The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

#FreeJuolevi

Yeah, just learned he is on the taxi squad ?   Probably, JB is allowing Green to field the best line up he can to properly evaluate him (?) but that said line up, would be a veteran laden line up with three pending FA's in the D core.   Hopefully, OJ will use this for motivation to be ALOT better next time he see's the ice and I (also) hope, that someone in the staff & management had communicated to him about his move to the taxi squad.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, just learned he is on the taxi squad ?   Probably, JB is allowing Green to field the best line up he can to properly evaluate him (?) but that said line up, would be a veteran laden line up with three pending FA's in the D core.   Hopefully, OJ will use this for motivation to be ALOT better next time he see's the ice and I (also) hope, that someone in the staff & management had communicated to him about his move to the taxi squad.

If he's slot better he'll be top 2 because he was one of the best dmen in the 2&3 games before getting scratched

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

I'm pretty sure he has 5 points in the last 6 games, is around +4, and by my eye has been playing his best games as a Canuck and making great quick reads to interrupt offensive chances and set our forwards up with the puck. I wanna see Olli back in the lineup as much as you but taking Schmidt out isn't the answer.

I agree, Schmidt has been pretty good the last 2 weeks. If I had my way, Edler would be the guy Id take out for Juolevi.

• RoughGame 1
On 3/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, smokes said:

I would take out Schmidt for Juolevi at this point.

Schmidt is long term with this club. I don't see him coming out. While Edler might stay on for another year or two he is an option if he needs the rest. Benn is not long term so he would be my first choice to sit. Hamonic is really coming on but he is another who likely leaves. I think the Canucks have to have a plan. Ideally they rotate Joulevi, Edler and Benn. Likely that a injury takes care of the problem. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, smokes said:

I would take out Schmidt for Juolevi at this point.

Schmidt has been playing well. You're living a few weeks behind, when, admittedly, he was looking seriously suspect.

Plus, who else do we have back there to distribute the puck besides the already overused Huggy?

Nope nope nope. You're fired as coach.

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Benn was bruuutal last night imo

Definitely need someone out there who can handle the puck better and make smarter, faster decisions then Benn when facing that aggressive Montreal forecheck.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Joulevi in for Benn I hope.

I thought he was building some good chemistry with Myers, seemed like an ideal pairing going forward and for the next few seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I thought he was building some good chemistry with Myers, seemed like an ideal pairing going forward and for the next few seasons. 

I think OJ is sneaky strong.  If he bulked up a bit more he could really be a physical D man for us. Like a Jiri Bulba, I just checked Bubla played at 200 lbs. I think OJ could add 10-15 pounds. OJ is listed at 6'2"  182 lbs I think he looks a bit heavier than that. But  200-210 would be good for him.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think OJ is sneaky strong.  If he bulked up a bit more he could really be a physical D man for us. Like a Jiri Bulba, I just checked Bubla played at 200 lbs. I think OJ could add 10-15 pounds. OJ is listed at 6'2"  182 lbs I think he looks a bit heavier than that. But  200-210 would be good for him.

I agree he seems pretty strong, that being said , sometimes I feel like he puts himself in bad spots when he takes a hit. Somewhat similar to Tanev. 

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I'm still trying to figure out why he has been in the press box the last few games....

Gotta play the safer vets I guess. Despite Juolevi being infinitely better than Benn all season.

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Gotta play the safer vets I guess. Despite Juolevi being infinitely better than Benn all season.

I don’t even get that though... OJ closed gaps real well and moved the puck out of the zone quick and crisp. Tough to complain since we’re winning but..... I will anyways :shock:

• Haha 1