The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Anthony DeAngelo to Arizona

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

With his track record 3 or 4 of those will play in the NHL. What more do you want? I seriously feel like people get a Boner for complaining all the time. 

If this pick (Lockwood) is any indication we will be lucky to walk away with 2 NHL players in this draft. Who knows, maybe we'll be lucky. I think people in general have more of a problem with the NHL, it's become a league where any remotely substantial contract becomes an absolute epic of homer proportions to move, you get locked into your decisions in such an extreme way there is no flexibility in this league to be agile and make significant changes. I think the fact that there were no trades in the Top 10 of this draft was sort of proof of that. What a BORING draft.

In general though, this goes back to the Trade Deadline, people are angry that we only have a 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th (?) 7th. Or is it 2 7ths? I'm too lazy to look it up but you get it... We basically have 2 picks in this draft, and only one of them has any sort of value. Meanwhile we have all these UFAs, and players that the fanbase feels could be traded, whereby we could have acquired more assets, and we didn't.

Now some would say, we didn't have a partner to make some of these trades people are whining about, that's true to an extent, but you know what? That's JB's job... To cultivate these trades, to make them happen. He does that aspect of his job very poorly.

32 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Someone enlighten me, is DeAngelo a head case?

His numbers seem pretty good, why would Tampa give up on him?

There were significant character issues surrounding DeAngelo, back to before he was drafted. So this is entirely unsurprising. I have no idea, tbh, how well he is developing. All I know is that he was drafted 2 years ago, and supposedly had Top-10 potential, and that Tampa Bay needs to sign Victor Hedman to a huge contract. So if they thought he was going to be cheap and effective on the back end for the next few years at the NHL level, they wouldn't have traded a former #19 overall pick for a second, especially after two years of development.

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

After a nice breakfast, that was a good chuckle over coffee. Thanks Gnar.

tbh, that joke is so old on CDC. Surprised you got a chuckle out of it... Sooner or later, it'll stop. CDC is NOT a fun loving place. YOU HAVE TO BE SUPER SERIOUS ALL THE TIME!!!

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Jim needs to freaking wake the hell up. We got guys that should be moved- Higgins, Burrows, Hansen and Edler. Do something work something out be a freaking manager, not the right guy- he may key word may be a good scout but Jim's manager skills remind of Dave Nonis sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Please sign Tallon, Jim can stay as a assistant and fire Wiesbrod.

Tisk...tisk. Desi being Desi again. Dude youre acting as if you know that these guys could be traded (Higgins, Burr). Hansen is more valuable to us than a first or a couple seconds right now. If Boeser was ready for action this year, you most likely get rid of Hansen, but hes not. If they are confident Juolevi can make the team after summer gains, than a D will be getting traded. Werent you the guy bitching about Boeser last year and look how that turned out. 

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Tisk...tisk. Desi being Desi again. Dude youre acting as if you know that these guys could be traded (Higgins, Burr). Hansen is more valuable to us than a first or a couple seconds right now. If Boeser was ready for action this year, you most likely get rid of Hansen, but hes not. If they are confident Juolevi can make the team after summer gains, than a D will be getting traded. Werent you the guy bitching about Boeser last year and look how that turned out. 

Hansen had one good season due the influence of the Sedins' he won't be able to replicate that season. He is not a scorer he is a career 3rd liner. His stock is high enough for a playoff team to take a chance with.

Benning is comedy.

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Hansen had one good season due the influence of the Sedins' he won't be able to replicate that season. He is not a scorer he is a career 3rd liner.

Other GMs watch the Canucks play as well. They know who Hansen is, who he played with and what he is capable of. We aren't going to be getting this great return that everyone seems to think he will fetch.

2 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Hansen had one good season due the influence of the Sedins' he won't be able to replicate that season. He is not a scorer he is a career 3rd liner. His stock is high enough for a playoff team to take a chance with.

Benning is comedy.

Disagree for now. Lets see how this offseason and season plays out.

7 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Benning is comedy.

Your posts are comedy. 

5 hours ago, Blue_Jays_Canucks said:

And the Canucks do nothing...Benning will pick 5 players and leave...after the season we had, that's unacceptable.

We picked up someone called Gudbranson. Perhaps you've heard of him.....

4 hours ago, Cameron88188 said:

He should have traded Vrbata, last Year, for a 2016 second. Instead we got ______

Where was a 2nd being offered?  Benning also traded our seconds away.... That tells me he wasn't to pumped on what was being offered.

not to mention scouting on 2nd rounders is almost as good as firsts.  I feel more comfortable trading 2nds for NHL assets to create competition and fill out our roster and taking home run chances on 3+ rounds.

5 hours ago, Blue_Jays_Canucks said:

And the Canucks do nothing...Benning will pick 5 players and leave...after the season we had, that's unacceptable.

Ever hear of free agency?

Based on who we believe that we can sign, we'll make further decisions about trades and buyouts.

Far from done for the summer

4 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Someone enlighten me, is DeAngelo a head case?

His numbers seem pretty good, why would Tampa give up on him?

4 hours ago, mll said:

Healthy scratched 8 times last year and it sounds like he might have been the one who asked for a trade.  

From the Tampa Bay Times: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/lightning-trades-former-first-round-pick-anthony-deangelo/2283131

Reveal hidden contents

When the Lightning Anthony DeAngelo 19th overall in 2014, it showed a lot of faith and confidence in the touted defenseman despite supposed character concerns.

Tampa Bay loved DeAngelo's puck-moving abilities and offensive skill, the kind of player that can impact a power play.

But just two years later, DeAngelo is gone, the Lightning trading him to Arizona Saturday for the 37th overall pick, which they used to pick defenseman Libor Hajek. DeAngelo was coming off a tough first pro season with AHL Syracuse, a minus-18 while getting healthy scratched eight times. DeAngelo tweeted he was excited to be with the Coyotes, thanking Tampa Bay.

It sounds like it might have been a mutual parting, or even initiated by DeAngelo himself.

"I wish things could have been different but I think this is better for all involved," said DeAngelo's father, Lou. "We are thankful for the opportunity... We were looking for an opportunity to play in the NHL sooner rather than later."

Former Syracuse coach Rob Zettler said at the end of the season DeAngelo's struggles were mostly in the defensive zone, as he's obviously a gifted offensive player. [...]

Not only that but he was suspended twice in the OHL for racial comments directed towards the referees. He's a nut case, but his talent is through the roof. 

Archived