The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

10 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Juolevi was absolutely not taken off the board, but okay. The treatment of Jake throughout his time here has been nothing short of ridiculous. Just look at the presser her and Petey had. I understand there needs to be an expectation for the players and staff in the organization but there’s better ways to go about it. I still don’t get why you would want Oj to be scrutinized. Just let the kid play, no need to put him under a microscope. 

For the very reason you are stating. My own opinion is to just let them play but they, the media, fans and management, aren't so let's spread the wealth around. "What is good for the goose is good for the gander" Or "All things being equal" Tit for tat all of those phrases have to do with being fair.

So OJ, picked higher of JV has that little bit more expectation, that expectation that JV now enjoys so much, he should have even more. Not sympathy.

The only sympathy for these millionaires should be that they were bad selections for those spots. Those spots make for high expectations because they have a 97% success rate of making the NHL and 85% rate of being impact players.

Put OJ and the whole bunch of them under the same microscope, all of them, but if not, then at least the kid with the higher expectations when drafted, all things being equal, at least his parent won't have to suffer with all the negativity around their home.

3 hours ago, Lazurus said:

For the very reason you are stating. My own opinion is to just let them play but they, the media, fans and management, aren't so let's spread the wealth around. "What is good for the goose is good for the gander" Or "All things being equal" Tit for tat all of those phrases have to do with being fair.

So OJ, picked higher of JV has that little bit more expectation, that expectation that JV now enjoys so much, he should have even more. Not sympathy.

The only sympathy for these millionaires should be that they were bad selections for those spots. Those spots make for high expectations because they have a 97% success rate of making the NHL and 85% rate of being impact players.

Put OJ and the whole bunch of them under the same microscope, all of them, but if not, then at least the kid with the higher expectations when drafted, all things being equal, at least his parent won't have to suffer with all the negativity around their home.

Must. Grasp. At. STRAWS.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lazurus said:

I think the second quote has to do with Holander, it can't be about OJ.

How many games can they afford to lose? OJ is just too slow and can't turn and no mean streak.

Holander is a distraction for the masses. Looking at him they are not thinking about OJ.

Holander looks really good out there, he should he is in game shape but lets wait a couple of weeks when the rest catch up, hopefully he carries on showing up most of the forwards.

So the media and team are "look at Holander" without a peep about OJ

I haven't watched OJ's games in the minor, except for highlights. 

His passing looks great but there were indeed some highlights where he seemed to get beat wide. It seems like you followed him closely?

Do you think his skating is a problem enough for him to prevent him from making the jump to the NHL this season (or at all)?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, khay said:

I haven't watched OJ's games in the minor, except for highlights. 

His passing looks great but there were indeed some highlights where he seemed to get beat wide. It seems like you followed him closely?

Do you think his skating is a problem enough for him to prevent him from making the jump to the NHL this season (or at all)?

He was recovering from surgery still at the start of last season. He had to take some time off during the season for nagging injuries related to the recovery. (over-compensating other muscle groups I believe) As he became more healthy, his pivoting and first strides improved. He finished off the season on 1st unit PK duties and was relied on to defend leads late in games.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lazurus said:

What..? Lol the numbers in this post are incorrect, the argument you presented for whatever argument you're going on about is weak and I honestly have no idea where this is going lol.

Lets not be salty that these guys make a good buck doing what they love and hope they all have a great season and rest of their career, okay? :frantic:

10 hours ago, Lazurus said:

I think the second quote has to do with Holander, it can't be about OJ.

How many games can they afford to lose? OJ is just too slow and can't turn and no mean streak.

Holander is a distraction for the masses. Looking at him they are not thinking about OJ.

Holander looks really good out there, he should he is in game shape but lets wait a couple of weeks when the rest catch up, hopefully he carries on showing up most of the forwards.

So the media and team are "look at Holander" without a peep about OJ

not sure if that's google scouting, or hfboards 'scouting' or what that is, but I'm not sure whether to scrunchy face that or laugh emoji it.

sorry, but that's an awful take.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:05 PM, Davathor said:

Hilarious to see how a single sentence set off you Joulevi fanboys so hard though, surprised you all managed to type a legible sentence through all those rage tears.

I'll check back in a year when he's still in the AHL.

Two weeks to go to the 25th....you better tell Green to get him that ticket to New York State as currently I think he has other plans for a now healthy OJ.     Perhaps Green is blinded by his "rage tears" however.   :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

What..? Lol the numbers in this post are incorrect, the argument you presented for whatever argument you're going on about is weak and I honestly have no idea where this is going lol.

Lets not be salty that these guys make a good buck doing what they love and hope they all have a great season and rest of their career, okay? :frantic:

I had to stop responding to him cause I couldn’t decipher what he’s saying lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

So, I have been gone for while, was basically crippled for the last year, wife left me, almost died, still here, a very expensive medicine has saved me from being crippled for the rest of my life, so am healthy, happy now that the wife is gone and more alive than ever.  

come here to see how OJ and co are doing and I see Fred and the same yahoo’s saying the same things they were two years ago...

hilarious.  

same old cdc.. don’t stop being crazy, cause I won’t either.  

phats.  

Welcome back Phats.  I'm very happy to know you got your health back.  Sorry to hear about the separation but sounds like it was for the best.  Welcome back to CDC crazy town!  

• Like 1

Not sure what the troll-boys are going on about with OJ. OJ is certainly far from being CDC's favourite son. Wanting to see him under the same microscope as Jake? He is already there, and has been there since he was drafted.

Jake is probably the only member of the team who has had as much unfair crap dumped on him as OJ has. This thread did not get to 731 pages via an endless string of glowing posts by homers like me.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

So, I have been gone for while, was basically crippled for the last year, wife left me, almost died, still here, a very expensive medicine has saved me from being crippled for the rest of my life, so am healthy, happy now that the wife is gone and more alive than ever.  

come here to see how OJ and co are doing and I see Fred and the same yahoo’s saying the same things they were two years ago...

hilarious.  

same old cdc.. don’t stop being crazy, cause I won’t either.  

phats.  

Welcome back and hopefully the worst is over for you :)

• Like 1