Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

On 3/31/2021 at 8:29 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder what OJ is doing with his time off. 
 

Hasn’t played since Feb 23rd. 
 

Hope he’s been able to work on his skating. 

image.jpeg.609e2ee7ffad37d4e4bdfa0d566c9423.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, gurn said:

They can't afford to bring him back, untill they move  some players

Then for the love of pete, lets ship out Benn and do wahtever it takes to do so. Guy aint coming back and could be a decent depth D for the 4 CDN teams that seem to be locked into a playoff spot as of now. I think this coovid protocol stuff will put a pause on any dealings with the Canucks, at least until we are cleared to play again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 11:12 PM, TNucks1 said:

ah okay, always forget how the taxi squad thing works.

Something to do with having to have more money now to bring himup than to have just let him stay.

Bomuses or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:07 PM, Dazzle said:

Contrary to what people say, we are still very much in the mix.

I can appreciate the positive attitude but it's time to come back to earth.

Time to start looking at the draft and the lottery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to claim that 3rd/ 2nd pair LD spot Olli.  No more excuses for why it doesn't work out for him with Benn gone, and hopefully he doesn't have to get sold for pennies on the dollar like the team has done if he doesn't pan out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if this doesn't fit the pro Juolevi narrative so be it, this is a player who for the entire season despite being available to play has been kept out of the starting roster. Occasionally they throw him a bone but the next game he's sat again. Some have low opinions of the coaching staff but I tend to think they study players closely before they make their decissions and of course Greens job is on the line so if he thought Juolevi could help you can bet he'd have him suiting up. I defer to those in a better position than me. You always hope but so far he's failed the Green test

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Well if this doesn't fit the pro Juolevi narrative so be it, this is a player who for the entire season despite being available to play has been kept out of the starting roster. Occasionally they throw him a bone but the next game he's sat again. Some have low opinions of the coaching staff but I tend to think they study players closely before they make their decissions and of course Greens job is on the line so if he thought Juolevi could help you can bet he'd have him suiting up. I defer to those in a better position than me. You always hope but so far he's failed the Green test

Nope. They couldn't recall him because his bonuses would have pushed them over the cap.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nope. They couldn't recall him because his bonuses would have pushed them over the cap.

They had the cap space to recall him ever since Pettersson went on LTIR on 19 March.  Him going on LTIR created a bonus pool of 2.85M which was sufficient to cover the bonus portion of Juolevi’s recall cap hit.  It also increased the salary pool by 925K which was sufficient to cover Juolevi’s salary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mll said:

They had the cap space to recall him ever since Pettersson went on LTIR on 19 March.  Him going on LTIR created a bonus pool of 2.85M which was sufficient to cover the bonus portion of Juolevi’s recall cap hit.  It also increased the salary pool by 925K which was sufficient to cover Juolevi’s salary.

Not after we claimed Vesey, Boyd etc IIRC. And yes we only put Pettersson on LTIR as of March 19... How much opportunity for him to play after that before the Covid outbreak?

Edited by aGENT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Not after we claimed Vesey, Boyd etc IIRC. And yes we only put Pettersson on LTIR as of March 19... How much opportunity for him to play after that before the Covid outbreak?

Vesey was added before Pettersson went on LTIR.  Beagle’s last game was March 10.  He went on LTIR sometime later that month.  

 

Vesey is a 900K cap hit and they had the cap space to add him without using Pettersson’s LTIR.  They could have added Juolevi before claiming Vesey - they had the cap space once a player went on IR to create the roster spot.

 

Demoting Juolevi created a bonus pool of 816K.  Calling him back up has him using up those 816K plus the rest in the salary pool which was over 1.4M before adding Vesey and putting Pettersson on LTIR.

 

Edited by mll
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mll said:

Vesey was added before Pettersson went on LTIR.  Beagle’s last game was March 10.  He went on LTIR sometime later that month.  

 

Vesey is a 900K cap hit and they had the cap space to add him without using Pettersson’s LTIR.  They could have added Juolevi before claiming Vesey - they had the cap space once a player went on IR to create the roster spot.

 

Demoting Juolevi created a bonus pool of 816K.  Calling him back up has him using up those 816K plus the rest in the salary pool which was over 1.4M before adding Vesey and Putting Pettersson on LTIR.

 

Sadly you can only take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. There are some out there that just won't believe the science :(  think qanon  ..... :lol:  Just think  if he was every thing fans want us to believe there's be some other roster player playing in Winterpeg, Utica or some other location that fast your head would spin. Can't get him onto the roster :rolleyes:

Edited by Fred65
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end it's all up to OJ. I think the games he's played he's been ok but he needs to take another step to be above the comparisons with Benn etc. If he plays 5-10 more games this season than I think it's a success and then he needs to step it up before next season. His mobility is definitely still in question but on the other hand it's gotten better and this shortened season + an entire offseason might do wonders. Next season he needs to be a regular without excuses. I think he will be.

Edited by J-P
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...