Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

Considering the setbacks this is a bigger deal than it would be normally. Not to mention stepping into an intense 'playoff' game.

At the very least he'll be able to build off this & be in the NHL mix next season.

• Hydration 3

Low-event/ low danger, mid-level ceiling for a start wouldn't be bad.  Rather a guy like that than a Derrick Pouliot.

Given time I feel like he could easily become another big-minute safe all-around guy, hopefully ultimately in the mold of a (poor man's) Josi/ Chabot or a Heiskanen/ Slavin type smooth operator, to replace Edler's role and complement Hughes (though having a left D-man with some edge would be great given how neither Rathbone or Hughes are the biggest guys nor are any of the 3 the most physical).

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

If he can make plays like that with and without the puck consistently he'll have a top 6 spot next year. We are in need of an upgrade on Fanta/Benn and maybe he can be that.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2

He had a really good shift in the second that really stood out to me. Smart dman, makes the right play. Looking forward to watching him next season.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1

All the haters on Twitter complementing his game :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

There was a play where he stood up a guy at the opposition blue line. I think that's part of where Green said he played a heavier game than expected. I was glad to see that too and once he gets the timing down, I think he would be knocking some guys on their bums.

• Hydration 4

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Can erase the "never played a game" moniker now. Hopefully the start of a NHL career now.

Still shows blank on hockey DB bruh

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Still shows blank on hockey DB bruh

Guess last night was all a mirage then.

Just now, theo5789 said:

Guess last night was all a mirage then.

Definitely 

I like Fanta's game as a 7th Dman but after seeing Olli last night I'd be willing to give him game 1 to see how he does, regardless of Fanta's status. He would have to get more than 6 minutes and I think he would after playing a solid game last night.

• Upvote 1