The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

4 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

he is not really better , but if mason continues this BS ....he will lose his starting job or he finds himself back on the waivers like halak and the flyers will go with neuvirth and stolarz or something ...lol

mason seemed to go the right dircetion from november till mid december ....but now  ..there cant be enough facepalms ...lol :picard::ph34r:<_<

however ...i m not fine with this situation 

Neuvirth, in the stretch at the end of last year. And certainly at the beginning of this year seemed to have won the job.  Then got injured.  They both, however, have been given chances to grab and lock down the job as their own. Both are good goalies. Neither at the top end of the scale where they can on their own carry a team.

But Philly has always had an odd defence for a guy to tend behind. Even now as they are incorporating some exciting talent on the back end. Always have had it up front. They are still loose. Hakstol has not accomplished either a rigid  or physically imposing system to punish opposing forwards.  Nor a ton of pressure fuelling turnovers and odd man rushes heading the other way up ice.  They need better defensive support from their forwards. Ghost and MDZ create chances but also give up too many. Often the goalie does have to "save the day." Handle ongoing high quality chances against. Even our real life Canucks lit them up.

There is a reason @Monty , Stolarz or another hot shot rookie has not just been thrown to the Wolves.

Call Up: The Rangers recall Joonas Korpisalo from the minors and he will slot into our backup netminder position.

That position has been freed up with a trade that will be announced shortly and backdated to the weekend, allowing Joonas to play in Tuesday Nights Game for the Rangers.  THank you. 

On 12/01/2017 at 9:59 AM, winterhawks said:

[Waivers] The Ottawa Senators would like to place Teddy Purcell on waivers, if he clears he will be assigned to the minors.

Player Movement:

Coyotes place Ryan Callahan on LTIR effective morning of January 16th

The Sens player, Teddy Purcell, has cleared waivers and was assigned to the minors effective 10am Jan 13th.

Sorry I had meant to post that and slipped up. Thanks for mentioning it!

Nice to see Cody McLeod get traded to Nashville IRL. Hopefully he can step up his game and get me a few spots up from the basement. Sucks down here.

Pavelec also gets a call up. Jeez, Christmas coming late for the Flyers. Could I get my first goalie win tomorrow?

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Nice to see Cody McLeod get traded to Nashville IRL. Hopefully he can step up his game and get me a few spots up from the basement. Sucks down here.

Pavelec recalled IRL .  may he will grab you some goalie points ;) 

The Blues currently have 3 Injured or ill Defenders .  Chiarot was placed on IR IRL but could return at the Weekend, so we wait and see before we move him to the LITR.

Gorges has a hip injury but is still listed day to day. nutivaraa seems also injured ..hopefully nothing serious because markus was one of our better defenders in the past 30 days. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Is it even worse....?:shock:

Aside for an absolute disdain for one of the sites I write for.

They are extreme pro-Benning.

Trust me, I can understand people being positive Benning and liking the things he has done. I don't always agree, but I can see WHY people would be positive.

But there, if you say anything negative. i.e. They should've traded Hamhuis at the deadline (not even mentioning how it went down, just simply 'they should've') - the masses go crazy.

Just now, Squeak said:

Trust me, I can understand people being positive Benning and liking the things he has done. I don't always agree, but I can see WHY people would be positive.

But there, if you say anything negative. i.e. They should've traded Hamhuis at the deadline (not even mentioning how it went down, just simply 'they should've') - the masses go crazy.

So just as nutbar, just in the opposite direction of CDC/CT :lol:

1 minute ago, Squeak said:

They should have...:P

1 hour ago, Squeak said:

I'm always surprised by how partisan Canucks Talk is. Benning has made some good moves, but also some poor ones, and you would think people would be able to discuss those rationally. Whether it be not trading Hamhuis or Vrbata, to the Linden Vey experiment, the Tryamkin contract fiasco, drafting Virtanen over A.N.Other, contracts given to Sutter, Sbisa, Dorsett and Miller, or trading Forsling - you mention any one of those, or a combination of the above, and it's like a red rag to a bull. It's why I stopped even looking in there before Christmas...it's simply bad for your health.

Do we need to post day-of to reactivate a player from IR? Or can I request Helm be activated for this Friday? In case it's possible:

Activation - COL would like to activate Darren Helm off of IR for January 20th.

If it's not cool, I'll edit it out ;)

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

they shoulda not brought back Rodin so fast...

PLAYER MOVEMENT:

The Yotes place Anton Rodin on LTIR effective morning of Jan 17th. 

I think the complaints department is pretty busy... you might be on hold for a while... 

ps.. hold music is Sutter`s goal song ;) enjoy

Archived