The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

51 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'd be shocked if he gets moved anywhere close to the beginning of this year if at all. Don't see him waiving and don't see Benning moving our only, currently legit top 4 D on the left.

Edler only leaves imo after Sedins are gone and he realizes it's time to move on with only him and Tanev left from the 2011 team.

Sooner Sedins leave Edler goes too.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Benning already tried to trade "Guddy" for Demers but the trade was nixed because Demers had Van on his no go list.

Shocker I know.

That's a Botchford guess, not a fact.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Benning already tried to trade "Guddy" for Demers but the trade was nixed because Demers had Van on his no go list.

Shocker I know.

Zero truth to it. 

If your gonna use botchford as a source we might as well allow eklund sources again too.

• Upvote 2

Not sure what's worse -- that people read listen to Botchford thinking they're getting valid information and analysis, or that they actually believe anything he says.  He's an admitted Leafs fan, a hack "journalist" with no sources, and about as valid a reporter as Simi Sara, a fellow former "features" reporter with zero credentials.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nergish said:

Olli is ready mentally, in terms of ability, and now physically...

He's also a coach's dream and would put in all the necessary work to stick in the NHL...

But I'd still keep him away from Vancouver for one more year. His development is arguably the most important factor in this rebuild. 

He knows the entire organization is gaga over him, and he knows how important he is to their plans for the future. He's smart enough to realize that NOT rushing him is actually doing him a service and shows utmost commitment to his game and/or career.

We have lots of shiny toys to look at this upcoming season, we don't need Olli to fill seats or keep the games from becoming too boring.

Positionally there would be way more pressure on Olli than guys like Boeser, Goldobin, Rodin, Burmistrov. 

There's way too much going on with this lineup, and a brand new coach, to toss Juolevi into that mix.

It would have been too perfect if he was able to play in Utica...

Being in London is a good silver lining though.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Zero truth to it. 

If your gonna use botchford as a source we might as well allow eklund sources again too.

apparently there are several sources on the matter.  the erik Gudbranson player thread has the other sources apparently.

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Lol you can easily find it.

Whether you believe it or not is the question...

No Chipper

You said it.  You prove it.

Article on TSN.  I saw an Article on TSN that linked Carey Price to a potential trade with Anaheim.  Doesn't mean they were trading him to Anaheim does it.

You say it, you prove it.  That's how it works

Just looked, nowhere do I see Demers linked to vancouver for Gudbranson

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

apparently there are several sources on the matter.  the erik Gudbranson player thread has the other sources apparently.

Botchford is the only source linking Gudbranson to Demers.  All the analysts are simply saying Demers nixed a trade.  Seen nothing credible, at all thus far.

As well, with our defense and Benning's MO...why would he be giving up a D for a D when it's more of a step back in regards to everything but points in a player for player comparison.  If he is sure that Gudbranson WON'T re-sign here than he'll trade him at the TDL most assuredly for a decent haul.  But besides points and length of contract it's a very sideways trade at best which doesn't fit.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

We'll see.  There was the one guy who ran into a guy that looked like Juolevi only with a belly then saw Goldobin walk out of the elevator as well to only realize that it was Juolevi...just fatter

What guy was that?  (If you don't mind.)

23 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

We'll see.  There was the one guy who ran into a guy that looked like Juolevi only with a belly then saw Goldobin walk out of the elevator as well to only realize that it was Juolevi...just fatter

Certainly doesn't look fat at all at development camp; dude looks ripped.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Botchford is the only source linking Gudbranson to Demers.  All the analysts are simply saying Demers nixed a trade.  Seen nothing credible, at all thus far.

As well, with our defense and Benning's MO...why would he be giving up a D for a D when it's more of a step back in regards to everything but points in a player for player comparison.  If he is sure that Gudbranson WON'T re-sign here than he'll trade him at the TDL most assuredly for a decent haul.  But besides points and length of contract it's a very sideways trade at best which doesn't fit.

someone said i mac was a source too.  i thought it was just botch but someone challenged me on it.  maybe i mac's piece was speculation im not sure.