The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe

Juolevi, what was the question again, what ever the question is, maybe is the answer. At least he isn't involved with some questionable sexual misadventure ... I hope, but there again maybe he is LOL

so, what is so damn funny about "sexual misadventure".?

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Didn't he play in all Sens games in our last series with them?

Can't remember if he missed one of those or just Tranna....

Either way, could be fatigued after playing those games. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Have to figure there's currently one slot for a rookie LD, and they want to have a look at Rathbone.  Hopefully some load management coming up for Edler in the next while, so we get a trial run of what Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone would look like as our left side.  It's a question that needs answering, and my guess is that it's going to look pretty good.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Have to figure there's currently one slot for a rookie LD, and they want to have a look at Rathbone.  Hopefully some load management coming up for Edler in the next while, so we get a trial run of what Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone would look like as our left side.  It's a question that needs answering, and my guess is that it's going to look pretty good.

Might as well get a look at Bowey and/or Rafferty while they're at it at some point before the season's over now that we're not necessarily completely focused on points/standings/post-season. 

• Cheers 2

Hope he's just not playing because he's recovering from an injury and not fallen out of favour with the coaches because from what I could see, Juolevi was better well-rounded than Rathbone and was pretty decent on the PK too. We need him ready for 15-18 minutes a night next season, especially if we part ways with our UFAs and Juolevi's got to make the jump at some point, can't keep scratching him forever.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hope he's just not playing because he's recovering from an injury and not fallen out of favour with the coaches because from what I could see, Juolevi was better well-rounded than Rathbone and was pretty decent on the PK too. We need him ready for 15-18 minutes a night next season, especially if we part ways with our UFAs and Juolevi's got to make the jump at some point, can't keep scratching him forever.

I would like to see him back in as well.

• Like 1

Both are ready for the NHL. Juolevi's calm, steady, passing and can take and dish out hits, Jacks got a little hughes game in him, speed skating shot passing . Both will be in Vans lineup next year depending on how jacks summer goes. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dannydog said:

Both are ready for the NHL. Juolevi's calm, steady, passing and can take and dish out hits, Jacks got a little hughes game in him, speed skating shot passing . Both will be in Vans lineup next year depending on how jacks summer goes. 

We’ll never know if OJ are ready in the NHL with the coach not using him in mean nothing games.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

We’ll never know if OJ are ready in the NHL with the coach not using him in mean nothing games.  

From the games hes played so far ,hes ready. by far better then benn was and will be Eddys replacement which he should have no problems with  once hes a regular.

6 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

From the games hes played so far ,hes ready. by far better then benn was and will be Eddys replacement which he should have no problems with  once hes a regular.

Again, if a guy doesn’t have the confidence of this head coach to play in a mean nothing game, you really think he’ll be used in a role like top 4 minutes?  He’s not going to be getting better with his butt in the stands watching or playing minimal minutes.  OJ is a LONG way from top four minutes imho especially since he’s been given spot duty.  Give Green a freaking extension so he’ll play the rookies or get another coach who’s not looking over his shoulder to protect his job.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Edler hasn"t  played like a  T4 D man this year. How many goals has he got? He's a minus player that takes way to many needless penalties. Hes to slow and his gap control is non existant, and hes supposed to move players from in front of our goalie, not screen them himself. Time and to many on ice minutes have worn this man down. Its his hockey IQ and experience i believe is whats keeping the man in this game right now .We have 2 young D-men that are ready to take that step on our back end. Just need a stay at home, insulator type d-man for the beginning of next year until these 2 get into the grind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Edler hasn"t  played like a  T4 D man this year. How many goals has he got? He's a minus player that takes way to many needless penalties. Hes to slow and his gap control is non existant, and hes supposed to move players from in front of our goalie, not screen them himself. Time and to many on ice minutes have worn this man down. Its his hockey IQ and experience i believe is whats keeping the man in this game right now .We have 2 young D-men that are ready to take that step on our back end. Just need a stay at home, insulator type d-man for the beginning of next year until these 2 get into the grind.

I’m wondering if Edler playing ahead of OJ is Green showing respect to an aging vet, who will retire at season’s end? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dannydog said:

Tryamkin. :ph34r:

Edited by joe-max

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’m wondering if Edler playing ahead of OJ is Green showing respect to an aging vet, who will retire at season’s end? 

Hopefully this is it. Juolevi is definitely ready for bottom pairing minutes at a minimum.  The question is whether Rathbone can handle middle pairing duty.  So far I think he can.  Something like this would be fine with me:  Hughes 22 min, Rathbone 20 min, Juolevi 18 min.  Lots of respect to Edler:  he's been a good old wagon, but he done broke down.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

100% agreement on Edler's decline on the Canucks.  So difficult watching the Canucks try and play out the rest of the season.  With all their issues and injuries they are putting up a good fight.  Let's get the season over, get healthy, regroup, get rid of the deadwood (players and coaches), hope for the best in the draft, let our kids playout the season and look forward to next season.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I can see that alf. Eddy deserves  the respect he gets also. I bet theres that 1 goal needed to reach 100 that we would all like to see him acheive this year  that plays into his toi also.

• Like 1