The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

We may have find our 3 RW replacement for the hole let by Virtanen.

hope Lockwood will confirm and do wonders in the last season game.

Next year b6

Pearson 3C Lockwood

Motte Graovac Highmore

too bad we can’t sign Domi for 3C. He s pricey and not enough defensive minded. 
Reinhart is amazing but RFA and would command 5-6 M. 

On 5/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, D-Money said:

Peca scored 50 goals in 55 OHL games, and made Team Canada for the WJCs. He was a very skilled young player who embraced a 2-way game, and became a key NHL player for many years.

It would be nice if Lockwood ended up a decent bottom-6 player. But “Peca clone”? That’s not happening, anymore than Gadjovich will become a Bertuzzi clone.

Yeah a lot of people in CDC nowadays are drinking the Satiah Shah coolaid thinking all of our prospects are going to turn into all stars. Judging from bits Ive seen in Utica and his debut, he kind of reminds me of a not so talked about Canuck from yester year, remember Trevor Letowski? Thats who Lockwood reminds me off, in that Motte esque mold. Bottom 6 player, can skate really well, could get in the forecheck, might top out at 10-15 goals on a good year. LOL Mike Peca comparison is laughable. Peca was one of the cornerstones of those very good Sabre teams.

• Haha 1

We are going to start to see the emergence of some of our later round B prospects over the next year or two.  Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovic, Jasek, Rathbone, Woo, DiPietro, maybe even Focht, McDonaugh, Karlsson.  We have some high  end young talent in Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, EP, Hoglander, Demko, and I feel Podkolzin, as well as a very good draft pick this year.  Schmidt, Miller, and Pearson are quality vets.  If we hit on even of few of these B prospects, we are looking very very good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Left a better impression than Gadj for me. Only one game for both though.

Kinda agree with you on that but Gadjovich took 17 minutes in penalties which didn't help when he got back on the ice in the 3rd I thought he looked better than the 1st. That said I really like Lockwood. I can see him on a 3rd line. 

44 minutes ago, BCNate said:

We are going to start to see the emergence of some of our later round B prospects over the next year or two.  Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovic, Jasek, Rathbone, Woo, DiPietro, maybe even Focht, McDonaugh, Karlsson.  We have some high  end young talent in Horvat, Boeser, Hughes, EP, Hoglander, Demko, and I feel Podkolzin, as well as a very good draft pick this year.  Schmidt, Miller, and Pearson are quality vets.  If we hit on even of few of these B prospects, we are looking very very good.

I cannot say that Schmidt has had a good season. Makes a lot of mistakes. Very personable fellow so I am looking forward to seeing him next fall with a full camp and pre-season. The talent is there. 

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I cannot say that Schmidt has had a good season. Makes a lot of mistakes. Very personable fellow so I am looking forward to seeing him next fall with a full camp and pre-season. The talent is there. 

He played an offensive role in Vegas, and was on his off hand, but was excellent.  He played a defensive role in Vancouver, still on his off hand and results were iffy.   It is significantly harder to play a defensive role on your off hand than an offensive role.  I blame his deployment more than anything.  We either need to play him on the left side, or in an offensive role.  

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

24 minutes ago, BCNate said:

He played an offensive role in Vegas, and was on his off hand, but was excellent.  He played a defensive role in Vancouver, still on his off hand and results were iffy.   It is significantly harder to play a defensive role on your off hand than an offensive role.  I blame his deployment more than anything.  We either need to play him on the left side, or in an offensive role.  

Also think that he'll have a better year here next season as he'll be more acclimated. Same as Myers year one vs year two.

Never mind how much of a gong show this season has been with no preseason, injuries, covid, schedule etc not making that year one transition any easier.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Are you talking about domi in the rockwood thread? Get your negative ass out of here bub.

you understand the difference though, right? bringing up a random prospect, apropos of nothing, in a thread about a completely different prospect, simply to tell people you think he sucks is a little different than this.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Are you talking about domi in the rockwood thread? Get your negative ass out of here bub.

One of Lockwood’s best qualities is his character.  Character guys, like Will, play whatever role their team needs them to, because they are good teammates.  These are great guys to have on the club.  

Just now, Alflives said:

One of Lockwood’s best qualities is his character.  Character guys, like Will, play whatever role their team needs them to, because they are good teammates.  These are great guys to have on the club.  

I know I'm just busting Tass balls because he was on my case earlier.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

you understand the difference though, right? bringing up a random prospect, apropos of nothing, in a thread about a completely different prospect, simply to tell people you think he sucks is a little different than this.

Yes and no. It's not like I brought up how I like my steak. 

Last time I checked they're both young defensive prospects on the Canucks. I think rathbone has it and chatfield doesnt.

I think I'm well in the scope of on topic here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Yes and no. It's not like I brought up how I like my steak. 

Last time I checked they're both young defensive prospects on the Canucks. I think rathbone has it and chatfield doesnt.

I think I'm well in the scope of on topic here.

if you compared aspects of their respective games, maybe, but you just wanted to knock chatfield because it's trendy to do so around here. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

if you compared aspects of their respective games, maybe, but you just wanted to knock chatfield because it's trendy to do so around here. 

You think pretty highly of yourself  you think I paid attention to you more than this little spat lol. 

Chatfields decision making is that of the minors. Rathbone has the urgency and smarts to become at top 4 nhl dman. 

Better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

You think pretty highly of yourself  you think I paid attention to you more than this little spat lol. 

Chatfields decision making is that of the minors. Rathbone has the urgency and smarts to become at top 4 nhl dman. 

Better?

I guess. i still don't see what the commentary about chatfield adds to the rathbone discussion. maybe post the part about chatfield in the chatfield thread, and the part about rathbone in the rathbone thread. 

19 minutes ago, tas said:

I guess. i still don't see what the commentary about chatfield adds to the rathbone discussion. maybe post the part about chatfield in the chatfield thread, and the part about rathbone in the rathbone thread. 

And discuss Lockwood in the Lockwood thread?  :lol:

• Cheers 2