The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Sound like a joke to me.

Again how was a guy who gets that winded cleared by the medical staff.

Clearly there’s a conditioning or medical issue.

I think there’s a spoiled, and entitlement issue.  It’s very strange seeing a guy roll around like that.  

Like I posted earlier, I’m no longer on the OJ train.  We have Bone.  Bye bye OJ.  

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

How do you know it’s not?

Either he didn’t train at all during the summer or he’s feeling after effects from Covid same as Sutter.

From reports it sounds like he had it worse than anyone. Not that much of a stretch to connect those two things.

This isn’t a conditioning issue.  This is a character (toughness) issue.  Seriously, this is the NHL, and guys don’t roll around like that after a bag skate.  It’s just friggin’ weird.  

• RoughGame 1

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

To me, if OJ earns his spot, absolutely he stays. If it's a tie, send Rathbone down (like you said, asset management) If OJ looks like crap though and Rathbone clearly beats OJ out of a job? I send OJ to Abby.

And thats totally fair, we should let camp play out and see how it goes.  If OJ doesnt earn it in camp, he doesnt get claimed. If he makes an argument for a spot, he will get claimed. 
From there we can make the zero risk move, either Rathbone or OJ goes down and neither get claimed.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

This isn’t a conditioning issue.  This is a character (toughness) issue.  Seriously, this is the NHL, and guys don’t roll around like that after a bag skate.  It’s just friggin’ weird.  

Lmao have you ever taken off your furry costume and actually played competitive sports? You have clearly never done a bag skate in your life and if you did and you werent barely breathing or hardly standing you werent bag skating. The guys who mailed it in on the bag skate are still standing because they gave up on the bag skate at the far blue line.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Umm you do if you’re about to pass out.

I don’t think he was doing that on purpose…

How about Garland puking on the ice? Is that unprofessional? Is that a toughness issue?

Fans are too hard on these guys. Being an NHLer doesn’t matter after you contract a serious respiratory disease. It just goes to show it can effect anyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Lmao have you ever taken off your furry costume and actually played competitive sports? You have clearly never done a bag skate in your life and if you did and you werent barely breathing or hardly standing you werent bag skating. The guys who mailed it in on the bag skate are still standing because they gave up on the bag skate at the far blue line.

And why were OJ’s teammates telling him to get his ass up?  His teammates were friggin’ disgusted and embarrassed.  OJ is done in this league.  He’s not mentally tough enough. He will soon be forgotten.  

And, by the way, I was captain of my mixed intramural  grade nine dodge ball team, and we won third place.  And there were five teams!  

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How do you know it’s not?

Either he didn’t train at all during the summer or he’s feeling after effects from Covid same as Sutter.

From reports it sounds like he had it worse than anyone. Not that much of a stretch to connect those two things.

If he’s suffering from after effects from covid thn why is he at camp??? He had all this time before training camp to test where he was at. He obviously felt he was physically ready.

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He could have some serious lung issues from contracting COVID and you want to attack his character for being bag skated to the point where he couldnt stand or barely breathe??? 
I think if anything his rolling around and not getting up should be taken with a grain of salt, he had COVID the worst of anyone on the team. Had he not had that reasoning then ya sure blast the guy. But we have zero inside information as to how is body is handling post COVID. So stop with the ignorance.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How about Garland puking on the ice? Is that unprofessional? Is that a toughness issue?

Fans are too hard on these guys. Being an NHLer doesn’t matter after you contract a serious respiratory disease. It just goes to show it can effect anyone.

Lots of guys puke.  That’s to be expected.  If OJ was in trouble (passing out) the medical staff would be all over that.  Bye bye to this guy.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Actually, if OJ is the way he is due to Covid. I'm sure there is a medical- conditioning exemption where he can play in the minors till rehabbed. 

Definitely. And thanks to Chris Faber’s Twitter account, no one would question it if OJ got sent down on a conditioning loan.

It’s also well established already that Juolevi had a rough time with Covid, so there’s likely enough proof already in his medical chart to meet the league requirements.

That said, it’s not like OJ has looked consistently terrible. He had one really bad 40’s skate, but otherwise has been mostly okay through camp. Could be he bounces back from this, shows well in preseason, and gets himself back on the coaches’ good side and a spot on the Myers pairing.

But if he finishes preseason not having done enough to earn even a #7/8 role, even on what many consider a bottom-5 defence in the NHL (I don’t think we’re quite that bad but it’s a pretty widespread view), I doubt he’d even get claimed on waivers.

There aren’t many teams that would have a lineup spot for a defenceman who can’t crack the 2021-22 Canucks.

And if he’s not good enough to make this team, there’s really no reason to keep him up, regardless of the reasons for his performance issues (whether it’s Covid, poor training/preparation, conditioning issues, character weakness, or whatever else people have speculated).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 4

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

He could have some serious lung issues from contracting COVID and you want to attack his character for being bag skated to the point where he couldnt stand or barely breathe??? 
I think if anything his rolling around and not getting up should be taken with a grain of salt, he had COVID the worst of anyone on the team. Had he not had that reasoning then ya sure blast the guy. But we have zero inside information as to how is body is handling post COVID. So stop with the ignorance.

If that’s the case, then why is the medical staff allowing him to participate?  He’s completely fine.  I’d cut the guy, and right friggin’ now.  No room for that kind of weakness.  

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

He wouldn’t be at camp if he had lingering covid issues and especially wouldn’t be cleared to still participate in camp as we speak…

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

If he’s suffering from after effects from covid thn why is he at camp??? He had all this time before training camp to test where he was at. He obviously felt he was physically ready.

Just because he is phyiscally feeling okay does not mean his lungs are ready for a bloody bag skate. In all honesty have you ever player AAA hockey or Junior? Have you ever truly been bag skated?

When I was playing competitively and in my best shape. My warmup for workouts would kill most people and a bag skate would kill me

Its a bag skate at the end of practice at the start of camp. Why is anyone panicking?!? CAMP JUST STARTED

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If that’s the case, then why is the medical staff allowing him to participate?  He’s completely fine.  I’d cut the guy, and right friggin’ now.  No room for that kind of weakness.  

He might have passed some tests and felt fine, but he wont know how his lungs truly are operating until he has to dig deep for oxygen and find out he isnt getting close to enough and is struggling to supply oxygenated blood to his extremities 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Just because he is phyiscally feeling okay does not mean his lungs are ready for a bloody bag skate. In all honesty have you ever player AAA hockey or Junior? Have you ever truly been bag skated?

When I was playing competitively and in my best shape. My warmup for workouts would kill most people and a bag skate would kill me

Its a bag skate at the end of practice at the start of camp. Why is anyone panicking?!? CAMP JUST STARTED

I could understand if he was 38years old 

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lots of guys puke.  That’s to be expected.  If OJ was in trouble (passing out) the medical staff would be all over that.  Bye bye to this guy.  

He was the only one that puked. So no it’s not expected.

If the medical staff were doing their jobs they wouldn’t have cleared a guy that was winded so easily.

• Cheers 2

Just now, captainhorvat said:

I could understand if he was 38years old 

But you cant understand if he was affected by a virus from a pandemic? Idk if youve looked around the past 18 months but theres this thing called COVID and its real. We arent making this virus up. He had it and he was seriously effected by it

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He was the only one that puked. So no it’s not expected.

If the medical staff were doing their jobs they wouldn’t have cleared a guy that was winded so easily.

He is not the only one who puked.   Garland did twice.   What is it trying to create false narratives?   

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I guess Garland is a little b*tch 

We should send his ass back and get CDC’s favourite boy Loui back, he never puked.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1