The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Las Vegas Odds - Stamkos & Lucic signings

Courtesy of the score.ca

Lightning, Oilers the betting favorites to sign Stamkos, Lucic http://www.thescore.com/news/1051869 (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App)

Place your bets.

With free agency only two days away, you can put your money where your mouth is with respect to the future destinations of two of the big-ticket free-agent forwards set to hit the market on July 1: Steven Stamkosand Milan Lucic.

Odds to sign Stamkos

TEAM ODDS
Tampa Bay Lightning +105
Detroit Red Wings +275
Toronto Maple Leafs +350
Buffalo Sabres +800
Montreal Canadiens +1200
Vancouver Canucks +2200

Odds to sign Lucic

TEAM ODDS
Edmonton Oilers -260
Vancouver Canucks +225
Boston Bruins +1200
Los Angeles Kings +2000

Thank you, Las Vegas.

Lucic will sign with Edmonton. Just have that feeling. Would definitely be a big loss for Benning this year in his attempt to rebuild on the fly.

I don't really see a player outside of Lucic that intrigues me, except for a player we aren't even going for (Okposo).

Might be time to mail it in or go for a big trade like Shattenkirk.

5 minutes ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Lucic will sign with Edmonton. Just have that feeling. Would definitely be a big loss for Benning this year in his attempt to rebuild on the fly.

I don't really see a player outside of Lucic that intrigues me, except for a player we aren't even going for (Okposo).

Might be time to mail it in or go for a big trade like Shattenkirk.

Lucic would be an idiot to sign in Edmonton. It's cold and has a team that has been ok with over a decades worth of a bad losing mentality. I can't see him going from Boston to LA and then Edmonton.

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I love how they put us so off base for signing Stamkos. I hope we sign both!

When they make the odds they make it so they get even bets across the board. If more people are betting on Canucks, then the odds go down to get people to be on the others. 

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Lucic would be an idiot to sign in Edmonton. It's cold and has a team that has been ok with over a decades worth of a bad losing mentality. I can't see him going from Boston to La and then Edmonton.

He doesn't care about winning man, judging by the teams he wants to go to. He wants money, and honestly, maybe it's for the best we don't sign him if that's the case.

Edmonton has a lot, and I mean a LOT of talented prospects. McDavid, Puji, Nurse, Drais, Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Reinhart, Eberle, just tons of young talent. They will be good soon.

Chiapet has probably really sold the dream to Lucic, and seeing as Lucic won a Cup before with Chia at the helm, he probably believes he can win one in EDM too, especially with all of their young top players. It has nothing to do with city loyalty or anything like that. It's about the money and a chance to win again. Why would he sign in VAN? So he can listen to the boos in his own rink on a team that probably won't even make the playoffs? 

9 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Stamkos odds are interesting, they're giving the edge to tampa. Ferraro was on radio yeasterday, saying that with tax differences, 8.7m in Tampa is like 10.5m in Montreal/Toronto.

Sponsorship would bump that number up way higher if he signs in Canada though.

Archived