The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MAFIA] GOTHAM ( TOWN WINS )

JAY JAY

3 minutes ago, One one two said:

I got minus'd in the Canada Day thread for telling it how it is. (They don't think it be like it, but it do.) Now I need to make up for it.

Always gets me in trouble.... especially in this game

22 minutes ago, One one two said:

I got minus'd in the Canada Day thread for telling it how it is. (They don't think it be like it, but it do.) Now I need to make up for it.

What did you say?

3 minutes ago, One one two said:

I said Canada isn't that great and a few forum no-names took offense. I think one of them is American, even. :(

:(

You are only allowed to give reputation 24 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today.

27 minutes ago, One one two said:

I said Canada isn't that great and a few forum no-names took offense. I think one of them is American, even. :(

Sorry can't agree to that. I think Canada is pretty fracking amazing. Yes it has problems and issues but just last week I was talking to a Syrian refugee family and hearing what life was like for them makes the problems and issues we have here almost laughable.

30 minutes ago, One one two said:

Certainly true of Canadian hockey teams ^_^

I myself have never been to Canada though. Always seemed like America lite to me.

Just now, Aladeen said:

Sorry can't agree to that. I think Canada is pretty fracking amazing. Yes it has problems and issues but just last week I was talking to a Syrian refugee family and hearing what life was like for them makes the problems and issues we have here almost laughable.

ehh, living in the dtes for six months one becomes pretty jaded. Canada's ok, but if you're living with a severe physical disability or mental health condition and have no family to support you, you're pretty much screwed, at least in the case of bc. I know a lot of very good people with very severe issues who have been let down by our social systems and it's genuinely heartbreaking. we like to think we're pretty good, but our culture is hugely individualistic and people who need help are shamed for it and typically don't get it in the full amount that's needed. oh and the casual racism you see everyday by third-gen white canadians against chinese people who want to come to canada to live out their days and raise families here is profoundly stupid and embarrassing. we're still lucky to live here, but just because there are hungry children in Africa does not mean things couldn't be better.

Plus we don't contribute much to international culture. We need more writers n stuff

13 minutes ago, One one two said:

also I picked up smoking recently as I wanted to be one of the cool kids and there are 'no smoking' signs everywhere and by-laws in abundance. too many people afraid of carcinogens and poor health generally imo

Edited post. