The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Might be the girl.

A Pronger situation.

The general stench of weed apparently bother med miss pretty. So the beast took her back home.

But imagine Myers AND Tryamkin on the same team.

Quiet honestly with both of those guys on the roster the game against St.L would be a different game. Vcr has and is a more skilled and fast team but they'd be equal in size

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, Fred65 said:

Quiet honestly with both of those guys on the roster the game against St.L would be a different game. Vcr has and is a more skilled and fast team but they'd be equal in size

Although that size would not be as evenly distributed :P.  Tryamkin would make up a large proportion of that team size.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

He did outplay Benn, though.  Wouldn't mind him back if we can move Benn.  Lots of moving parts here, so it will be influenced by what happens with Stetcher and Tanev.  Whatever the case, it's great to hear this about Juolevi.  He definitely took a big step over the summer and seemed mobile enough to play an NHL game for the first time. 

Even if we move Benn, not sure we can afford Fanta (who will likely want near Benn money) unfortunately. Otherwise I agree, I'd totally have him back as 7th D.

But I'm guessing we're going to need ELC/cheap bridge contracts to fill out the bottom.

Hughes, Tanev

Elder, Stecher

Juolevi, Myers

Brisebois, Rafferty

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Fantenberg will cost pennies. Great value for the money. Re-sign him. He was very reliable in the playoffs. Not flashy but sure is smart. All you can ask for from a 6/7 D. And Juolevi is ready to be a bigger part of this team as long as he can finally stay healthy. Stecher is not worth what he'll want. Tons of heart and gives 100% every night, but just too small. Period. See 2020 playoffs. Let him walk.

Rathbone will need a year in Utica before he's ready despite what people on here are saying.

Huges-Tanev

Edler-Myers

Benn/Juolevi-Fantenberg

Rafferty

5 hours ago, CallAfterLife said:

It's exciting that Benning thinks that Juolevi will be ready for the NHL next season.

The Canucks desperately need another defenceman that can quickly transition the puck up the ice behind Hughes. 

Lots of that coming:  Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty.  If we could balance that with some size and meanness on the right side, we'll be good to go.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, BoKnows said:

I wasn't impressed with him these play offs.  As a 7th I wouldn't mind him back, especially if he rotates games with Benn.

Fanta impressed me most, $ for $ of all our D this playoff, Hughes aside obviously.

ON TOPIC: Can Olli Juolevi stand tall and clear the crease at all, a la Edler?

Edited by Western Red

3 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Fanta impressed me most, $ for $ of all our D this playoff, Hughes aside obviously.

ON TOPIC: Can Olli Juolevi stand tall and clear the crease at all, a la Edler?

&^@# I might be wrong about Fanta.  I think OJ will be sneaky good for us

• Cheers 1