The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

I will post the two player movement bits outstanding tomorrow as stated but I have to turn my time and attention to other matters and will have to officially resign my executive position, as small as it was, effective after those last two posts tomorrow regarding waiver players. Please don't send me any league stuff, if you do by accident I will add tM to the convo and leave it. Nothing is terrible, but life is going in other directions now. I still relish and enjoy running the Rangers and hope to continue to do so. 

Cheers all. 

Ian, aka Primal Optimist. turns out the glass is half empty after all. 

Time for me to chime in here.

I know there is some concern about the updates going on in the backend. There is reason to be concerned or wanting more timely updates, we all do.

All I can say is, that this league has been an escape for me for years, it's not something that will die on my watch.

Arguably, we have the best group of GM's we've ever had, and we want to make sure there isn't lost interest.

I ask that everyone has some patience - we are working on it, we are talking about it, we are trying to find a good middle ground.

As I alluded above, this league is very important to me, and I hope that you can all just trust ME that it's not going to fade away if I can prevent it.

19 minutes ago, Squeak said:

I know there is some concern about the updates going on in the backend. There is reason to be concerned or wanting more timely updates, we all do.

All I can say is, that this league has been an escape for me for years, it's not something that will die on my watch.

Arguably, we have the best group of GM's we've ever had, and we want to make sure there isn't lost interest.

I ask that everyone has some patience - we are working on it, we are talking about it, we are trying to find a good middle ground.

As I alluded above, this league is very important to me, and I hope that you can all just trust ME that it's not going to fade away if I can prevent it.

You guys need any help let me know

8 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I will post the two player movement bits outstanding tomorrow as stated but I have to turn my time and attention to other matters and will have to officially resign my executive position, as small as it was, effective after those last two posts tomorrow regarding waiver players. Please don't send me any league stuff, if you do by accident I will add tM to the convo and leave it. Nothing is terrible, but life is going in other directions now. I still relish and enjoy running the Rangers and hope to continue to do so. 

Cheers all. 

Thanks for your service PO!

Thanks to everybody for their service!

13 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Cheers all. 

Thank you for your hours and hours of work in here on the thread and behind the scenes, your time has been greatly appreciated and your willingness to take on issues and problem solve issues straight up will be missed.

That being said as things stand I ask GMs to submit any LTIR requests or Waivers claims to Mike Vanderhoek for processing until further notice. Feel free to message any questions etc you may have as well.

Thank you.

thanks for you efforts @Primal Optimist and i hope you are well 

its a bit scary how the executive/agent group including commish has dropped in the past 2 seasons

well real life allways rules  ... i hope the guys who are left will turn things into the right direction in this league  

it would be sad if the league closes the door  because of lack of guys who runs the executive section and the league as well

i offered help several times for the waivers or injury section but every time other guys got the opportunity 

now i ´m also full with work and i ll not ask again for a job in this league 

regards bomba 

13 hours ago, Squeak said:

22 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thank you for your hours and hours of work in here on the thread and behind the scenes, your time has been greatly appreciated and your willingness to take on issues and problem solve issues straight up will be missed.

That being said as things stand I ask GMs to submit any LTIR requests or Waivers claims to Mike Vanderhoek for processing until further notice. Feel free to message any questions etc you may have as well.

Thank you.

I'm sure our trusty, hardworking executive will iron out the wrinkles ;)

Depending on time frames though, you guys may want to consider a slight extension to the upcoming TDL to avoid any issues. Just a suggestion :) 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I'm sure our trusty, hardworking executive will iron out the wrinkles ;)

Depending on time frames though, you guys may want to consider a slight extension to the upcoming TDL to avoid any issues. Just a suggestion :) 

It's definitely something that we can address once we solve the other issues - if it makes sense, we may push it back. But at this time, it will remain where it is, as it's four weeks away.

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The New York Rangers have re-signed defenseman Mark Borowiecki to a three year extension.

small.png  Mark Borowiecki: 3 years, $ 3.75 million dollar contract ( $ 1,250,000.00 per season ).

aaaannnnnnnnnd everyone else re-signs for dollars somewhere in between these two ends of the spectrum. There....done......

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Anaheim Ducks have re-signed defenseman Drew Doughty to a six year extension.

small.png  Drew Doughty: 6 years, $ 63.0 million dollar contract ( $ 10,500,000.00 per season ).

Archived