The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No I don't and no you don't, who are you trying to kid?! :lol:

I'm not in the mood for your homerism today. I'm Looking around at all your comments in various threads with a sick stomach. I love you, but I hate you. 

40 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You agree with everything management does, I have a mind of my own. 

M8 you're a reasonable poster and I do agree with a lot of what you say, but I RARELY see you contribute anything positive about our team

37 minutes ago, logic said:

M8 you're a reasonable poster and I do agree with a lot of what you say, but I RARELY see you contribute anything positive about our team

Thats because I don't agree with some things that management is doing. I'm not the kinda guy who is going to come on here and say. "Hey everyone, isn't Trevor linden amazing?!, Let's up vote each other" 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Thats because I don't agree with some things that management is doing. I'm not the kinda guy who is going to come on here and say. "Hey everyone, isn't Trevor linden amazing?!, Let's up vote each other" 

haha. fair enough. 

I think with Juolevi, he will get more games in the preseason to demonstrate what he's got. 

I didn't see the game, I wasn't even able to listen to the game either :( 

But from what posters on here have said about his debut last night, he seemed to have done well, for his age

If he needs more developmental time, then so be it. We have nothing to lose, but everything to gain in the long term. 

I'm excited, because it feels like Stetcher is the real deal, and he pulling a Hutton. Benning has done a good job in building up and stocking up our defensive prospects. 

Now only if we can add to our forward prospects...some elite talent...

34 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Figured your POV deserved an UP. 

Juiolevvi should be in Junior NOW.  He's not ready, and could too easily be injured.

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully Rodin's in the process of being 'found money' in that regard.

Yeah. I'm not holding out hope that he will be "elite"; but he might be a decent pick up and addition to the team. 

Relatively young still at 25 yo. 

Worth a gamble to see what he can do at the NHL level, right? No loss for the organization, that's for sure. 

36 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Juolevi needs more seasoning and to do that he needs to be sent back to the juniors with the London Knights. Sure it would great to have him with the boys but we have a lot of defencemen.

He needs to go back without a doubt. He also needs to go back fully understanding what he needs to work on. Let him figure that out during the preseason. 1 game is not enough. 

I think that he did reasonably well for an 18 year old defenseman in his first game.  He had shifts against McDavid's line, and held his own.  I would like to see him get a few more games before being sent to London, so that he will have that much more exposure to the NHL.  Ideally I see him in London for a year, Utica for a year, split a year with Utica and Vancouver, and then be a full time nhler at 21.  I am really excited to see what he can do.  

Ever since we have picked up Joulevi and Gudbranson, I have been looking forward to what our D can bring in the future.  I didn't even consider Stecher as a key piece, or consider Hutton to be anything above an average top 6 on a good team.  I know it was only 1 pre season game, but I was blown away by what these 2 could potentially provide.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

haha. fair enough. 

I think with Juolevi, he will get more games in the preseason to demonstrate what he's got. 

I didn't see the game, I wasn't even able to listen to the game either :( 

But from what posters on here have said about his debut last night, he seemed to have done well, for his age

If he needs more developmental time, then so be it. We have nothing to lose, but everything to gain in the long term. 

I'm excited, because it feels like Stetcher is the real deal, and he pulling a Hutton. Benning has done a good job in building up and stocking up our defensive prospects. 

Now only if we can add to our forward prospects...some elite talent...

he did well, regardless of age.  He was calm with the puck and positionally sound without it.  

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

he did well, regardless of age.  He was calm with the puck and positionally sound without it.  

Yeah, I was quite impressed. Honestly if we didn't have such a full stable he could probably start on the team with partial time in a #6/7 role at least for his 9 games. He'd require some adjustment time before he'd likely get that #6 spot permanently but he really didn't look that far off. A lesser team would probably do just that.

A couple years developing and he'll likely come in and be a force.

Edited by J.R.

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah, I was quite impressed. Honestly if we didn't have such a full stable he could probably start on the team with partial time in a #6/7 role at least for his 9 games. He'd require some adjustment time before he'd likely get that #6 spot permanently but he really didn't look that far off. A lesser team would probably do just that.

A couple years developing and he'll likely come in and be a force.

agree completely.  When a draft a dman, outside of the #1-3, you will likely be waiting a couple of years, at least.

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

He needs to go back without a doubt. He also needs to go back fully understanding what he needs to work on. Let him figure that out during the preseason. 1 game is not enough. 

Yeah true. He needs to find out what he can improve on so when he gets a chance to make the team next year he can be a much better defenceman