The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Idk I have a feeling Benning does more scouting than most of the other GMs. Probably why he lacks in the other areas. This is all my opinion though.

IMO posters on this board  after the draft  go overboard on every pick and start promoting them beyond the wildest dreams. Hogelander is our headliner the rest Lind, Gaudette etc ....dreams

Just now, Fred65 said:

IMO posters on this board  after the draft  go overboard on every pick and start promoting them beyond the wildest dreams. Hogelander is our headliner the rest Lind, Gaudette etc ....dreams

Gaudette

Rathbone

Tyramkin

Lockwood

Forsling

Have all been drafted in the 3rd or later and have seen NHL time. That's pretty good man.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Gaudette

Rathbone

Tyramkin

Lockwood

Forsling

Have all been drafted in the 3rd or later and have seen NHL time. That's pretty good man.

Maybe the rule is generally to be considered an NHL'er you need to play 100 game in the NHL. Gaudette did I believe but he was waived to the AHL today, Rathbone will make it IMO, however that was that you would call a fortuitous pick ( Brackett used to coaach the kid in the kids summer league, new him well and then Rathbobe declined to attend his NCAA Contract which put a lot of scouts/GM's off him) Forsling was a good pick but a terrrible trade by JB. Tryamkin it seems insulted JB by turning down his offer, he's a FA next summer and we'll see then.Lockwood a spin of the bottle right now. On the other hand we have too many to count that failed to make the grade

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe the rule is generally to be considered an NHL'er you need to play 100 game in the NHL. Gaudette did I believe but he was waived to the AHL today, Rathbone will make it IMO, however that was that you would call a fortuitous pick ( Brackett used to coaach the kid in the kids summer league, new him well and then Rathbobe declined to attend his NCAA Contract which put a lot of scouts/GM's off him) Forsling was a good pick but a terrrible trade by JB. Tryamkin it seems insulted JB by turning down his offer, he's a FA next summer and we'll see then.Lockwood a spin of the bottle right now. On the other hand we have too many to count that failed to make the grade

Yet still a better clip than most GMs at that point in the draft. 

28 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yet still a better clip than most GMs at that point in the draft. 

That's the perception, here's what I cal good drafting, Tampa Bay Roster players and  SC winners. And remember TB is drafting much lower than Vcr

Brayden Point.............................3rd round

Anthony Cirelli ............................3rd "

Anadrea Palat .............................7th "

Mathieu Joesph ...........................4th "

Eric Cernak .................................2nd "

Tyler Raddich ..............................2nd  "

Edited by Fred65

21 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

That's the perception, here's what I cal good drafting, Tampa Bay Roster players and  SC winners. And remember TB is drafting much lower than Vcr

Brayden Point.............................3rd round

Anthony Cirelli ............................3rd "

Anadrea Palat .............................7th "

Mathieu Joesph ...........................4th "

Eric Cernak .................................2nd "

Tyler Raddich ..............................2nd  "

most

adjective

Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

\ ˈmōst  \

Definition of most

(Entry 1 of 6)

1: greatest in quantity, extent, or degree the most ability

2: the majority of most people

Also we've been talking about 3rd plus. 

Edited by 73 Percent

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

NHL U.S. defenseman rankings tiers: Why Adam Fox, Charlie McAvoy are in an elite class

We chose Juolevi rather than AcAvoy

"McAvoy has the best overall game. You can put him on the No. 1 power play, the penalty kill, he can play a physical game against physical players and can play the speed game against the faster players," said one NHL veteran. "Fox is a very good player in the offensive zone. He's a heck of a defenseman. But if he's going against a physical player in the corners, he might not come up with that puck as often as McAvoy would."

I'm...not sure why I was quoted.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Idk I have a feeling Benning does more scouting than most of the other GMs. Probably why he lacks in the other areas. This is all my opinion though.

He should've been hired as head scout & or maybe assistant gm. 

Edited by PuckYa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Post injury conditioning stint.  Already played 2 games.

Yeah another injury played  2 games one assist and has a friendly face along side Kole Lind.  lot warmer down there :)

Edited by Fred65

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah 2 games one assist and has a friendly face along side Kole Lind.  lot warmer down there :)

Kole was called up to Seattle a few of days ago and scored in yesterday's game.  Olli will likely get his chance too, seeing as the Panthers have to carry him on their roster after his conditioning stint.:)

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Kole was called up to Seattle a few of days ago and scored in yesterday's game.  Olli will likely get his chance too, seeing as the Panthers have to carry him on their roster after his conditioning stint.:)

Posted 14 hours ago 

• Posted 14 hrs ago

Lind notched an assist and two hits in Friday's 4-3 win over the Oilers.

Lind set up Colin Blackwell, who split the defense and scored a go-ahead goal in the second period. The assist was Lind's first NHL point in his 10th appearance across the last two season. The 23-year-old has played three times for the Kraken, logging a minus-1 rating, three hits and two PIM in a fourth-line role. He'll likely head back to AHL Charlotte once the team gets some forwards back from injury.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, Zazzini said:

OJ was traded for dust. Green so disdainful to a player with obvious long  covid. I have always been a canuck fan but from Green Time. In the bubble, it was told that he had very little access to the  team;  hence the spectacular run.

Here's a fair comparison of the Lammikko ~ Juolevi trade

Canucks are clearly winning the Lammikko-Juolevi trade | Offside (dailyhive.com)

• Vintage 1

Unfortunately, Olli's NHL chances have likely slipped away.  I expect that he will return to Finland to play hockey.  Year

after year of injuries and then recently showing up to pre-season out of shape was the final nail.  It takes an awful lot

of strength and determination to work though years of injuries, endless rehab and such tremendous disappointment for a young hockey player; especially one that was so highly touted.

I'm not sure that Juolevi has (or ever had) the kind of character that could keep him motivated and focussed enough

to recover from his unlucky track record.

• Vintage 2