The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

William Lockwood | RW

-Vintage Canuck-

On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is going to be a spot in Vancouver for this young man in the not too distant future as we clean out some of the wasted cap. Better to have an underpaid guy willing to work hard than an entitled, overpaid guy that is underperforming. I look forward to seeing McDonough at next training camp, too. Cap management is king in the nhl, and the best way to keep cap down is to have a constant stream of young players coming up, properly seasoned and developed in the farm system. I see only two guys in Van that should feel secure in their spots - Pettersson and Hughes.

• 2 weeks later...

Podkolzin and Hoglander are both very visible, but no scoring results - the players racking up the points are Wolanin (3 assists so far)  and Dowling (goal and two assists). Dowling is 32, Wolanin 26. The old vets aren’t as visible, but what they do results in results - the older players play a much calmer game where the brain works before their plays are made. The younger guys brains seem to be struggling to keep up with their feet. Great place for our young guys to get that experience that they need. And it sure looks like their are no overpaid slackers down here. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lockwood exits the organization tied for 519th in all-time Canuck scoring.

519.  Jim Agnew D 65 0 1 1
Alek Stojanov RW 62 0 1 1
John Garrett G 56 0 1 1
Mike Weaver D 55 0 1 1
Peter Skudra G 46 0 1 1
Darren Langdon LW 45 0 1 1
Robin Bartel D 40 0 1 1
Anders Nilsson G 39 0 1 1
Curtis Sanford G 35 0 1 1
Wendell Young G 30 0 1 1
William Lockwood RW 28 0 1 1
Braden Holtby G 21 0 1 1
Jalen Chatfield D 18 0 1 1

Granted he wasn't here for his offence but when you're producing at a similar rate to back up goalies....

Always interesting to see where his 28 career games put him as a Canuck.  I sort my binder for games played (regular season + playoffs)

Spoiler

20230225_132939.thumb.jpg.9071dbedbb3205adbc0505d62d492b00.jpg

Edited by Wilbur

• 3 weeks later...