the 9-10 good assets he has and found the potential return not to his liking.

Perhaps you thought my admiration was an endorsement of his strategy, it is not. I just appreciated he set a strategy and stuck to it instead of randomly making trades and hoping for the best.

Both Monty and I inherited similar circumstances and each of us had some variables to deal with, like having bad goaltending. However based on my conversations with Monty, I am sure he will be damgerous competitive team in a couple seasons.

1 hour ago, Ty Webb said:

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to call up Josh Leivo.

Ty Webb 

General Manager

Columbus Blue Jackets 

That's a tad ambiguous. Are you calling him up or not? Don't leave the kid hanging like that!

20 hours ago, _arby_18 said:

Ugh. More injured bodies. 7 at the moment. :o

The slide continues in Montreal, and it's getting tough to sit here and watch it happen. Still, the toes we dipped into the trade market had us finding nothing other than expensive band-aids. Some health is majorly required for the Habs, but we're not going to overpay just to find some temporary relief from this injury bug.

Exactly the same in Bean Town. :sick:

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

We are just at a part of the season, where a lot of teams are in the mix.

Someone like myself is in a playoff spot - and could go either way. That affects my decisions going forward.

One of the many ways our little league mirrors the actual NHL ::D

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

Not sure if this has been asked before but are the transactions accurately backdated on pickup? I activated Beaulieu a while ago and haven't seen him on my list

Supposed to be :)

I believe the executive is working on it.

Archived