The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Carolina - Vancouver

The Canucks really need an elite defensive prospect more than an elite offensive prospect.  With the 5th overall pick in this draft, there isn't a great fit for that pick.

With that said, I think we should ask Carolina if they're interested in a deal of last year's #5 overall pick Noah Hanifin for this years #5 overall pick.  We get a an elite defenseman, and they might have their eye on Dubois or Tkachuk.

We could also look at somehow expanding the deal to include Jeff Skinner.  He has long been rumoured to be traded.  He's only 24, and is a natural goal scorer.  In the right situation, he could be the perfect second line left winger for us.  Maybe for Sbisa and Hansen?  Or possible Edler if he would waive to go there.

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, underrated said:

The Canucks really need an elite defensive prospect more than an elite offensive prospect.  With the 5th overall pick in this draft, there isn't a great fit for that pick.

With that said, I think we should ask Carolina if they're interested in a deal of last year's #5 overall pick Noah Hanifin for this years #5 overall pick.  We get a an elite defenseman, and they might have their eye on Dubois or Tkachuk.

We could also look at somehow expanding the deal to include Jeff Skinner.  He has long been rumoured to be traded.  He's only 24, and is a natural goal scorer.  In the right situation, he could be the perfect second line left winger for us.  Maybe for Sbisa and Hansen?  Or possible Edler if he would waive to go there.

Thoughts?

Your username is a direct contradiction to everything in this post. 

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

think we have a great D as is i do not know why people think our D is not good??Hutton Trymakin Grudbrason Tanev edler and \sbisa plus Larsen  wow this d is better then the past ten years or more!!!

Hmm, "better then the past ten years or more" is very debatable:

• in 2009-2010, we had: Edler, Salo, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Mitchell, Rome, Alberts, O'Brien.
  • in 2010-2011, we had: Edler, Salo, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev, Ballard, Alberts.

29 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

think we have a great D as is i do not know why people think our D is not good??Hutton Trymakin Grudbrason Tanev edler and \sbisa plus Larsen  wow this d is better then the past ten years or more!!!

No....no it is not.

well look at the great D we have had in the past and i think our d if healthy will be good.Trymakin,Hutton will be a year older and both look like they should be a top pairing in the future,plus grudbarson and tanev two awesome defensive D men when we usually only had one of those in the past.Edler if stays healthy will be the Edler we all love which leaves sbisa and larsen and sbisa has stepped up playing like the contract we gave him,so he should be a better more steady d man this year.larsen has some goal scoring skills and should get us goals and make plays.To me we havn't had a D like this in a very long time.So No i slept at home and did you wake up on the shore of a lake or something???

18 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

well look at the great D we have had in the past and i think our d if healthy will be good.Trymakin,Hutton will be a year older and both look like they should be a top pairing in the future,plus grudbarson and tanev two awesome defensive D men when we usually only had one of those in the past.Edler if stays healthy will be the Edler we all love which leaves sbisa and larsen and sbisa has stepped up playing like the contract we gave him,so he should be a better more steady d man this year.larsen has some goal scoring skills and should get us goals and make plays.To me we havn't had a D like this in a very long time.So No i slept at home and did you wake up on the shore of a lake or something???

I think you should start a poll as to how long it would take the team to solidify the team's D corps to get to the levels of the D corps from 2009 to 2011, and I'd be interested to see how many think it will be "half a year".

Only problem I see is that we might trade Sbisa, Edler or even Tanev to try and get another pick,so that means they way things are our D will not stay the same.I like our D right now as is

Edler Grudgrason

Trymakin  Tanev

Sbisa Larsen

Pedan

16 hours ago, cripplereh said:

No it's not, 2011 defense was better and could outscore this one x3.

I'm with you OP that I think trading the pick for a potential #1D that can QB the power play with our future core. We will need this type of player eventually, some don't think so, but you don't win a cup without this player and how else are we going to get him?

The problem is Hanifin has proven to be a good NHL'er in his draft +1 as a 19 year old, so his value has gone up from his draft position, considerably.

Just like if Provorov was available, becuase he is a year further along, had a great season and was awarded CHL dman of the year, it would cost much more that the #7 that he was drafted at.

I really like your idea, just undervaluing what it would cost to get Hanifin, and Skinner too (I wouldn't pay much more for Skinner than you mentioned though, don't even want him actually)

We WILL need that dman though.

Archived