The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

I'd rather have 5 2nd round picks then 5 7th round picks.

But that just me

EDIT: But you are both wrong, picks 3-7 basically have the same chance of playing 100 NHL games. So you guys are both half right and half wrong.

Edited by WTG

7 hours ago, WTG said:

I'd rather have 5 2nd round picks then 5 7th round picks.

But that just me

EDIT: But you are both wrong, picks 3-7 basically have the same chance of playing 100 NHL games. So you guys are both half right and half wrong.

Anyone can look it up.  For starters, acquired one 1st and 2 seconds, traded zero 1sts and four 2nds, one of which was 8 spots from the 3rd received back.   The overall numbers and placements are comparable, but that doesn't play up the storyline thus the flat dismissal.

18 hours ago, LaBamba said:

All I see in this post is "I'm starting to get worried LaBamba's (aka hockey's Stephan Hawking's) premonitions are starting to manifest. It's hard to except Doom but impossible to deny. 

Now, now Labamba don't let your eraser get too big to fit thru the door. Let's bring it down a bit, how about: the "Hawking's Cheezie" of hockey. 

18 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Now, now Labamba don't let your eraser get too big to fit thru the door. Let's bring it down a bit, how about: the "Hawking's Cheezie" of hockey. 

You a Hawking's cheezie guy? Cause you can't beat a Hawking's Cheezie IMO. I hold those cheezies to such a high standard that I would interpret this as a greater honour than being labeled the "Stephan Hawking" of hockey. 

16 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You a Hawking's cheezie guy? Cause you can't beat a Hawking's Cheezie IMO. I hold those cheezies to such a high standard that I would interpret this as a greater honour than being labeled the "Stephan Hawking" of hockey. 

Those things are indeed like crack. Thank Gordie I'm not supposed to eat cow cheese based items or I'd eat those every day and be 300 lbs. 

But yeah Hutton is right head buried ostrich with blinders on guy.

6 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Haha, I like how you interpreted that analogy. I simply meant your forum contributions were a bit a crispy and added flavour here.

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We're even, or ahead of most except for elite forwards.  There, we are behind.  

if we're ahead  of most Utica should atleast be a middle team but right now theyre one of the bottom team in the  AHL. I don't see the Canucks even or  ahead at anything. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

if we're ahead  of most Utica should atleast be a middle team but right now theyre one of the bottom team in the  AHL. I don't see the Canucks even or  ahead at anything. 

Other than Demko, Canucks' best prospects are still in Junior and/or College hockey. The lack of blue chip prospects in Utica is a reflection of the previous regime's poor drafting  record as most of Benning's picks are not yet eligible to be playing in the AHL. Next season we will see an influx of Junior graduates moving up to Utica and I think we will/should see a much better team there.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Other than Demko, Canucks' best prospects are still in Junior and/or College hockey. The lack of blue chip prospects in Utica is a reflection of the previous regime's poor drafting  record as most of Benning's picks are not yet eligible to be playing in the AHL. Next season we will see an influx of Junior graduates moving up to Utica and I think we will/should see a much better team there.

Most teams best prospects don't play much in the AHL unless they are european and they come over in their draft +1

This has to do with the fact we fired Henning who built that great Utica team. Also Benning really hasn't helped with trading away Forsling and Shinkaruk.

26 minutes ago, WTG said:

Most teams best prospects don't play much in the AHL unless they are european and they come over in their draft +1

This has to do with the fact we fired Henning who built that great Utica team. Also Benning really hasn't helped with trading away Forsling and Shinkaruk.

I would disagree. Lot's of teams have blue chippers in the farm. Last two years the Toronto Marlies have been one of the best teams in the league and they only play their prospects; who, in turn, shine and get called up with confidence. Benning's picks should be just getting into the AHL this year (that being the 2014 draft).

McCann 

Virtanen

Forsling

Pettit

McKenze

Demko

Should have all been in the AHL... however our wheeling and dealing GM has one of those players in the AHL.

Not knocking his drafting because he doesn't pick a lot due to his trading to make the team immediately better. But that has a domino effect where we pull a lot of depth out of Utica and rush prospects (McCann/Virtanen) in order to compete for a playoff spot. Sucks we're in this purgatory 

Edited by junglesniper
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, junglesniper said:

I would disagree. Lot's of teams have blue chippers in the farm. Last two years the Toronto Marlies have been one of the best teams in the league and they only play their prospects; who, in turn, shine and get called up with confidence. Benning's picks should be just getting into the AHL this year (that being the 2014 draft).

McCann 

Virtanen

Forsling

Pettit

McKenze

Demko

Should have all been in the AHL... however our wheeling and dealing GM has one of those players in the AHL.

Not knocking his drafting because he doesn't pick a lot due to his trading to make the team immediately better. But that has a domino effect where we pull a lot of depth out of Utica and rush prospects (McCann/Virtanen) in order to compete for a playoff spot. Sucks we're in this purgatory 

it's short sightedness by ownership and management. but by doing this. they will suffer. long term pain for short term gain. eventually. i think they will be forced to recognize that this isn't feasible. someone is going to lose their job for sure. i don't see Benning and Willie with the Canucks long term. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

it's short sightedness by ownership and management. but by doing this. they will suffer. long term pain for short term gain. eventually. i think they will be forced to recognize that this isn't feasible. someone is going to lose their job for sure. i don't see Benning and Willie with the Canucks long term. 

I think they're well aware of what they're doing and how they're doing it.

12 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

the regime doesn't matter when we talk about the Canucks general prospect poll. It supports my claim that the Canucks are indeed behind. 

11 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

the regime doesn't matter when we talk about the Canucks general prospect poll. It supports my claim that the Canucks are indeed behind. 

Berhind what? Teams that have already been rebuilding for 5-10 years?

2 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

Even teams like the Hawks and Bruins are ahead of us and theyre not even rebuilding. doesn't take away the fact that we're behind

I would say that the Bruins are in a slight rebuild, but they also have top end pieces holding the fort better than ours are right now. 

Edited by c00kies