The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Would really be disappointing if he is a healthy scratch 2 games in a row. Not a good look especially when you're supposed to be a key guy on the back-end. Hopefully back in the line-up tomorrow and starts contributing on the scoresheet.

Even with Hedman out injured, Sergachev has been a healthy scratch twice last week.  Young players sometimes need simply to get extra rest, much like Boeser got (by sitting out) our first two games this season.  It means NOTHING to how good Olli will become.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Even with Hedman out injured, Sergachev has been a healthy scratch twice last week.  Young players sometimes need simply to get extra rest, much like Boeser got (by sitting out) our first two games this season.  It means NOTHING to how good Olli will become.

If Juolevi was in the NHL and put up 27 points and was a scratch I would care less. 

But he's in the Finnish league. You don't see Heiskanen being healthy scratched.

If Juolevi was in the NHL and put up 27 points and was a scratch I would care less. 

But he's in the Finnish league. You don't see Heiskanen being healthy scratched.

Olli has the flu.  My point is a healthy scratch for a very young player really means nothing to how good he will become.  Heiskanen is like that Larsen guy we tried last year - a Euro league player, and nothing more.  

No but if Hesky gets the flu will he simply just play as he is beyond that kind of concern as he is super human?   Was odd that at WJC OJ logged massive minutes and Hesky was benched.   

Give all these kids a chance to grow and even get sick.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, Alflives said:

Olli has the flu.  My point is a healthy scratch for a very young player really means nothing to how good he will become.  Heiskanen is like that Larsen guy we tried last year - a Euro league player, and nothing more.  

Source? Was there actually a report he has the flu or is that made up? The poster who watches him says he was a healthy scratch.

Umm look up Heiskanen, i think you'll be in a surprise at how dominant of a Liiga player he is at age 18. Oh ya he made the Olympic squad as well.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No but if Hesky gets the flu will he simply just play as he is beyond that kind of concern as he is super human?   Was odd that at WJC OJ logged massive minutes and Hesky was benched.   

Give all these kids a chance to grow and even get sick.   

Do you have a report of him getting the flu or are you making this up? Need a source.

As I was looking around for news on Juolevi and what this business of him being scratched actually is I found this

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-olli-juolevi-nhl-ready/

its a larger article so I decided not to post it here as it is also a week and a half old

thats enough time to have great players turn generational and top players be busts!

20 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Source? Was there actually a report he has the flu or is that made up? The poster who watches him says he was a healthy scratch.

Umm look up Heiskanen, i think you'll be in a surprise at how dominant of a Liiga player he is at age 18. Oh ya he made the Olympic squad as well.

Different ice surface.  Heiskanen is slight, and wants to play D.  He’s a Euro player.  Olli is a much bigger body.  Bigger guys take more time, especially on D, to develop.  Olli will become a top two NHL dman.  That other guy will soon be FORGOTTEN.  

Is this a Canuck’s Fan Board?

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Different ice surface.  Heiskanen is slight, and wants to play D.  He’s a Euro player.  Olli is a much bigger body.  Bigger guys take more time, especially on D, to develop.  Olli will become a top two NHL dman.  That other guy will soon be FORGOTTEN.  

Is this a Canuck’s Fan Board?

Heiskanen is a year younger and is having a much better season than Juolevi. They play on the same ice surface. Ya Heiskanen does play D and he's putting up impressive offensive numbers as well and isn't being healthy scratched. Not to mention he plays 28 minutes a night is the go-to guy as an 18-year-old .

But back to Juolevi, was it reported he has the flu? Really curious or was it due to his compete level or defensive play? All I'm getting is that he was a healthy scratch.

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Heiskanen is a year younger and is having a much better season than Juolevi. They play on the same ice surface. Ya Heiskanen does play D and he's putting up impressive offensive numbers as well and isn't being healthy scratched. Not to mention he plays 28 minutes a night is the go-to guy as an 18-year-old .

But back to Juolevi, was it reported he has the flu? Really curious or was it due to his compete level or defensive play? All I'm getting is that he was a healthy scratch.

F038DDD7-65F6-4FE9-BE31-1B53535966B6.png

8 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Neither is in the NHL so it's kind of pointless to compare them at this stage.

It's like how some guys can dominate in the AHL and never make the NHL and others can struggle there but find their way to the next level.

Much too early to call anything.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's like how some guys can dominate in the AHL and never make the NHL and others can struggle there but find their way to the next level.

That's true, but comparing Heiskanen to Larsen was kind of odd lol

If Juolevi was doing what Heiskanen is doing he would get ton's more hype. They play the same position and are 1 year apart in age so it is fair to compare their seasons so far especially with them playing in the same league.

Edited by R.Dahlin26

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Much too early to call anything.

By that logic, Pettersson could never leave Sweden. 

I'm not saying your wrong, just the chances of Heskainen and Pettersson having an impact at the NHL level are good enough that we can be pretty confident it'll happen. 

27 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Don't think he's trolling in saying that Heiskanen is the better prospect. Bias aside, Heiskanen is killing it at 18. 

Heiskanen   has nothing to do with Juolevi.  It can be considered trolling, plus Heiskanen   is killing it at 18, Juolevi is killing it at 19. 

32 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Heiskanen is a year younger and is having a much better season than Juolevi.

Much better?  disagree with that comment, better not much better.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Hilarious.  So how do you know he has the flu?  

Coz I read it.   I guess he may just have a cold.   I don't know.   Why not call his doctor as you seem very concerned about his health.     People do get sick.   

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

SM-liiga weekly news section.    Google is your friend.

What on earth is this lol.... It goes to the SM liiga wiki page

Do you have a direct link to a report saying Juolevi has the flu which is the cause of his healthy scratch?

Or are you making this up?

Edited by R.Dahlin26

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Coz I read it.   I guess he may just have a cold.   I don't know.   Why not call his doctor as you seem very concerned about his health.     People do get sick.   

What did you read?

Can you write out the quote about Juolevi, would be much appreciated.