The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

As good as Stecher has been early on, I still think he would be better served playing on the second pairing.

Those pairing also need some more size and pushback, which is why I think Gudbranson will be in their long term plans.

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Thrown Gud in there, switch Hutton and Tryamkin, and you might have something in the future. It's too early to write off the Hutton/Gudbranson pairing.

Look at us Deniro :bigblush:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Little bit off topic (not like this thread already isn't), but I don't see anyone asking if Edmonton made a mistake taking Puljujarvi over Tkachuk. Just saying.

I don't think so.  I really believe that Poolparty will be an elite player in the future.

It was dumb to pass on Tkachuk...Hated his lineage, but was hoping the Canucks had taken him.

I am not upset that we got Juolevi in the end, because I know that if we had drafted MT, there is a huge possibillity that this coaching group would have either ruined him or buried him on the third or 4th line with very little chance for success.

1 minute ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I said MT would have been ruined by our coaching staff, but thanks for coming out

I wonder if Olli makes our team next season?  If he does, maybe we get Boeser and Gaudette too.  Willie D is already on the record saying it's not a development league, so (for those guys to be on the team) Willie would be gone, right?  This is the same Willie who cut Stecher and put Bo on the fourth line, even though they were very clearly our best players in the preseason.  

Just now, NEON.KNEE said:

I said MT would have been ruined by our coaching staff, but thanks for coming out

You can state any kind of sleazy nonsensical opinion you want about MT on the Canucks, since we will never know what would have happened. We WILL see what happens with OJ though. Thanks for trolling. Always room for more hate for members of the Canucks organization.

4 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I don't think MT is lazy, Virtanen is only suffering because of fitness, if he'd work hard like the grinders we have or bo horvat when he was 19, he would still be with the nucks. MT is different, he's more like Burrows, he does everything do he could stay

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You can state any kind of sleazy nonsensical opinion you want about MT on the Canucks, since we will never know what would have happened. We WILL see what happens with OJ though. Thanks for trolling. Always room for more hate for members of the Canucks organization.

reading must not be your strong suit...If you go thru this thread, or even read what I had written from which you quoted, I said I am ok with OJ, I am nothing but a fan of this team.  You seem to be the one trolling

21 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

reading must not be your strong suit...If you go thru this thread, or even read what I had written from which you quoted, I said I am ok with OJ, I am nothing but a fan of this team.  You seem to be the one trolling

Right...you are a big fan of this team. You just feel that JB was dumb to pick OJ, and WD ruins our rookies. Like the way he ruined Bo, Baer, Granny, Hutton, Tram, Stecher, etc. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Right...you are a big fan of this team. You just feel that JB was dumb to pick OJ, and WD ruins our rookies. Like the way he ruined Bo, Baer, Granny, Hutton, Tram, Stecher, etc. 

Seriously...can you even read?  It was dumb to pass on Tkachuk...but I am happy that we picked OJ...WTF dude. you are officially blocked.

45 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I think the poster is echoing what many posters are feeling about the Olli pick.  We are fine with Olli, but were expecting JB to pick Tkatchuk.  Now seeing Tkatchuk doing so well on a team we absolutely hate, is upsetting.  Olli may very well become a good player for us.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think the poster is echoing what many posters are feeling about the Olli pick.  We are fine with Olli, but were expecting JB to pick Tkatchuk.  Now seeing Tkatchuk doing so well on a team we absolutely hate, is upsetting.  Olli may very well become a good player for us.  

Sadly I don't think our fan base will allow OJ to become a good player for us. There'll always be a player we should have taken.

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Sadly I don't think our fan base will allow OJ to become a good player for us. There'll always be a player we should have taken.

If Olli does win over the fans here, that means he becomes a really good player, much like Bo has done.  Imagine a Bo level player on our defence:)  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Yeah i guess it's up to him. But do you remember before bo was in the nhl... all we could talk about was nichushkin.

That's what you and half CDC is doing with Tkachuk and OJ.

Damned instant gratification society. No patience. No joy of pleasure delay. 

• Upvote 3