Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, two drink minimum said:

Someone is going to have to be trade so Its all about maximizing a return in a trade. Who gets the most return between Edler and Sbisa. I'm not sure if the Canuks can even expose Edler so it could be moot afterall

 

They can't as far as I know They wouldn't have to anyway. I do hope if they trade its before the expansion draft Sbisa is totally underrated IMO -1 on a 29th place team is pretty good. People who defended him last year said play him in his proper role on his proper side and he will be fine. This year they did that for the most part. He may not get the points, but he reminds me of an LH poor man's Tanev I would hate to lose him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler and Hutton would both get good returns and Sbisa decent. Edler depends on NTC and he might not waive so like I said before. One of or both Sbisa and Hutton should be traded this offseason.

I don't want to trade Hutton short of a #2 center. I would do it for a young player like Reinhart or Strome but theres no way Buff or Ari would offer that so keep him. He's way too valuable. Trading Edler just to recoup the cap space makes all the sense in the world to me

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bp79 said:

They can't as far as I know They wouldn't have to anyway. I do hope if they trade its before the expansion draft Sbisa is totally underrated IMO -1 on a 29th place team is pretty good. People who defended him last year said play him in his proper role on his proper side and he will be fine. This year they did that for the most part. He may not get the points, but he reminds me of an LH poor man's Tanev I would hate to lose him.

That's what I thought. So protect Eds, Tans and Goods. Trade Sbisa and its all good. If we end up with the 3rd 4th or 5th pick I would package it up with Sbisa and move it for a future an offensive #2 center. I would love to see Sam Reinhart in a Canucks uni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler and Hutton would both get good returns and Sbisa decent. Edler depends on NTC and he might not waive so like I said before. One of or both Sbisa and Hutton should be traded this offseason.

 

Why Hutton or Sbisa.? they won't fetch much and are both far from their prime. If we are going to rebuild it should be Eds And Tanev Tanev would give us a great return, If not keep him. Eds would get us a better return then Hut or pizza IMO. And only one needs to be traded in order for us not to lose Sbisa in the ex draft. I've said it before. I think Tanev is going to the Avs. Edler can be packaged up with Sutter and picks if needed. we take back a bad contract to balance out the books and move into the top 8 and grab  Liljegren Devils might make a good partner. Are we still able to retain salary? I know we are with bobby lou. Is there anyone else still?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

That's what I thought. So protect Eds, Tans and Goods. Trade Sbisa and its all good. If we end up with the 3rd 4th or 5th pick I would package it up with Sbisa and move it for a future an offensive #2 center. I would love to see Sam Reinhart in a Canucks uni

 

We are thinking along the same path. I just had in my scenario getting into the top 8 using sutter  Edler and picks and retaining A bad contract to balance out the books. And grabbing a guy like Liljegren If we could walk out of the draft with either Patrick our Nico with our pick. And then nab Liljegren with the pick we traded for We would be in pretty good shape. The players I mentioned may need to be adjusted so if someone wants to laugh at my proposal. At least give your own example. Liljegren from what some scouts have said is at the very least  AHL ready. Maybe NHL ready. Sutter can be replaced by Patrick or nico or even Dahlen if his club lets him go. From what  I have read if he signs a pro contract over here he has to be released,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Why Hutton or Sbisa.? they won't fetch much and are both far from their prime. If we are going to rebuild it should be Eds And Tanev Tanev would give us a great return, If not keep him. Eds would get us a better return then Hut or pizza IMO. And only one needs to be traded in order for us not to lose Sbisa in the ex draft. I've said it before. I think Tanev is going to the Avs. Edler can be packaged up with Sutter and picks if needed. we take back a bad contract to balance out the books and move into the top 8 and grab  Liljegren Devils might make a good partner. Are we still able to retain salary? I know we are with bobby lou. Is there anyone else still?

