The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

that would make sense too, at times maybe he can get cycled with Hamonic.  It's good to pair these guys with a Veteran. 

I agree will be good to have Hamonic play with Hughes as he is a solid veteran and plays more like Tanev..Hamonic plays with an edge 6'2, 210 lbs will help protect Hughes and will be that reliable stay at home D man and  PK... 

I like Hamonic more then Tanev..So stoked we have Hamonic in Vancouver and a much better salary then Tanev...

Hamonic was second with ice time last year in Calgary think he avg over 21 mins a game....

Myers and Hamonic will rotate with Hughes and Juolevi...Great for Juolevi to have 2 very good D partners to play beside..

Edited by wildcam
1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I agree will be good to have Hamonic play with Hughes as he is a solid veteran and plays more like Tanev..Hamonic plays with an edge 6'2, 210 lbs will help protect Hughes and will be that reliable stay at home D man and  PK... 

I like Hamonic more then Tanev..So stoked we have Hamonic in Vancouver and a much better salary then Tanev...

Hamonic was second with ice time last year in Calgary think he avg over 21 mins a game....

Myers and Hamonic will rotate with Hughes and Juolevi...Great for Juolevi to have 2 very good D partners to play beside..

Technically we haven't signed Hamonic yet so we don't know what the cap hit will be... but it's pretty obvious both the term and cap hit will be significantly lower than what Tanev got. I agree with everything you're saying here. This is the best mix of D-men we've had in a decade and to have so many solid pairing options is gonna be huge for this team taking the next step. Just adding Hughes last year made an enormous difference, and now we'll have a player with that breakout ability on the ice for most of the game between him, Schmidt & Juolevi, whether it's via skating or excellent passing.

Juolevi looked great out there yesterday. Glad to see him take this step into being a regular. He's had a lot of dissenting voices against him, but powered through. Well done, Olli.

• Hydration 2
54 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Olli made some mistakes but he was OK. As expected his mobility was not great. If teams start exploiting his lack of mobility then Rathbone or Rafferty may get a shot. 

You know optometry is an essential service right... someone should be able to see you and get you set up with a good set of much needed spectacles :P

15 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

Was that even a rookie mistake? It looked like he was tripped...

Exactly.

Green even mentioned this in his post-game.  He acknowledged that it wasn't a mistake as much as it should've been a penalty on the play.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
On 1/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, Phat Fingers said:

So, I have been gone for while, was basically crippled for the last year, wife left me, almost died, still here, a very expensive medicine has saved me from being crippled for the rest of my life, so am healthy, happy now that the wife is gone and more alive than ever.  

come here to see how OJ and co are doing and I see Fred and the same yahoo’s saying the same things they were two years ago...

hilarious.  

same old cdc.. don’t stop being crazy, cause I won’t either.  

phats.  

Sorry about your bad year, but happy you are healthy now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

You know optometry is an essential service right... someone should be able to see you and get you set up with a good set of much needed spectacles :P

You could also adjust your homer glasses to see that mobility is not at the top of OJ’s skill set. :P Smart, skilled absolutely, but his movement is not at par with his other tools. It’s improved this year for sure and I’m sure it will improve more now that he is (fingers crossed) past his run of injuries. Anyway, I’ve never had any issues with pointing out flaws, where they exist, in a home team player...yet still go to bed every night wearing my Canuck pajamas. Got a Canucks COVID mask too. :canucks:

Another opportunity for growth and improvement for OJ tonight. :towel:

• Burr 1
1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

You could also adjust your homer glasses to see that mobility is not at the top of OJ’s skill set. :P Smart, skilled absolutely, but his movement is not at par with his other tools. It’s improved this year for sure and I’m sure it will improve more now that he is (fingers crossed) past his run of injuries. Anyway, I’ve never had any issues with pointing out flaws, where they exist, in a home team player...yet still go to bed every night wearing my Canuck pajamas. Got a Canucks COVID mask too. :canucks:

Another opportunity for growth and improvement for OJ tonight. :towel:

Actually pre-injuries, Olli was always considered a strong skater. Even stated on his elite prospect profile twice. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/196391/olli-juolevi.

Just because he doesn't skate like Quinn Hughes doesn't mean he's not a good skater. Does and will it still need improving, for sure, but his skating was in no way a hinderance in his first NHL game.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Actually pre-injuries, Olli was always considered a strong skater. Even stated on his elite prospect profile twice. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/196391/olli-juolevi.

Just because he doesn't skate like Quinn Hughes doesn't mean he's not a good skater. Does and will it still need improving, for sure, but his skating was in no way a hinderance in his first NHL game.

Yeah, I still remember his silky smooth skating and dynamic passing with the gold medal winning Finns at the WJC. I had no issues where he was picked in the draft based on what I saw from that tournament alone. No doubt the injuries have had some impact. But I suspect that with him training with guys like Petey, Bo, Quinn his skating will only improve from here. I mean, look at Brock this year....being 100% healthy and he has another gear. Olli’s injuries, which piled up upon each other over several years, may take extra time to fully bounce back from. 

Olli will never come close to Hughes as a skater but he is a big body that will give him abilities, particularly on the PK, that Quinn won’t have because of his size.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Bet you are a hit with the women......

Like you are are hit on the comedy circuit? :lol:

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1