The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Thomas Vanek ???

5 minutes ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Our youngsters have two of the best role models to guide them.  Lucic would be a way better role model?  

Why would Lucic be a bad role model. Lucic will lay down a lot of heavy hits, he'll bang and crash in the corners and he'll battle for position in front of the net. And if he becomes a Canuck, I'm sure he'd defend his team-mates. He seems like the type of player who wants to win at all costs. Why would that be a bad thing again?

Vanek is an aging goal scorer and I don't want a player who has to play with the Sedins and only the Sedins in order to succeed. Pass!

3 hours ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Our youngsters have two of the best role models to guide them.  Lucic would be a way better role model?  

Well you know Looch would get involved in scrums and stick up for his teammates if they ever got cheapshot. Just ask McCann how he was protected after Getzlaf punched him. I do not see a guy like Vanek mucking it up, that is what we need to let our youngsters roam free. 

Not to mention the Sedins have always been good with a power forward. Remember Kassians hot streak? Even a PF with issues can get it done, they had more space than they ever had. Bring on Looch and lets see what happens. No more of these soft overpaid "snipers"

Here's the thing with Vanek ; he's slow. His skating and foot speed are subpar. 

His goals are usually scored around the net as rebounds or tap-ins.

If we are looking to get faster he is a terrible choice. But if we get another speedy top 6, and circle back to him, maybe.

Alongside the Sedins he may hit 25+ goals again because their game is based on smarts. not speed.

But Vanek should be an absolute last resort because he has no playoff push and is just general crap in dire situations.

Maybe he's gotten a wake-up call. Or will get one when somebody doesn't sign him right away.

Archived