I cant see a scenario where trading Tanev gets us equal value when you consider the hole that would leave on the right side. What do you think JB could get in return for Tanev?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, two drink minimum said:

I cant see a scenario where trading Tanev gets us equal value when you consider the hole that would leave on the right side. What do you think JB could get in return for Tanev?

 
 

Well, I think Tanman is worth more than we give him credit for, which is ironic cuz most of us overvalue our players lol. I think Tanev A 2nd and a b rated prospect gets us Duchene From all reports for whatever reason 2 different coaches have yet to get him back to 3 seasons ago Maybe it is him? maybe not I would take the chance. Plan B is always ( keep in mind I'm holding back the puke as I write this cuz it would improve the oilers quite a bit) is Tanev  a3rd for the Nuge and the oilers first. Tanev > Larsson. Hall> Hopkins. Keeping in mind inter-conference trading is always a bit taboo. Unless you are from the south lol.

 

Edited by bp79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would even do a trade for Ryan for Sutter The oil are going to be up against it when it comes to the salary cap and that trade saves them 2 million a year. Plus they are just wasting him on the 3rd line. If they wanted more we could add a pick or take back a bad contract. We will have over 17 mill to spend with only Bo as the big fish to sign. Plus the cap is going to go up as well. Sutter is a great 3rd line centre. and if in the future we needed to move the Nuge the wing. He would be fine there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Well, I think Tanmanorth more than we give him credit for, which is ironic cuz most of us overvalue our players lol. I think Tanev A 2nd and a b rated prospect gets us Duchene From all reports for whatever reason 2 different coaches have yet to get him back to 3 seasons ago Maybe it is him? maybe not I would take the chance. Plan B is always ( keep in mind I'm holding back the puke as I write this cuz it would improve the oilers quite a bit) is Tanev  a3rd for the Nuge and the oilers first. Tanev > Larsson. Hall> Hopkins. Keeping in mind inter-conference trading is always a bit taboo. Unless you are from the south lol.

 

I Doubt Tanev +  would fetch Duchesne at the moment. I also wonder about Duchesne from the standpoint that he's 26 and has had a decent but not great career so far. It just seems that his time in Col has actually been underwhelming. He's had little no playoff success so far and by comparison he is way behind Tavaris and Hedman and one wonders if he will ever really put it all together and become a top player in the NHL a la Toews Tavares Stamkos

Edited by two drink minimum
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, two drink minimum said:

I Doubt Tanev +  would fetch Duchesne at the moment. I also wonder about Duchesne from the standpoint that he's 26 and has had a decent but not great career so far. It just seems that his time in Col has actually been underwhelming. He's had little no playoff success so far and by comparison he is way behind Tavaris and Hedman and one wonders if he will ever really put it all together and become a top player in the NHL a la Toews Tavares Stamkos

 
 
 

all good points. Which is why I think maybe a change of scenery might be what he needs. Is it worth trading tanev for him? Tough call. I think with Guddy being as they are both right handed shut down D, and Tanev being in his prime and starting to wear down a bit it might be worth the risk. Especially if Subban ends up being able to translate his game to the pros and we are able to somehow get   Liljegren at the draft. Or like I said As much as I like Sutter A swap of him and the Nuge would be ok as well I just get this feeling, with JB already saying he will add more top 6 talent this summer.and Tanev or a package of either Sutter or Edler being are best chances to do that I think 2 of those 3 are gone by the end of the draft.;l JB likes Sbisa He was right to get him he had done nothing but shut up all the haters by his play this year. I doubt JB lets him go for free. btw do you know when the ex draft is? Ps I think Tanev plus could get a deal done. based on the points you brough up Tanev may not be flashy buy he is elite at what he does. and tho fans may not see that Scouts and GMs do

Edited by bp79
added more content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2017 at 1:51 AM, two drink minimum said:

I cant see a scenario where trading Tanev gets us equal value when you consider the hole that would leave on the right side. What do you think JB could get in return for Tanev?

Stecher, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Biega, McEneny, Subban.... plus we could sign a cheap depth UFA or two...

