The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Draft Party) Olli Juolevi Fan Reaction

Salter

The cheers of draft draft party to the "ooohhhh" and silence! Too funny! :lol: I personally think it's a good pick for where we were at and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the young stars games!

2 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Tkachuk is alright like Jim said they want to be built from goalie and defence.

That's fine but the question is is Juolevi an elite D-Man because Tkachuck is all but certain he going to be an elite offensive winger.

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

That's fine but the question is is Juolevi an elite D-Man because Tkachuck is all but certain he going to be an elite offensive winger.

Maybe but elite wingers are easier to pick up via trade or free agency

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

No prospect is "certain". Skating can be a huge issue going pro look at Cole Cassels? Not comparing Tkachuk to Cassels on any level but calling Tkachuk a sure thing is blasphemy.   

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

People keep saying this but it is far, far from certain that Tkachuk will actually become an "elite offensive winger."

Defencemen are way more valuable than forwards, to their respective teams and in trades. Just look at the asking price for defencemen that are currently on the trading block (Subban, Shattenkirk, etc.). The Canucks needed a potential top pairing defenceman, and they got just that without giving up any assets.

It's better to draft and develop a defenceman than look to acquire him when he's in his prime. Acquiring forwards is easier and this year, there are plenty of options on the free agent market.

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Oh, that's where everyone on HFBoards were!

I must say they weren't as harsh as before. Today was like a meh. 

Within a month everyone will jump onto the Juolevi train. Building your team around defense is how you build a competitive team. 

Just now, Odd. said:

I must say they weren't as harsh as before. Today was like a meh. 

Within a month everyone will jump onto the Juolevi train. Building your team around defense is how you build a competitive team. 

Our defense core is starting to look pretty good if things go according to plan!

LOL at the drunk guy in the video yelling Tkatuck! 

Once Dubois was gone I was hoping we would not fall for the hype that is Tkatuck, wingers are easy to get, we will probably sign a few in FA anyways.

Cant wait for Joulevi, had a great WJC so smooth with the puck and can actually run a PP! Great accurate wrister and one timer!

Archived