The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Milan Lucic to hit free agency

Hmmmm. Well , Vancouver it is , like it or not. Wouldn't mind him here to mentor guys like Virtanen. Similar to what sundin did for us. Still guna be allot of dough we could spend elsewhere. We finally have cap to spend , I hope they make the most of it 

50/50 on signing him. On one hand, he's the kind of player who could play with the Sedins, and he's the kind of player JB is looking for. On the other hand, his personality could be toxic for the young guys. That, and he tends to be overaggressive on the ice.

Just now, Qwags said:

50/50 on signing him. On one hand, he's the kind of player who could play with the Sedins, and he's the kind of player JB is looking for. On the other hand, his personality could be toxic for the young guys. That, and he tends to be overaggressive on the ice.

I like the physicality and intimidation he would bring if he played with the twins,  however,  I think that line will strugle due to lack of speed. 

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

I like the physicality and intimidation he would bring if he played with the twins,  however,  I think that line will strugle due to lack of speed. 

Keep Hansen with the twins,

use ML on the 1st pp with the twins

I'd still like us to focus on Stamkos (super unlikely, but I can dream), Eriksson, Okoposo (I know Benning said they weren't interested in him) and Brouwer. 

With that said, if Lucic WANTS to come here and is willing to take a hometown discount - I'm not against having him on the roster, I'm just not interested in paying the free agency premium for him.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Lack of speed.. compared to the twins?  I think on that level, its a great fit.  Sedins finesse it into the offensive zone, and Lucic crash and bangs his way in front of the goal, and digs out pucks out of the corner.  And when someone like Burns takes liberties with Henrik, Lucic "taps" him on the shoulder and introduces himself.

Archived