The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The only games Ollie should miss for the rest of the season, should be strictly to conserve his health and mitigate the risk of injury.

Other than that, let him play.

They need him to be a regular d man next season, with minimal or zero sheltering.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
12 hours ago, kloubek said:

Sheltered not necessarily by competition level, but more just limited minutes. Not your "typical" sheltering.

I see what you mean.  Typically sheltering means avoiding matchups wherever possible, along with high ozone starts (avoiding dzone starts wherever possible) and having veteran partners (or linemates) to buffer the player's exposure.

• Hydration 1

What I see from him is that he has proven to be a dependable bottom pairing dman. The reason why he wont' see major minutes for this year is quite simple. When he is in the lineup as was last night, the canucks only have one right shot dman which is myers. We then have two left shot dman playing the right side. In other words, we have five left shot dman in the lineup. This is why myers played so much. Also this is why they so desperately wanted Chatfield to work despite him going -9 in the last 4 games. Our defence is simply more balanced with  chatfield in there in terms of the left vs right shots. Also it is baffling why we let stecher walk as he is a right shot dman. 

Edited by canucks fan 1981

Perhaps Jim isn't as worried about left shot/right shot defense as he figures to have a different coach next season anyhow.

Seems Travis is the guy that is most concerned about positioning.

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps Jim isn't as worried about left shot/right shot defense as he figures to have a different coach next season anyhow.

Seems Travis is the guy that is most concerned about positioning.

Id rather jim go before Travis, I'm hearing more rumors about Benning gone too. 

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I see what you mean.  Typically sheltering means avoiding matchups wherever possible, along with high ozone starts (avoiding dzone starts wherever possible) and having veteran partners (or linemates) to buffer the player's exposure.

Yeah - I know what "typical" sheltering is, and he certainly isn't that. He is just having his minutes controlled, which isn't unexpected.

I liked his game against the Flames, hes not as flashy as Chatfield, but looks like Juolevi is a safer player. Just a pretty basic game he showed the other night, was hardly caught off position. When Chatfield makes a mistake, its REALLY profound

• Like 1
1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Juolevi is playing really good right now. I liked him paired with Myers tonight.

don't change a thing after a win. Hoping this is the start of a good winning streak going. God knows we need one!