The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal: getting our first line centre)

Van get: Hopkins
Edm gets:Tanev, Sutter
we can add a few picks if you feel we need to add more

When you look at our young team, you can see we have a big hole at the first line centre position. obviously Tanev is a steep price to pay but, i think its harder to get a player like Hopkins than Tanev. our future will look like this now

Baertschi RNH Boeser
future pick/signing Horvat Virtanen

and our D in a few years

Juolevi Edler
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Brisebois

losing Tanev will hurt, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also remember that we will have picks in the future that will fill out our holes and hopefully we will get a top right handed D man for Juolevi. Another reason why this trade makes sense is because of the expansion draft is coming and we will likely lose edler for free as we can only keep 3 dmen( Tanev Hutton Gudbranson)

Edmonton does this because Tanev is a young defensemen that will upgrade them drastically and Sutter will be a good leader along with helping them be a more complete 2 way team

thoughts?

16 minutes ago, vancitybuzz35 said:

Van get: Hopkins
Edm gets:Tanev, Sutter
we can add a few picks if you feel we need to add more

When you look at our young team, you can see we have a big hole at the first line centre position. obviously Tanev is a steep price to pay but, i think its harder to get a player like Hopkins than Tanev. our future will look like this now

Baertschi RNH Boeser
future pick/signing Horvat Virtanen

and our D in a few years

Juolevi Edler
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Brisebois

losing Tanev will hurt, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also remember that we will have picks in the future that will fill out our holes and hopefully we will get a top right handed D man for Juolevi. Another reason why this trade makes sense is because of the expansion draft is coming and we will likely lose edler for free as we can only keep 3 dmen( Tanev Hutton Gudbranson)

Edmonton does this because Tanev is a young defensemen that will upgrade them drastically and Sutter will be a good leader along with helping them be a more complete 2 way team

thoughts?

You do realize Tanev is worth more than RNH?  I like RNH too, but he's really a tweener centre.  He's not a one, and he's not going to check like a two.  He's better suited as a three, but he's paid like a one.  

I don't think JB would have interest in RNH.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You do realize Tanev is worth more than RNH?  I like RNH too, but he's really a tweener centre.  He's not a one, and he's not going to check like a two.  He's better suited as a three, but he's paid like a one.  

he might of been playing poor lately, but he is still young and a lock imo to be future top 2 centre. i think with the right developement he can be a 65-70 point guy

1 minute ago, vancitybuzz35 said:

he might of been playing poor lately, but he is still young and a lock imo to be future top 2 centre. i think with the right developement he can be a 65-70 point guy

So can Bo, and Bo is a lot bigger and stronger, and he's on our team already. 

Just now, Alflives said:

So can Bo, and Bo is a lot bigger and stronger, and he's on our team already. 

i think we all know we arent gonna be winning any cups with just horvat. we are gonna need another legit top centre that can put up big numbers. we arent likely gonna get one through the draft if benning is going towards the compete and rebuild on the fly direction

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You realize that RNH was in the top 20 in takeaways per game.  His defensive game is very underrated

I'd do this trade but for much different reasoning.

I believe RNH for Tanev is a fairly equal trade.

I think Sutter actually carries "negative" value.  I don't think he is worth nearly the contract we gave him, and would rather have the cap space.

I know many in here will disagree, but it's amazing how Sutters perceived value increased while he was injured.

He is a very avg 40 pt center who plays defensively responsible. Not a top 6 center in any stretch of the imagination. The team was able to inflate his #'s a bit by thru his brief stint playing with the twins.

I am amazed how people on this site continually pencil him in as our #2 C.  Horvat this year will far surpass any offensive season of Sutters career.    Bo is our #2 C, and should be given every opportunity to excel in that role.

19 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

RNH for our no1 defenceman and best F/O PK guy? Pass. He is also on the smallish/fragile side of the coin. Pass. His contract also sucks. Pass. 

So all in all, I pass on this deal. 

nobody said he would be our number 1 pk or faceoff guy. We have horvat as our 2 way guy

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

RHN is not a first line centre and he gets paid first line money. He's basically untradeable unless Edmonton wants to take a bad contract back. 

if you think he is untradable, maybe you should rethink your view on hockey

Just now, vancitybuzz35 said:

if you think he is untradable, maybe you should rethink your view on hockey

My view on hockey is pretty good. Been following the sport for about 38 years. He's untradeable because nobody wants his contract unless you take an equal one back. If there is an overpriced Dman out there then I guess Edmonton could swing a deal. 

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

My view on hockey is pretty good. Been following the sport for about 38 years. He's untradeable because nobody wants his contract unless you take an equal one back. If there is an overpriced Dman out there then I guess Edmonton could swing a deal. 

many teams would take RNH in a heartbeat. montreal, ottawa, minnesota are just a few

2 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

So you want to get a guy they call Nugey. And what makes you think he is a first line centre? Get your stuff together.

well, he was a first overall pick aswell as he is only 23 years old. he has also averaged .7 points per a game in his 5 year career.

Just now, vancitybuzz35 said:

many teams would take RNH in a heartbeat. montreal, ottawa, minnesota are just a few

And we would take him too, providing the Oilers take back salary, and the cost is of trade is more a bottom pairing guy - like the Sbisa level.  

You ou don't think the Oilers have been in on Gudbrandon and the other D men traded?  Of course they have, but other teams want Draisatl (like McCann) and the Oilers keep offering RNH, Eberle, and Yaks.  IMHAO, of course.

if we did get RNH, I would be happy.  Just only for Sbisa, and they take back salary.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And we would take him too, providing the Oilers take back salary, and the cost is of trade is more a bottom pairing guy - like the Sbisa level.  

You ou don't think the Oilers have been in on Gudbrandon and the other D men traded?  Of course they have, but other teams want Draisatl (like McCann) and the Oilers keep offering RNH, Eberle, and Yaks.  IMHAO, of course.

if we did get RNH, I would be happy.  Just only for Sbisa, and they take back salary.

ok, i just dont think you will get him for an offer like that. also if i remember correctly, benning said that he wanted to get the trade done quickly so other teams like the oilers dont get involved.

4 minutes ago, vancitybuzz35 said:

Montreal already has a first line centre who's better and on a cheaper contract.  Minnesota already has a centre making close to $7 million and have no cap room once they fill out their roster. Ottawa is a possibility, however I don't believe they would have any assets that Edmonton would want back on the defensive side unless Ottawa trades their top D prospect Chabot. 

Archived