The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres 8th for LHD.

2 hours ago, mmead said:

Even if you stretch the word young to the furthest reaches Edler doesn't fit into that category. 

Would you flip Hutton if it meant the eighth overall?  I wouldnt just curious your opinion. 

I think thats interesting, it's tough to tell Hutton's potential. Especially compared to Chychrun and Sergachev. Of those 3 who do you think will turn out best? Im not so sure Hutton will ever be a true top pair guy where as I think the other two will. But that smile though, would be a tough move to make.

I

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It would have to be Hutton plus some pieces.

Wouldn't make sense for us.

I would want to keep a young top flight left handed defenseman then trade for a pick and draft a young top flight left handed defenseman

This deal won't be made with the Canucks. Not for Hutton and nor for Edler. Canucks wouldn't make that trade, JB is trying to make the playoffs. Even if he wasn't it doesn't make sense to trade Hutton for that pick. He's a very good young Dman and you don't trade him for a 8th. Maybe for the 3rd overall but not the 8th. 

Edler

Hansen

Grenier rights

8th OA

3rd

I would even throw in Briseboise

Draft Dubois and one of Juolevi or Sergachev.

Resign Hammer.

Sign Eriksson 4 years at $6-7M

And this could be our roster in 2-3 years...

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Dubois Sutter Virtanen

Granlund Gaunce Etem

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Subban

XXXXX Tanev

Markstrom/Miller

Demko

XXXXX = Juolevi/Sergachev

This team isn't in half as bad of shape as most think.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah. It would take a McCann, a 2nd and a 4th. :P

regards,  G.

Might have to sweeten the pot on  the young dman side... a 5th round pick should do.

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

You would have to add to the pick. Not Fowler. 

They said YOUNG defenseman. 

Why is Edmonton trading away their Dmen for picks?

Not sure Fowler is  a top 4, youngish.  A 2nd and Fowler for the 8th OA seems like a fair trade.

Edler is FAR from old and their defense desperately needs a quality veteran (ntc not with standing)

Klefbom is still just that,, a young D man.  edmonont drafting 4th AND 8th gives them their Tkachuk AND one of the big 3 which immediately solidifies their defense with a young kid who can grow with one of the brightest forward groups in the NHL and hard to argue that Klefbom doesn't fit their needs or the 8th and one of the big 3 D doesn't fit Edmonton's

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not sure Fowler is  a top 4, youngish.  A 2nd and Fowler for the 8th OA seems like a fair trade.

Edler is FAR from old and their defense desperately needs a quality veteran (ntc not with standing)

Klefbom is still just that,, a young D man.  edmonont drafting 4th AND 8th gives them their Tkachuk AND one of the big 3 which immediately solidifies their defense with a young kid who can grow with one of the brightest forward groups in the NHL and hard to argue that Klefbom doesn't fit their needs or the 8th and one of the big 3 D doesn't fit Edmonton's

Trading Klefbom would be a step back for Edmonton, doesn't make sense for them. He's already made it to the NHL and has shown he's got a lot of promise already. No reason to gamble and set themselves back a few years and draft defense at 8th overall.

Fowler makes sense because Anaheim are being put in a situation where they can't afford to keep him, he's expendable. I think Fowler for 8th overall and a prospect is fair value, Anaheim can always throw in a draft pick going the other way to even it out if that's the case. Buffalo should be allover it. Anaheim have got a number of solid D prospects as well outside of Vatanen and Lindholm making Fowler easier to part with. Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour, and Jacob Larsson are very good prospects that I have no doubt will be NHL players for a long time. Buffalo have got a ton of great prospects so they trade from a strength as well. I can see Anaheim wanting to strengthen their forward prospect pool. 

Fowler for 8th overall and Gustav Possler (some chance of an NHL career)

Anaheim draft Jost/Brown/Keller at #8

Good day for both franchises. 

5 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

What's up with Buffalo and Columbus putting their pick for sale.. It's makes no sense. You have that pick to make your team better so use it not sell it. Edmonton is understandable. They have a overload of forwards but lacking D. 

Buffalo and Columbus likely want pieces that can improve their teams right away, as both teams are building a strong core that could potentially compete for a playoff spot next year,  rather than waiting 2-4 years for a draft pick to develop. It's the same reason why Benning keeps trading draft picks and prospects away. Shink for Granlund. Granlund NHL ready and NHL experience, Shink a year or two away, if ever. 2nd for Baertschi. 2nd, who knows. Baertschi NHL experience and high end potential talent. McCann + for Gudbranson. McCann, young but needs a lot of development. Guddy proven NHL top 4 dman. Etc etc etc. Building a team through a draft is not a guarantee. You have to have good scouts. Trading for established players gets you a shot to compete. 

