Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D


b3.
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

? Top 5 Right Wing in the league asking for 9-10mil, there's nothing wrong with that.  

I didn't say there was, but the combination of Tkachuk, Mangiapane and Gaudreau all looking for significant raises will make it a challenge for the Flames to stay under the cap.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hey, I see this thread got bumped and has a bit of activity going on. Did Olli score a couple of goals or points tonight? Or did he display his crumpled fetal position act to the Detroit media during a conditioning drill? ::D

 

 

 

AF7B1519-67AC-42B7-B91E-7132928EC9E3.jpeg

We hijacked his thread while he was resting on the ice:bigblush:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Ducks Sign Olli Juolevi - 07-28-2022 (prosportsdaily.com)

 

Pretty good for a 5th O/A slection.

Olli Juolevi

Defense -- shoots L
Born May 5 1998 -- Helsinki, Finland
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 182 [188 cm/83 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 1 #5 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
  NHL Totals   41 2 1 3 6   1 0 0 0 0
2015-16 London Knights OHL 57 9 33 42 16 38 18 3 11 14 4
2016-17 London Knights OHL 58 10 32 42 36 26 14 3 5 8 8
2017-18 TPS Turku SM-liiga 38 7 12 19 14 7 11 2 5 7 0
2018-19 Utica Comets AHL 18 1 12 13 2 -12 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Utica Comets AHL 45 2 23 25 24 -8          
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 0 0 0 0
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 23 2 1 3 0 -1 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Florida Panthers NHL 10 0 0 0 2 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Charlotte Checkers AHL 3 0 1 1 2 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Detroit Red Wings NHL 8 0 0 0 4 -1 -- -- -- -- --

 

Another team willing to take a chance. Wonder what's changed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Olli Juolevi

Defense -- shoots L
Born May 5 1998 -- Helsinki, Finland
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 182 [188 cm/83 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 1 #5 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft
 
  Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
  NHL Totals   41 2 1 3 6   1 0 0 0 0
2015-16 London Knights OHL 57 9 33 42 16 38 18 3 11 14 4
2016-17 London Knights OHL 58 10 32 42 36 26 14 3 5 8 8
2017-18 TPS Turku SM-liiga 38 7 12 19 14 7 11 2 5 7 0
2018-19 Utica Comets AHL 18 1 12 13 2 -12 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Utica Comets AHL 45 2 23 25 24 -8          
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 0 0 0 0
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 23 2 1 3 0 -1 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Florida Panthers NHL 10 0 0 0 2 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Charlotte Checkers AHL 3 0 1 1 2 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Detroit Red Wings NHL 8 0 0 0 4 -1 -- -- -- -- --

 

Another team willing to take a chance. Wonder what's changed...

It costs the Ducks nothing, it's a 2 way contract ad he's a filler as they rebuild their team, look at the his numbers in the article, pitiful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think OJ suffered a little from the Brendan Gaunce syndrome.  Did alot of things good to ok but nothing great.  Injuries played some part but imho, he was an a good junior team & benefited from that.  And Brendan Gaunce will might end up with a longer NHL career than even Jake Virtanen.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Ah remeember the days when so many "knowledgable"  fans thought he was the next best thing., and Benning was the scouting guru, you know ....  the "good 'ole days "  :lol:

I mean, a lot of us also thought Hodgson may be the future captain at one point. Easy to poke fun in retrospect. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, a lot of us also thought Hodgson may be the future captain at one point. Easy to poke fun in retrospect. 

My apologise, I couldn't resist when I saw the posts for him. Hodgeson was a good player but suffered from a pain in the back and an eternal pain in Gillis neck. I think he would have turned out good

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DanielCloutier said:

Similar to Juolevi, who lost his mobility to knee injuries.

That may be true although he is still playing hockey as a professional. So I can assume his health is not in question ie every pro team puts playerss under rigerous physicals. Hodgson did have to retire but maybe got a insurance pay out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

That may be true although he is still playing hockey as a professional. So I can assume his health is not in question ie every pro team puts playerss under rigerous physicals. Hodgson did have to retire but maybe got a insurance pay out

Unless I'm mistaken, Hodgson rose a bit (in terms of prospect rankings) after he was drafted by us.  That wasn't the case of OJ.  Again, I'm going by my memory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

OJ simply didn’t not have the work ethic to get the best out of his talent. Perhaps the Canucks could have done a better job in development, but I pretty much put this squarely on the player. 

 

I recall Salo who was coaching him in Europe said some thing like, Well he's getting better but has a long way to go. Much like Virtanen when Burrow was working out with him in Canucksville in the summer said, Maybe he'll get it some day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is the problem in scouting. You are trying to project 17-18 year olds to where they will be in 3-4 seasons.

The Canucks have had top 10 picks that hardly even got a cup of coffee in the NHL (Herter and Woodley combined 6 games).

 

I think (unless I got him mistaken for someone else) Herter was another that suffered from the "Brendan Gaunce" syndrome.  Kind of fairly solid in everything but didn't excel at anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I recall Salo who was coaching him in Europe said some thing like, Well he's getting better but has a long way to go. Much like Virtanen when Burrow was working out with him in Canucksville in the summer said, Maybe he'll get it some day

Oh yeah, I remember the comments from Salo as well. He also specifically called out the fact that OJ’s fitness needed to be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were two comments that made me stop and look closer at this kid.  Hunter, the coach of London Knights said he should make a second pairing D'man and the of course Salo. Then of course I started noticing he could only pivot one way. He was without question much like Herter, Polasek a major bust. What shocked me was the number of fans that continued to think he was going to be a quality D'man over looking their own eyes and depending on some scribes opinions

Edited by Fred65
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...