The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, smokes said:

I would take out Schmidt for Juolevi at this point.

Schmidt has been playing well. You're living a few weeks behind, when, admittedly, he was looking seriously suspect.

Plus, who else do we have back there to distribute the puck besides the already overused Huggy?

Nope nope nope. You're fired as coach.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I thought he was building some good chemistry with Myers, seemed like an ideal pairing going forward and for the next few seasons. 

I think OJ is sneaky strong.  If he bulked up a bit more he could really be a physical D man for us. Like a Jiri Bulba, I just checked Bubla played at 200 lbs. I think OJ could add 10-15 pounds. OJ is listed at 6'2"  182 lbs I think he looks a bit heavier than that. But  200-210 would be good for him.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think OJ is sneaky strong.  If he bulked up a bit more he could really be a physical D man for us. Like a Jiri Bulba, I just checked Bubla played at 200 lbs. I think OJ could add 10-15 pounds. OJ is listed at 6'2"  182 lbs I think he looks a bit heavier than that. But  200-210 would be good for him.

I agree he seems pretty strong, that being said , sometimes I feel like he puts himself in bad spots when he takes a hit. Somewhat similar to Tanev. 

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Gotta play the safer vets I guess. Despite Juolevi being infinitely better than Benn all season.

I don’t even get that though... OJ closed gaps real well and moved the puck out of the zone quick and crisp. Tough to complain since we’re winning but..... I will anyways :shock:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

I agree he seems pretty strong, that being said , sometimes I feel like he puts himself in bad spots when he takes a hit. Somewhat similar to Tanev. 

Well that hit on Tkchuk was worth the wait. The similarities I see with Tanev is his calm demeanor.  Doesn't look like he panics.

• Cheers 3

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I have heard his weight was as high as 190. Funny how you see him as looking bigger and yet I see him as smaller. To me he doesn’t look 6’2”. All that aside he has played a decent physical game. I understand that JB likely wants to move Benn for a pick so he plays him. He has had a decent season and I can see him being an asset for a Cup contender. I can see a switching back and forth until the trade deadline. Joulevi is the future so he has to finish the season on the ice.

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think OJ is bigger than that now, I thought someone posted his camp weight somewhere in the 190s. He certainly doesn't seem small on the ice. 

On 3/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

He's 6'3 198lbs

Best to worst

Schmidt

Myers ( i have to admit, he's playing well overall, and Im a Myers hater)

Benn (most nights he's not noticeable which is a good thing)

Hughes - the points are nice but geezus his decision making has been so so. Teams are just playing him hard and keying on him. He'll get better

Harmonic - his first game or 2 before he got injured he was terrible, looks pretty solid since hes gotten back

Edler - probably the worst of the bunch. Slow as molasses, can still make the first pass but holy crap is he slow. You already know if a guy has a head of steam, Edler is going to get beaten

I'd take Edler out of the lineup, I know it wont happen but if you were to gauge whos been the worst one and who should be taken out, it should be Edler and put Juolevi in his place. Im just going by performance defensively since they are DEFENCEMEN after all, key word Defence