 

Not sure that's a huge concern. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-04-15 at 2:33 AM, two drink minimum said:

I Doubt Tanev +  would fetch Duchesne at the moment. I also wonder about Duchesne from the standpoint that he's 26 and has had a decent but not great career so far. It just seems that his time in Col has actually been underwhelming. He's had little no playoff success so far and by comparison he is way behind Tavaris and Hedman and one wonders if he will ever really put it all together and become a top player in the NHL a la Toews Tavares Stamkos

The way you spell "Duchene" is priceless man. Seriously the best way to wake up on a Sunday morning. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, two drink minimum said:

That may be true but Tkachuk has the goods to be a first line winger. I'm not convinced OJ will be a 1st pairing D as it stands. Now that could change very soon and I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but as it stands now I'd take MT before OJ especially after a very good rookie year.

 

Look I hate to defend Flames draft picks but lets be honest here, he's looking like a steal at 6th oa right now. I bet the Blue Jackets and Oilers are kicking themselves too so we're not alone on this

Wow, you have this knowledge based upon your extensive watching of junior hockey games?   MT is a head case and will wear thin on his teammates just like he did in junior except at NHL level he cannot simply "move on".   Second  year in league when teams know he is coming he will be far less effective.  Given the Canucks needs, OJ is a far better prospect but for some I guess the instant gratification is more important than hockey logic.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The way you spell "Duchene" is priceless man. Seriously the best way to wake up on a Sunday morning. 

It's the French spelling, I think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, you have this knowledge based upon your extensive watching of junior hockey games?   MT is a head case and will wear thin on his teammates just like he did in junior except at NHL level he cannot simply "move on".   Second  year in league when teams know he is coming he will be far less effective.  Given the Canucks needs, OJ is a far better prospect but for some I guess the instant gratification is more important than hockey logic.

Extensive knowledge? ....no but I dont think any of us on here has that. 48 points as a rookie in the NHL is very impressive and 110 points as a rookie in the OHL is impressive. I sincerely hope you're right about OJ vs MT after its all said and done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The way you spell "Duchene" is priceless man. Seriously the best way to wake up on a Sunday morning. 

Glad I could help. It goes back to my days of hockey pools and having to spell Steve Duchesne lol. Back then it was all pen to paper. Old habits die hard I guess

Edited by two drink minimum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J.R. said:

Stecher, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Biega, McEneny, Subban.... plus we could sign a cheap depth UFA or two...

 

Not sure that's a huge concern. 

 

 

Tree-amkin is a left side d no?  Not sure we have a solid top shut down d as good as Tanner. Stetch  Subban are not first pairing shut down guys IMO. Biega is a bottom pair and who knows about McEneny. If JB trades Tanner then he better have a back up plan to replace him on the top pair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, two drink minimum said:

Tree-amkin is a left side d no?  Not sure we have a solid top shut down d as good as Tanner. Stetch  Subban are not first pairing shut down guys IMO. Biega is a bottom pair and who knows about McEneny. If JB trades Tanner then he better have a back up plan to replace him on the top pair

Left is Tryamkin's natural side but he played right side most of this year (and has previously in the KHL) and is adept at it.

 

Nobody said we have any (ready) guys to replace Tanev. We're not a contender next year. IMO moving Tanev now, for a solid return, is more about the team in 3+ years being better.

 

We have enough guys who are good enough to play those minutes and loosely 'replace' Tanev by committee. 

 

Edler, Stecher

Hutton, Gudbranson

Sbisa, Tryamkin

 

...would be perfectly fine pairings next year with Biega, McEneny, Subban, a UFA etc to get chances to fill in with injuries on the right side.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, two drink minimum said:

Extensive knowledge? ....no but I dont think any of us on here has that. 48 points as a rookie in the NHL is very impressive and 110 points as a rookie in the OHL is impressive. I sincerely hope you're right about OJ vs MT after its all said and done

Your fixation with points says it all.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.