The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

On February 26, 2021 at 3:21 PM, BarnBurner said:

You are a troll. Every single one of your posts is beating down a player, or the team. 

That's not completely fair. While he obviously is a troll, and is not averse to fabricating nonsense to put down members of the organization, only about 80% of his posts are trolling posts.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

OJ better be in for Benn next game, wasn't a big fan of the kid but he earned that spot with much improved play in his last handful of games.

agreed.  It's not like we are playing the Bruins either, so Benn can sit, I think he should be sitting unless there is an injury.  Juolevi should be a regular at this point it's a no brainer.  Let the kid play , develop and let him improve enough for next year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

On ice save percentage at even strength is still best on the team at 95%.

He only has 5 goals against at even-strength in the 15 games he played averaging 13:12 a game. No PP goals against so he has been scored on when he's been on the PK.

Hits and blocks shots at an almost identical rate as Edler.

Simply put we are a better team when OJ's on the ice.

i thought hamonic looked alot better the other night, still dont get the decision to sit OJ out though, he's looked solid out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

agreed.  It's not like we are playing the Bruins either, so Benn can sit, I think he should be sitting unless there is an injury.  Juolevi should be a regular at this point it's a no brainer.  Let the kid play , develop and let him improve enough for next year. 

The worst part is he's not any worse defensively than Benn and is much better with the puck. Odd decision making by green.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 2/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, TNucks1 said:

i thought hamonic looked alot better the other night, still dont get the decision to sit OJ out though, he's looked solid out there.

Hamonic has been good the last few games.  Hopefully he keeps it up and can get us a 3rd at the deadline!  

I have to hope that OJ is just getting pulled for load management/practice time. Kid has shown well and deserves to be in.  I fully expect he is going to be a big part if this group going forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

The worst part is he's not any worse defensively than Benn and is much better with the puck. Odd decision making by green.

Green is riding the vets to save his job/look for a new job.

Green is under a lot of pressure and I don't blame him -- I'd do the same if my job is on the line.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

#FreeJuolevi

Yeah, just learned he is on the taxi squad ?   Probably, JB is allowing Green to field the best line up he can to properly evaluate him (?) but that said line up, would be a veteran laden line up with three pending FA's in the D core.   Hopefully, OJ will use this for motivation to be ALOT better next time he see's the ice and I (also) hope, that someone in the staff & management had communicated to him about his move to the taxi squad.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, just learned he is on the taxi squad ?   Probably, JB is allowing Green to field the best line up he can to properly evaluate him (?) but that said line up, would be a veteran laden line up with three pending FA's in the D core.   Hopefully, OJ will use this for motivation to be ALOT better next time he see's the ice and I (also) hope, that someone in the staff & management had communicated to him about his move to the taxi squad.

If he's slot better he'll be top 2 because he was one of the best dmen in the 2&3 games before getting scratched

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

I'm pretty sure he has 5 points in the last 6 games, is around +4, and by my eye has been playing his best games as a Canuck and making great quick reads to interrupt offensive chances and set our forwards up with the puck. I wanna see Olli back in the lineup as much as you but taking Schmidt out isn't the answer.

I agree, Schmidt has been pretty good the last 2 weeks. If I had my way, Edler would be the guy Id take out for Juolevi.

• RoughGame 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, smokes said:

I would take out Schmidt for Juolevi at this point.

Schmidt is long term with this club. I don't see him coming out. While Edler might stay on for another year or two he is an option if he needs the rest. Benn is not long term so he would be my first choice to sit. Hamonic is really coming on but he is another who likely leaves. I think the Canucks have to have a plan. Ideally they rotate Joulevi, Edler and Benn. Likely that a injury takes care of the problem.