The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I see what you mean.  Typically sheltering means avoiding matchups wherever possible, along with high ozone starts (avoiding dzone starts wherever possible) and having veteran partners (or linemates) to buffer the player's exposure.

Yeah - I know what "typical" sheltering is, and he certainly isn't that. He is just having his minutes controlled, which isn't unexpected.

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Juolevi is playing really good right now. I liked him paired with Myers tonight.

don't change a thing after a win. Hoping this is the start of a good winning streak going. God knows we need one! 

5 hours ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Was listening to Patterson and Drance's podcast, and they were already writing this guy off as an NHL defensemen at 22 years old and 9 NHL games. After closely watching him through 11 games, my observations:

• Overall solid play
  • Good vision, passing and decision making with the puck, tends to make the smart solid plays
  • Has a good wrist shot, but seems like kind of a weak slap shot
  • Isn't afraid to jump up into the offensive zone, seems confident in doing it
  • He's a good penalty killer
  • Continues to get better and more confident every game
  • Seems a bit slow, and skating could use improvement. makes the occassional rookie mistake

I thought his shot looked pretty sneaky so far, just one goal so far but I think he's going to catch a few goalies sleeping with it 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Was listening to Patterson and Drance's podcast, and they were already writing this guy off as an NHL defensemen at 22 years old and 9 NHL games. After closely watching him through 11 games, my observations:

• Overall solid play
  • Good vision, passing and decision making with the puck, tends to make the smart solid plays
  • Has a good wrist shot, but seems like kind of a weak slap shot
  • Isn't afraid to jump up into the offensive zone, seems confident in doing it
  • He's a good penalty killer
  • Continues to get better and more confident every game
  • Seems a bit slow, and skating could use improvement. makes the occassional rookie mistake

I do love how some of the prominent Twitter voices like Faber and the beat writers like Dayal and especially Shah all gave the OJ props. 

Hope Satiar Shah, IMac and Murph talk about him once in one of the intermissions maybe Monday. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1