Am curious what Buffalo WOULD pay to get Edler and how much they would value him. I'm not naive to think Edler fetches the #8 and Murray only threw that out there as a a way to puff his chest. All GM's throw exaggerated statements like that around at this time of year. Wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't.  

Getting a few picks such as their 2nd and one of their 3 3rd's along with maybe a prospect or established player would be a great enough return for my liking. They also have a few righties in their stable as well.

Ristonainen

Bogosian

Pysyk

Franson

Newly signed college guy Casey Martin

They have a few good young prospects

Fasching

Baptiste

Cornel

They also have a few nasty contracts they would like to get rid of.

Moulson

Ennis

Kane got himself into some hot water with the team, might they be willing to trade him?  Coach still played him 20+ minutes a game and he is still just 25 and has the same cap hit as Edler

Anywhoooo. ...Buffalo does have pieces, besides the #8 pick to help this team if they should decide to trade for Edler 

6 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Trading Klefbom would be a step back for Edmonton, doesn't make sense for them. He's already made it to the NHL and has shown he's got a lot of promise already. No reason to gamble and set themselves back a few years and draft defense at 8th overall.

Fowler makes sense because Anaheim are being put in a situation where they can't afford to keep him, he's expendable. I think Fowler for 8th overall and a prospect is fair value, Anaheim can always throw in a draft pick going the other way to even it out if that's the case. Buffalo should be allover it. Anaheim have got a number of solid D prospects as well outside of Vatanen and Lindholm making Fowler easier to part with. Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour, and Jacob Larsson are very good prospects that I have no doubt will be NHL players for a long time. Buffalo have got a ton of great prospects so they trade from a strength as well. I can see Anaheim wanting to strengthen their forward prospect pool. 

Fowler for 8th overall and Gustav Possler (some chance of an NHL career)

Anaheim draft Jost/Brown/Keller at #8

Good day for both franchises. 

I'm not saying Edmonton DOES this trade, but Klefbom is hard to see as a top 4 at this point the way he's been developed.  He has all the size skill and potential...but Edmonton just seems to wreck guys like him.

Added a team on the endless development; it would be hard to not see Edmonton kicking tires like that and being able to draft both Tkachuk/Dubois AND one of Sergachev/Chychrun or Juolevi.  All of whom are slated to possibly be NHL ready within a season and all of whom would be under nice ELCs and not needing the protection due because of the expansion draft.

15 hours ago, canuktravella said:

no thanks to kane he has talent yes but no one likes the drama hed bring.

cdc is so crazy  yes hutton is a good young dman   his value is a top ten draft pick  but then cdcers  seem to think edler has no value its hilarious  for one edler shuts down top opposition plays 25 mins a game  and gets 30 points a yr guaranteed   i believe hutton will be able to do this in the future. On free agent market edler would be offered 7-8 mill by at least 5-10 teams  his value is huge  and hes not being trade. If canucks can have a healthy dcorp this yr  watchout  its gonna be top 3 in league especially with the way tryamkin smashes players coming into our zone i love it. If benning can get a ppqb like (yandle, vatanen, juolevi) this team will be deadly

edler tanev

hutton guddy

juolevi  tryamkin 

pedan stecher 

subban larsen 

olsen brisebois 

sautner nilsson

is a so much better a dcorp than when rome was on team

While I agree that Edler is under appreciated on these boards, to say that our current dcorps plus Juolevi beats out 2011 or 2012 dcorps is just wrong. Rome was also under appreciated; he was a good 6th/7th D. He played heavy and was able to make the safe play out of the zone to relieve pressure, usually a flip of the puck to the opponents blue line. 

16 hours ago, mmead said:

Even if you stretch the word young to the furthest reaches Edler doesn't fit into that category. 

Would you flip Hutton if it meant the eighth overall?  I wouldnt just curious your opinion. 

Yeah, Edler would seem to contradict what they're after. 

I don't see JB wanting anything to do with trading Hutton. He had a great rookie campaign. Still needs a little polishing on the defensive side of the puck but looks to be an important piece of our defense moving forward. I think it's simply a matter of him gaining NHL experience and working with the veterans to improve himself.

The 8th pick would give us a lot of options, but I don't see any common ground for a deal here.

14 hours ago, Provost said:

Not many teams are going to trade a top 4 guy for anything but a lottery pick.  Too hard to come by and an 8th overall is likely to be a project and involves a lot of risk about whether they will pan out or not.

Who do you think they could get back if they were to throw Girgensons in with the 8th? They have a ton of talented centers, losing one wouldn't hurt.

Archived