The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

14 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I like Fanta's game as a 7th Dman but after seeing Olli last night I'd be willing to give him game 1 to see how he does, regardless of Fanta's status. He would have to get more than 6 minutes and I think he would after playing a solid game last night.

If we play St Louis, I'd say start with Fanta. They're heavy on the forecheck. I think I'm fine either way if we face Dallas, although I'm sure Jordie would like a shot against his former team and brother.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They need to try and find a taker for Jordie Benn. Keep Fanta around. 

Not impossible... And I've suggested we aim to move him and his cap to gain some space there (with no meaningful/possibly slightly negative return).

But failing that, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move on from Stecher and have Benn/Rafferty tandem that right side, 3rd pair and spare slot with Juolevi taking the left. Benn pays bigger, more physical teams, Rafferty the quicker run and gun teams.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, LeanBeef said:

Just realized with Olli playing last night...

Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi, Pettersson, Hughes

Canucks have one of their first round picks from each yr since 2013 on the roster. 

crazy difference if you look at how the 5 players before this turned out for Vancouver

Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder, Hodgson, White, Grabner (traded w the 2010 1st pick) 

Appreciate your post... First time in franchise history having so many 1st rounders workout... Just waiting for Podkolzin to have your statement be 100% verified ;)

Should be a reality by 2021.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

1 hour ago, LeanBeef said:

Just realized with Olli playing last night...

Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi, Pettersson, Hughes

Canucks have one of their first round picks from each yr since 2013 on the roster. 

crazy difference if you look at how the 5 players before this turned out for Vancouver

Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder, Hodgson, White, Grabner (traded w the 2010 1st pick) 

To be fair, 5 of 6 of those players played NHL games with the Canucks as well, so OJ playing his first game doesn't mean success quite yet. Yes the quality of the picks are much higher, although it's comparing a competitive roster with late 1sts versus a bottom team collecting top 10 picks (although we nailed the Boeser late pick as well).

Good news is that Podkolzin likely continues the trend.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

To be fair, 5 of 6 of those players played NHL games with the Canucks as well, so OJ playing his first game doesn't mean success quite yet. Yes the quality of the picks are much higher, although it's comparing a competitive roster with late 1sts versus a bottom team collecting top 10 picks (although we nailed the Boeser late pick as well).

Good news is that Podkolzin likely continues the trend.

From Russia with Love..   Podz,  Tryamkin,   And our next mystery pick...

star wars trailer GIF