The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just need to be patient with Juolevi. Back & knee injuries are so detrimental to skating. Which is his biggest area for improvement. I think his transition to Utica has been pretty seemless (injuries aside). From day 1 in Utica he's been an important player in the AHL.

If he keeps progressing he might get an opportunity late this year, but for now he just needs to keep getting back up to speed and being a big part of Utica. He's a talented player I don't doubt he will play in the NHL it just depends on how his skating can get up to speed from his recovery.

I believe in him. He's a modern day PMD with NHL IQ. He can be an important part of a good team as he showed at the WJ. 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, dpn1 said:

Watched the Comets game yesterday and OJ was impressive.  He is so much more effect defensively than I thought and yesterday he was a shot blocking machine.  

I haven't had a chance to watch him play lately.  Does he look more like a Tanev?  Or more like an Edler?

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I haven't had a chance to watch him play lately.  Does he look more like a Tanev?  Or more like an Edler?

He's more like Eddy, but skates and passes the puck better.  Doesn't shoot it or is as physical as Eddy though.   

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's more like Eddy, but skates and passes the puck better.  Doesn't shoot it or is as physical as Eddy though.   

Thanks Alf.  Sounds like Top 4 material, but not a top pairing defenceman though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

He strikes me as an offensive Tanev.  The other night OJ was a shot blocking machine. 

• Cheers 3

15 hours ago, dpn1 said:

He strikes me as an offensive Tanev.  The other night OJ was a shot blocking machine. 

I'd say a slightly less defensive/more offense oriented Hampus Lindholm is a pretty decent play style projection, as long as he can stay healthy. 

Now he just needs to string some games/seasons together and get there.