The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On 2/22/2021 at 6:39 PM, -AJ- said:

I'm not sure I'd describe it as "ice cold". It's currently 20th in the NHL and, outside of the first four games, where we had no special teams ability whatsoever for some reason, it's running at about 21.8%, which would put it at the middle of the pack. I'm not saying it's a strong powerplay, but ice cold is a bit too extreme a description IMO.

Yeah, the #1 PP is doing fine (although this group of talent should be doing better).  The real worry is the #2 PP, which is downright dreadful.

38 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Well try doing it sober then

You're kidding, right? I am actually sober. I wish the guy the best, but this guy continually has these "realistic" viewpoints that are beating down on, pretty much anything. So yeah, I wish you the best as well, but at least keep it in context before you knock me down. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, the #1 PP is doing fine (although this group of talent should be doing better).  The real worry is the #2 PP, which is downright dreadful.

For the 15 seconds they have after PP1 passes it around the outside and misses the net a couple of times?

• Upvote 1
On 2/22/2021 at 6:40 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah that’s the thing about Dmen. It’s not a matter of whether or not they look bad but how often. 

It’s like goalies and getting scored on. It’s gonna happen. 

Forwards have it easier. 

Centers still at the very least have to win faceoffs and support down low in the d zone to help the d men out and can't just be purely offensively minded all the time.

Winger is the easiest possible position for a rookie player to break into the league. Minimal pressure and defensive responsibility.

Much easier transition than a d man, goalie or even center to adjust to.

This is why we see the early success of Boeser and Hoglander.

Next up is Podkolzin who is an NHL ready winger right now if it wasn't for his injury and contract in Russia.

Playing wing will help speed up his NHL transition immensely next season.

Edited by Chip Kelly
11 hours ago, Stoyoma said:

For the 15 seconds they have after PP1 passes it around the outside and misses the net a couple of times?

This is true. You can't call the 2nd unit PP dreadful, given the limited ice time. They should start the power play with the 2nd unit to screw with the other team. Haha!

12 hours ago, Stoyoma said:

It didn't start out that way.  The 2nd pp minutes were reduced over a number of games because they couldn't get anything going.

14 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

You're kidding, right? I am actually sober. I wish the guy the best, but this guy continually has these "realistic" viewpoints that are beating down on, pretty much anything. So yeah, I wish you the best as well, but at least keep it in context before you knock me down. 

try group therapy, maybe that will help

• Haha 1
On February 26, 2021 at 3:21 PM, BarnBurner said:

You are a troll. Every single one of your posts is beating down a player, or the team. 

That's not completely fair. While he obviously is a troll, and is not averse to fabricating nonsense to put down members of the organization, only about 80% of his posts are trolling posts.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

OJ better be in for Benn next game, wasn't a big fan of the kid but he earned that spot with much improved play in his last handful of games.

On a pair with Chatfield for practice today, seems unlikely.

9 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

OJ better be in for Benn next game, wasn't a big fan of the kid but he earned that spot with much improved play in his last handful of games.

agreed.  It's not like we are playing the Bruins either, so Benn can sit, I think he should be sitting unless there is an injury.  Juolevi should be a regular at this point it's a no brainer.  Let the kid play , develop and let him improve enough for next year. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

On ice save percentage at even strength is still best on the team at 95%.

He only has 5 goals against at even-strength in the 15 games he played averaging 13:12 a game. No PP goals against so he has been scored on when he's been on the PK.

Hits and blocks shots at an almost identical rate as Edler.

Simply put we are a better team when OJ's on the ice.

i thought hamonic looked alot better the other night, still dont get the decision to sit OJ out though, he's looked solid out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

agreed.  It's not like we are playing the Bruins either, so Benn can sit, I think he should be sitting unless there is an injury.  Juolevi should be a regular at this point it's a no brainer.  Let the kid play , develop and let him improve enough for next year. 

The worst part is he's not any worse defensively than Benn and is much better with the puck. Odd decision making by green.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • RoughGame 1
On 2/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, TNucks1 said:

i thought hamonic looked alot better the other night, still dont get the decision to sit OJ out though, he's looked solid out there.

Hamonic has been good the last few games.  Hopefully he keeps it up and can get us a 3rd at the deadline!  

I have to hope that OJ is just getting pulled for load management/practice time. Kid has shown well and deserves to be in.  I fully expect he is going to be a big part if this group going forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
21 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

The worst part is he's not any worse defensively than Benn and is much better with the puck. Odd decision making by green.

Green is riding the vets to save his job/look for a new job.

Green is under a lot of pressure and I don't blame him -- I'd do the same if my job is on the line.

• Thanks 1