The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Thomas Vanek ???

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

What? Dude, Carter was a freaking sandbag on the crease and that's about it from what I remember. 

If he was a "skilled shooter" how on earth did he fail so badly on every other NHL team he played for?

Plug, sandbag, those words come to mind. Skilled shooter? You must be really high. You're thinking a different Carter...

So A sandbag outscored our entire team last year?  Carter had 35 goals

6 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

One year is perfect! Look what Vrbata didt his one year

That's probably why Benning is inquiring.

If we can get 25-30 goals out of him for one season on a cheap deal that would be awesome. I think he would fit well with the Sedins, and at more than half the cost of Eriksson without the long term commitment.

This is the perfect solution for people who want to be competitive but don't wanna give players alot of term.

21 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Would never play a heartless floater more than 1.5 mill per, this guy hasn't been relevant in years. Look at how people jumped all over verbby this year, he was only one year removed from being the team MVP! LOL.....Vanek here is not a good idea at all. 

Vanek isn't heartless so much as he is a very streaky player.

5 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

So A sandbag outscored our entire team last year?  Carter had 35 goals

A sandbag that retired a while ago and was laughed off to Columbus for thinking he was a 35 goal scorer.... and not just a sandbag for the twins to bank pucks off of. 

Lmao. One year the twins banked so many pucks off him he thinks he's worth like $5 mil. Next year dudes a bust, and ends up playing in Europe...

Sure pal

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Anson Carter?

As if.

Last I heard he was in Sweden... I better check though,and I will

You are missing my point. We can put a sack of hammers with the Sedins and they will score 25 plus (ie Carter, Hansen Vrbata) so let's not blow the bank on the winger to play with them.

Just now, Bandwagon38 said:

You are missing my point. We can put a sack of hammers with the Sedins and they will score 25 plus (ie Carter, Hansen Vrbata) so let's not blow the bank on the winger to play with them.

Weird way of getting to the point....

Vanek would be a mistake, and wouldn't ever play with the twins 5-5. Freaking Brouwer could win the Richard Trophy on their wing.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Weird way of getting to the point....

Vanek would be a mistake, and wouldn't ever play with the twins 5-5. Freaking Brouwer could win the Richard Trophy on their wing.

Wow, a literal reader eh?  Last time.  The Sedins make people better.  With the Sedinss Vanek could score 25+!  Not an actual bag of hammers.

5 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Wow, a literal reader eh?  Last time.  The Sedins make people better.  With the Sedinss Vanek could score 25+!  Not an actual bag of hammers.

You've got it twisted champ. They make grinders scorers.

Like hell Vanek would. The Twins would not play with that floater. Vanek is allergic to boards.

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That's probably why Benning is inquiring.

If we can get 25-30 goals out of him for one season on a cheap deal that would be awesome. I think he would fit well with the Sedins, and at more than half the cost of Eriksson without the long term commitment.

This is the perfect solution for people who want to be competitive but don't wanna give players alot of term.

Since he was bought out doesn't  that mean he has to sign for the league  min?

1 hour ago, Bandwagon38 said:

He's 32 

With a lot of mileage.  His numbers are decreasing but maybe he can rebound and is still a good option, I can't say for sure.  I'm OK with keeping Burrows and he's even older but I think we need to be careful about adding older guys.  But then again maybe?  Why didn't you go after the guy who wanted him ten years ago?  Anyway, I'll leave it in Jim's capable hands.

Just now, Bandwagon38 said:

21 goals, what a slouch

He can score some goals because he is a highly-talented player. Not a team player, effort level is garbage, has off-ice issues. Just the kind of guy you want around a bunch of youngsters, huh? 

18 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

He can score some goals because he is a highly-talented player. Not a team player, effort level is garbage, has off-ice issues. Just the kind of guy you want around a bunch of youngsters, huh? 

Our youngsters have two of the best role models to guide them.  Lucic would be a way better role model?  

Archived