Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:46 PM, skategal said:

I know this thread is supposed to be about Juolevi, but talk about Edler intrigues me.  While he may not be a Norris caliber defenceman, he's no slouch.  He's become CDC's latest whipping boy, but that doesn't take much.  I'm curious about people who state that "he's not much of a mentor".  How do you know that?  Do you see him on the practice ice, in the dressing room, players bench?  In my estimate, Edler is a classic introvert, he's not going to be front and center in a group talking, not the life of the party, not comfortable talking on front of people he doesn't know well, but one on one he's likely very good.  I believe some of the younger guys have referenced his help in getting them more comfortable in the NHL.  

My guess from watching Edler is that he's not thought of as a mentor because he makes as many mistakes as the rest of the defensemen combined, Stecher is already leaps and bounds ahead of him defensively in his rookie season and Edler is pretty much useless and error prone on most nights costing the team wins.

If Benning wants to help this team win next season he makes sure he keeps Tanev and Hutton and tells Edler he's seen enough poor uninspired play out of him to last a lifetime and to except a trade to a team of your liking or you spend the season in Utica.

As for Juolevi great all around dman in the making looks like this kid will be ready after next season hopefully a little bigger and stronger.

This kid does a lot of things well and we already have some young guys who do just that it'll solidify what we have when he's ready and he could just might round out into a true qb for the powerplay.

The Knights are up 3-1 in the first period right now with 5:31 to play and have chased Timpano out of the Otters' net. Juolevi has an assist on the first goal, a powerplay marker where he passed it down to Cliff Pu at the side who fed it out to Kuokkanen in front of the net for the goal. He did get a minus on the Erie goal, but it was more Mete's fault than his; Juolevi had his man covered near the left side of the ice and Mete came over to help, leaving Lodnia wide open in front of the net to score when the puck squeaked out to him.

Darren Raddysh scores with 0.2 seconds left in the first period with a laser from the right faceoff circle... what a shot. The Otters won a puck battle behind the net and Raddysh got the puck without a lot of space to shoot, I think it was Macdonald who was right in front of him. 3-2 at the end of the first.

Edited by stonecoldstevebernier

Still 3-2 for London after two periods - the Knights got absolutely dominated that period but Parsons has been a sponge in goal, just absorbing everything the Otters threw at him in that period. The shots are 39-21 for Erie so far and they were 21-9 in that frame... Erie is clearly the superior team but goaltending has been the difference in this series and tonight is no different, with the Knights being opportunistic enough to keep pace.

3 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Still 3-2 for London after two periods - the Knights got absolutely dominated that period but Parsons has been a sponge in goal, just absorbing everything the Otters threw at him in that period. The shots are 39-21 for Erie so far and they were 21-9 in that frame... Erie is clearly the superior team but goaltending has been the difference in this series and tonight is no different, with the Knights being opportunistic enough to keep pace.

Sucks that Parsons is a Flames prospect.

They may have finally figured out their goaltending in the future.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He definitely looks legit, which is lucky for them since they passed on Demko for Mason McDonald. I can only imagine the frustration around here if the reverse had happened...

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Parsons reminds me a lot like Jonathan Quick. Hopefully he doesn't turn out as good as him but man Parsons definitely the real-deal. 

Edited by Odd.