The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

You really want to compare the two right now. One is playing in the NHL and one is playing JR. Seriously now.

Yeah Tkatchuk is a good player but Juolevi is trending very well for a Dman. The complaining is ridiculous. I'll give you Nylander or Ehlers instead of Jake but the Juolevi complaining is dumb.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Anyone else notice the super star tkachuk only had 7 goals in the last half of the season and has gone completely cold when backlund slowed down?  People were acting like JB passed on a laine / Mathews calibre player . I'll still take my chances with juolevi . 

Yeah its called a 19 year old in his first full NHL season. Happens all the time. Even veteran NHL'ers have slumps. Think it through before you post this kind of lunacy man.

I hate defending Flames plyers...makes me wanna puke

3 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Yeah Tkatchuk is a good player but Juolevi is trending very well for a Dman. The complaining is ridiculous. I'll give you Nylander or Ehlers instead of Jake but the Juolevi complaining is dumb.

When Ollie is in the NHL then we can all make the comparisons. To point to OJ's success at the JR level right is pointless because Tkachuk did as good or better when he was there. As it stands now Tkachuk is the better player because he's in the NHL. That's it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

For a second there I thought you were talking about Jake last year, but he wasn't cut such slack.

Jake is not in the NHL because he's undisciplined off the ice and his game slipped big time at the start of this year. Plus I don't think WD is the kind of coach that can reach him. A coach like Babcock, Quenninville or Torts is what he needs. A tough in your face hard nosed SOB

26 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

Yeah its called a 19 year old in his first full NHL season. Happens all the time. Even veteran NHL'ers have slumps. Think it through before you post this kind of lunacy man.

24 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

For a second there I thought you were talking about Jake last year, but he wasn't cut such slack.

19 year old Sam Bennett 

52 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

No doubt, but people in here have been acting as if  JB passed on a laine/ Mathews calibre player Just because he got off to a good start. In the end he got 13 goals. He's a good top 6 winger, but I'll take my chances on juolevi turning out to be a top pair d man as those guys are harder to come by. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

No doubt, but people in here have been acting as if  JB passed on a laine/ Mathews calibre player Just because he got off to a good start. In the end he got 13 goals. He's a good top 6 winger, but I'll take my chances on juolevi turning out to be a top pair d man as those guys are harder to come by. 

Fair enough but JO as a top pair d is still a roll of the dice. Tkachuk at the very least will be a top 6 with a very good chance to be a 1st line winger. I hate to say it but I believe Tkachuk will be the better player of the 2

1 minute ago, two drink minimum said:

Fair enough but JO as a top pair d is still a roll of the dice. Tkachuk at the very least will be a top 6 with a very good chance to be a 1st line winger. I hate to say it but I believe Tkachuk will be the better player of the 2

We shall see! If juolevi projects out as expected  it will be a good debate..

8 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

I respect your opinion, I sure as hell dont agree with it though

10 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

Right now it's hard to disagree.  Tkatchuk is performing in the NHL, while Olli is still in Junior.  I FIRMLY BELIEVE that Olli will be not only a more valuable player than Tkatchuk, but he will mature into an elite - minute munching - number one.  Tkatchuk is what he is right now.  Olli will become in four or five years the elite number one stud we've never had.  Which would you rather have?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Right now it's hard to disagree.  Tkatchuk is performing in the NHL, while Olli is still in Junior.  I FIRMLY BELIEVE that Olli will be not only a more valuable player than Tkatchuk, but he will mature into an elite - minute munching - number one.  Tkatchuk is what he is right now.  Olli will become in four or five years the elite number one stud we've never had.  Which would you rather have?

I sincerely hope you end up being right here. Projecting defensemen is harder than wingers in most cases but I think a lot of draft scouts had Tkachuk ahead of OJ pre draft anyway. If OJ turns out to be a true top pairing D-man then he's definitely worth picking ahead of a top 6 winger. I think we can all agree there. I just have my doubts of OJ reaching true #1 d level. We shall soon find out though and it'll be real fun watching it all play out especially because these two players will compete head to head for years to come

3 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

I sincerely hope you end up being right here. Projecting defensemen is harder than wingers in most cases but I think a lot of draft scouts had Tkachuk ahead of OJ pre draft anyway. If OJ turns out to be a true top pairing D-man then he's definitely worth picking ahead of a top 6 winger. I think we can all agree there. I just have my doubts of OJ reaching true #1 d level. We shall soon find out though and it'll be real fun watching it all play out especially because these two players will compete head to head for years to come

He doesn't need to be a #1 defenceman. Even a number 3 dman has just as much value as a second line winger. 

1 hour ago, manroth19 said:

When the draft happened everybody knew tkachuk was NHL ready and a year older and yeah he's done great this year, unbelievable really. But everybody knew he'd be in the show and oj would be in juniors. I hate that comparison "well he's in the NHL so he's better" the guys a year older (which at their age is still significant) and playing a position that's easier to start early in the show

As I said earlier, facts don't care about your feelings. The facts show that one is in the NHL and the other in Jr. That could all change as ealy as next season but as it stands now Tkachuk has proven himself to be a very good player in the best hockey league in the world and its no surprise to anyone really.

3 hours ago, two drink minimum said:

When Ollie is in the NHL then we can all make the comparisons. To point to OJ's success at the JR level right is pointless because Tkachuk did as good or better when he was there. As it stands now Tkachuk is the better player because he's in the NHL. That's it

Tkachuk, 48 points in his rookie season plus the turbulence he produces.

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

He doesn't need to be a #1 defenceman. Even a number 3 dman has just as much value as a second line winger. 

That may be true but Tkachuk has the goods to be a first line winger. I'm not convinced OJ will be a 1st pairing D as it stands. Now that could change very soon and I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but as it stands now I'd take MT before OJ especially after a very good rookie year.

Look I hate to defend Flames draft picks but lets be honest here, he's looking like a steal at 6th oa right now. I bet the Blue Jackets and Oilers are kicking themselves too so we're not alone on this

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

How come lumme or lock is not calling you out and whining about your assumptions that OJ will become an "elite number one stud," and more valuable player of than tkathuk despite OJ not even finishing a single NHL game.

oh thats right you're telling them what they want to hear

Edited by BlackBeard