The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Green is totally fine playing a rookie in Hoglander in the top 6 but won’t play a 22 year old Rookie in the bottom pairing D. 

Benn really isn’t playing that well. He doesn’t have the skill or defensive IQ that Juolevi has. He’s a veteran who’s not going to make a lot of mistakes but won’t give you much either. 

There is no reason not to play Juolevi right now. His development is getting screwed over. He’s already missed two years because of injury. Now he is going to miss a 3rd year because Green is trying to save his job. 

The dumbest part about all of this is Juolevi is the one that can save Green’s job, not Benn.  Man I just wish we had a real NHL coach for a change. These AHL coaches are driving me crazy. 

Actually I thought Benn had some very solid games on the road trip. That said I have hoped that by April 12th TDL the Canucks would be out of playoff contention and that JB could move out vets who are not in the long term plans. Benn would be one of those and OJ would finish the season as 3LD. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Boudrias said:

Joulevi is eligible. Maybe Green thought the vet presence would help stabilize the d-side. Since I don't think playoffs are in the cards I would rotate OJ-Benn-Edler. I do think Benn will go to a contender by April 12 and that OJ finishes the season playing. Teams interested in Benn will want to see some games. 

The fact we even had CHatfield play over OJ a couple of games ago in Ottawa is mindblowing.

I'm really hoping we don't know the rules and that this is somehow making him Entry Draft ineligible?

Looking at number of pro seasons played and his age, that is incorrect but still, there is no explanation for this

• Hydration 1
3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

The fact we even had CHatfield play over OJ a couple of games ago in Ottawa is mindblowing.

I'm really hoping we don't know the rules and that this is somehow making him Entry Draft ineligible?

Looking at number of pro seasons played and his age, that is incorrect but still, there is no explanation for this

Well, Chatfield does play the right side while Juolevi plays the left. Plus of course Juolevi can't pivot which is a must for a D'man. If this is a meritocracy I might put Saunter ahead of OJ

Who knows perhaps they are riding Benn and Hamonic hard now to cash in on trade deadline assets. 

I predict OJ won't be out for much longer, seeing how this team has struggled in the past few games to make good outlet passes, Juolevi may soon find himself back in uniform. Of all the dman, he may be the best outlet passer we have....and yes perhaps even better than Hughes.

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Who knows perhaps they are riding Benn and Hamonic hard now to cash in on trade deadline assets. 

I predict OJ won't be out for much longer, seeing how this team has struggled in the past few games to make good outlet passes, Juolevi may soon find himself back in uniform. Of all the dman, he may be the best outlet passer we have....and yes perhaps even better than Hughes.

Yeah true but, it's foolish coach that makes big chnages to a winning formula, 4 wins and a shootout loss in the last 5. I agree that like u i believe JB will be a sellor at the deadline, but the two payers he's added are both forwards

20 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

image.jpeg.0521f9fb839fa4f3973670e3e2529dbf.jpeg

Seems you fell for the legendary Ronaldoescobar, and his deliberate over the top posting style

@Ronaldoescobar 

do youy keep count of how many people fall for it?

I've seen quite a few over the last couple of months.

• Hydration 1
25 minutes ago, gurn said:

Seems you fell for the legendary Ronaldoescobar, and his deliberate over the top posting style

@Ronaldoescobar 

do youy keep count of how many people fall for it?

I've seen quite a few over the last couple of months.

Not a fan of that kind of BS. Just a waste of my time to browse through crap like this being posted on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Well, Chatfield does play the right side while Juolevi plays the left. Plus of course Juolevi can't pivot which is a must for a D'man. If this is a meritocracy I might put Saunter ahead of OJ

If this is a meritocracy, OJ is miles ahead of both.

I do however applaud the effort to somehow lump in the pivot and Sautner in a post about Chatfield playing forward for 2 mins.

pivot moving GIF

• Haha 2
On 3/21/2021 at 12:08 AM, 4petesake said:

At the risk of firing up the whole coaching/gm controversy this is what happens when your coach doesn’t have a contract beyond this year, (not suggesting Green should.) Green is going to play whoever he thinks gives him the best chance to win now. No thought of what’s best for Olli’s or the team’s future. This will be the third year where Juolevi’s development has been hurt and this time it’s the team’s fault. Apparently it has nothing to do with the E.D. as he is eligible for selection already so at the minimum he should be playing a few games here and there. 

This is not how you develop a player.

We're out of the playoffs now and Benn is gone next year, play OJ. Plus I think OJ will be fine on the 3rd pairing. 

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We're out of the playoffs now and Benn is gone next year, play OJ. Plus I think OJ will be fine on the 3rd pairing. 

Contrary to what people say, we are still very much in the mix.

• Hydration 2
9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

is OJ Draft expansion eligible? or does he have to play X-amount of games, cause i dont get why were sitting him.

Don’t quote me on this but I think mll has said that OJ is eligible for selection regardless of games played and seems definitive about it so I take it as correct.

However there is so much back and forth on it that it’s somewhat confusing.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

is OJ Draft expansion eligible? or does he have to play X-amount of games, cause i dont get why were sitting him.

They can't afford to bring him back, untill they move  some players.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, gurn said:

They can't afford to bring him back, untill they move  some players.

ah okay, always forget how the taxi squad thing works.

I wonder what OJ is doing with his time off. 

Hasn’t played since Feb 23rd. 

Hope he’s been able to work on his skating.