The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal: getting our first line centre)

13 hours ago, vancitybuzz35 said:

Van get: Hopkins
Edm gets:Tanev, Sutter
we can add a few picks if you feel we need to add more

While I think RNH is talented, I don't think RNH is first-line centre material as he doesn't impact the game enough on all parts of the ice. I think one of the problems with him when he got drafted was that people thought he was going to be the next Joe Sakic because they both played in Burnaby, but Sakic actually played for Burnaby Minor his whole time whereas RNH only played for a year before moving to Burnaby Winter Club. :P

14 hours ago, vancitybuzz35 said:

Van get: Hopkins
Edm gets:Tanev, Sutter
we can add a few picks if you feel we need to add more

When you look at our young team, you can see we have a big hole at the first line centre position. obviously Tanev is a steep price to pay but, i think its harder to get a player like Hopkins than Tanev. our future will look like this now

Baertschi RNH Boeser
future pick/signing Horvat Virtanen

and our D in a few years

Juolevi Edler
Hutton Gudbranson
Tryamkin Brisebois

losing Tanev will hurt, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Also remember that we will have picks in the future that will fill out our holes and hopefully we will get a top right handed D man for Juolevi. Another reason why this trade makes sense is because of the expansion draft is coming and we will likely lose edler for free as we can only keep 3 dmen( Tanev Hutton Gudbranson)

Edmonton does this because Tanev is a young defensemen that will upgrade them drastically and Sutter will be a good leader along with helping them be a more complete 2 way team

thoughts?

Too small for the west, thats why Edmonton is trying to get rid of him and no one in the west wants him unless its a super disscount

Edmonton would love to get Tanev, the impact on their team would be immediate and profound, whereas the impact of RNH to the Canucks would be very helpful, the impact would not be as felt due to the Canucks hole is much larger to fill.

RNH and Horvat would be a very good start towards the three scoring lines team will need in the future NHL.

Tanev, also being one of the top statistical dmen in the league should have another asset coming back.

Tanev - Edmonton

RNH + ? - Vancouver.

Archived