The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres 8th for LHD.

5 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

While I agree that Edler is under appreciated on these boards, to say that our current dcorps plus Juolevi beats out 2011 or 2012 dcorps is just wrong. Rome was also under appreciated; he was a good 6th/7th D. He played heavy and was able to make the safe play out of the zone to relieve pressure, usually a flip of the puck to the opponents blue line. 

i disagree  plus rome was basically as skilled at that goon scott 

5 hours ago, Bigturk8 said:

Who do you think they could get back if they were to throw Girgensons in with the 8th? They have a ton of talented centers, losing one wouldn't hurt.

Not having followed Buffalo all that much, what's up with Girgensons? He had 8 goals in his first year, and 7 goals last year while getting 15 goals in the middle, all while playing fewer games that season.

Did he get a change in line mates, did he fall out of favour with the coaches, or was it merely a numbers game with Eichel and Reinhart being around?

regards,  G.

On 6/21/2016 at 4:27 PM, Mathew Barzal said:

I wouldn't, we need find a way to add new youth without taking away from our current pool of young talent.

That's the main reason Jimbo's dealing in picks in so many trades. Acquilini wants a competent team now and yet we need to find a way to start building for the future. We're playing moneyball with our long term outlook, but the direction is the best we can do given the circumstances and expectations.

Speculation, facts. Words can mean whatever we want them to, it's great.

On June 21, 2016 at 4:09 PM, mmead said:

Even if you stretch the word young to the furthest reaches Edler doesn't fit into that category. 

Would you flip Hutton if it meant the eighth overall?  I wouldnt just curious your opinion. 

No. Hutton is as sure as they get. I wouldn't part with him for a draft pick unless it was top 5. That's just me. Guys like Hutton don't become available often for a reason 

On 22 June 2016 at 9:07 AM, DeNiro said:

It would have to be Hutton plus some pieces.

Wouldn't make sense for us.

Does Hutton plus, say Grenier, for Juolevi not make more sense than Tanev for anyone?

We can replace Hutton interim with Hammer...

1 hour ago, CHYCHRUN said:

Hutton or Gudbranson wouldn't cut it. Buff wants a stud for the 8th. They will land one of the top 3 d in this draft at no.8. All of which are worth more then either of these 2 guys.

They can draft a 2D with their 8OA but they'll have to wait a couple of years.  The alternative is taking someone who is almost as good, who is ready to play (22-24 yrs).  Say, Guddy (if he were left handed).

It doesn't sound as if they would be interested in a package deal because the main asset wouldn't be good enough.

4 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Speculation, facts. Words can mean whatever we want them to, it's great.

Completely my fault for forgetting that not everyone is a genius and would be able to realize that what I wrote was my opinion and not a first hand source from Jim Benning. Your nitpicking saves lives. Thank god for people like you on CDC.

Archived