The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

4DB54A01-B013-48B4-8BB8-01738B44A798.jpeg

I'm sorry, but Baumer/Green have to go. Benning too if he thinks they're the most competent coaches out there, which is TOTALLY false. There's always new blood out there, particularly ones who require a new place to shine, and have a pedigree and/or achievements to coach.

• Hydration 1
17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm sorry, but Baumer/Green have to go. Benning too if he thinks they're the most competent coaches out there, which is TOTALLY false. There's always new blood out there, particularly ones who require a new place to shine, and have a pedigree and/or achievements to coach.

F7E4372A-F1F2-48DB-8BDA-485345CB55AB.jpeg

• Haha 2
On 3/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

I try and ignore Green but some of these line up choices are dumb. We need to develop OJ who has IMHO looked better than Benn, and OJ sits?

Michaelis not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? Roussel not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? His Jake Virtanen treatment is sometimes ddeserved for Jake but it should be shared with Roussel and Michaelis. Benn is okay but OJ is looking like a modern day Jiri Bubla.

Hopefully Green is done after this season. You're mentioning dumb choices in the lineup, agreed. But also, everything is so inconsistent. In my business, everything is so systematic. You know exactly what you're doing and have a rock-solid plan of attack. No excuses.

• Hydration 1
54 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Hopefully Green is done after this season. You're mentioning dumb choices in the lineup, agreed. But also, everything is so inconsistent. In my business, everything is so systematic. You know exactly what you're doing and have a rock-solid plan of attack. No excuses.

Nothing about Green's system is revolutionary. Yet why are we seeing some epic proportion structural breakdowns? I don't get it at all. The dump and chase system is only good if you're fast enough to retrieve it, which is, in most cases, never. You have Hughes that can carry the puck, so there needs to be a better neutral zone/offensive zone support system. The defense pinching is so brutal - I really wonder if Baumer is the ONLY reason why Green's system looks so terrible. Replace Baumer and I'd like to give Green another chance.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Nothing about Green's system is revolutionary. Yet why are we seeing some epic proportion structural breakdowns? I don't get it at all. The dump and chase system is only good if you're fast enough to retrieve it, which is, in most cases, never. You have Hughes that can carry the puck, so there needs to be a better neutral zone/offensive zone support system. The defense pinching is so brutal - I really wonder if Baumer is the ONLY reason why Green's system looks so terrible. Replace Baumer and I'd like to give Green another chance.

The only problem with giving Green another chance is, he's supposed to be in charge. If he isn't dealing with it now, why would it change otherwise with new personnel?

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Baumer is where we need to start and do it now so we have a chance to see if this is true. If Green does nothing and the season goes further downhill I don’t think he gets renewed and we’ll never know.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if sitting Juolevi has anything to do with expansion draft/making Benn eligible or not?

Joulevi is eligible. Maybe Green thought the vet presence would help stabilize the d-side. Since I don't think playoffs are in the cards I would rotate OJ-Benn-Edler. I do think Benn will go to a contender by April 12 and that OJ finishes the season playing. Teams interested in Benn will want to see some games. 

• Hydration 1
11 hours ago, gurn said:

I remember when Olllie used to play for this team.

Has anyone heard an official explenation of why they put him on the taxi squad?

My response to Jimmy yesterday in the GDT.

21 hours ago, aGENT said:

Juolevi certainly has the higher ceiling and, even right now, is probably the better puck mover. But he's also young, inexperienced and less consistent.

Benn for his own part, is playing pretty well at the moment and, as you hinted at, brings a certain amount of veteran stability and consistency. And stability/consistency is the one thing this team was missing in January and has desperately needed, in any measure, to get back on track here. 

While I too would love to see Juolevi playing and continuing to develop (I've been pumping his tires for years), I completely get why we're presently seeing Benn instead, in the context of this weird season and our poor/unstable start.

• Hydration 2