The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Benning knows his prospects, and if he wanted Sam Reinhart there was good reason.  Now, I cheer for Buffalo to be really horrible defensively, so (Maybe - fingers crossed) they would want Tanev.  I know I'm dreaming though:(

Listen, I want Reinhart as badly as you do, but the chances of us even being in a position to trade for him his unlikely, let alone having the pieces that Buffalo wants. If they would do Tanev and a 1st for Reinhart if consider it, but they have absolutely no reason to move him right now. Unless he demands a trade or something, it's not happening. 

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Listen, I want Reinhart as badly as you do, but the chances of us even being in a position to trade for him his unlikely, let alone having the pieces that Buffalo wants. If they would do Tanev and a 1st for Reinhart if consider it, but they have absolutely no reason to move him right now. Unless he demands a trade or something, it's not happening. 

Buffalo is not trading Reinhart. Idle speculation.

2 minutes ago, WTG said:

Lockwoods 4th goal, not sure if it went in but it counts
https://streamable.com/acrg

Wow, that was a laser. 

Lockwood quietly having a very strong start to the season. This guy could be a real gem. The kind of speed and skill he demonstrates, I don't even care if he can't play defense (good thing he's just as good defensively as he is offensively). Definitely has a room in our top 6 in the future. Going to be proving a lot of heads. 

• Upvote 1

Dood is unreal. Speed, hands, shot, toughness combination is all there, just needs a little weight to make sure he can't get pushed off pucks at the next level. Probably a top 5 prospect for us now, and at the draft he was considered by many Vancouver media outlets as a terrible pick lol.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is no more apparent than with him and Gaudettte. They both look like NHL players that have top 6 ceilings.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Okay, I think it's time to end the 'bottom six guy'  mantra that runs through this thread. He is a very talented 18 year old obviously, the sky is the limit really.

I'm the one that started that mantra, and I've watched Lockwood play. I really like him, and I agree that he's a talented kid.

But he really plays a grinder style that is prevalent in the bottom 6. Lockwood basically plays like a energy forward with skill and size. That is why I would say he's the ideal bottom 6 winger. Don't take that as a ceiling, take it as a floor. Lockwood is not a top 6 or bust prospect.

3 hours ago, WTG said:

I'm the one that started that mantra, and I've watched Lockwood play. I really like him, and I agree that he's a talented kid.

But he really plays a grinder style that is prevalent in the bottom 6. Lockwood basically plays like a energy forward with skill and size. That is why I would say he's the ideal bottom 6 winger. Don't take that as a ceiling, take it as a floor. Lockwood is not a top 6 or bust prospect.

The first time I saw the guy I thought Gallagher.  Like you say: a skilled guy, but with an edge.

23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yet people keep fretting about how we have NO forward prospects...:lol:

Patience @LaBamba, it's coming.

You don't understand my frustration. Benning consistently hits home runs in the draft, yet he trades all of 2nds and 3rds for players he could easily draft. He is amazing at drafting so why not manufacture more draft picks rather then players that make your hockey team boring. 

• Upvote 3