The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canadiens sign F Andrew Shaw [6 year x $3.9M AAV]

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced on Monday that the team has agreed to terms on a six-year contract with forward Andrew Shaw.

Acquired on Friday from the Chicago Blackhawks, Shaw scored 14 goals and registered 34 points in 78 games last season. He also was a standout during the playoffs, posting six points – including four goals – in six games.

“We are very pleased to have agreed to a long-term deal with Andrew Shaw. As I mentioned last Friday following his acquisition, we are adding a solid character player to our team, a reliable player who plays with grit and a two-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks over the past five seasons. Andrew will add more leadership to our team. I had the opportunity to discuss with him over the past few days, and I sense his determination and excitement in joining the Canadiens’ organization for many years to come,” said general manager Marc Bergevin.

A five-year NHL veteran, the Belleville, ON native won the Stanley Cup twice in Chicago, hoisting the coveted trophy in both 2012-13 and again in 2014-15.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=887505

2 minutes ago, HawksFan94 said:

Yikes... would not want that contract for 6 years.

That has future buyout written all over it.

15 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

He is actually so bad. He got like 30 points at 3.9 so what will Horvat want if he gets 50 points this year?

Guy was a warrior in the playoffs for the hawks, but then again almost every Hawks 3rd 4th line looks good when you have Toews, Kane, Hossa etc.....shawsie scored some huge goals nearly every playoff run for them. 

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

One less pest to worry about here in the West.

More like one less good to be stuck in the penalty box watching vintage Sedinery ;)  

I hate Andrew Shaw... Sorry to say but the guy is a pig and his actions on and off the ice are disgusting. I think he starts lliquoring up after this long term deal, relaxing and slowly end up out of the league. Sorry I don't respect jerks like Shaw 

Archived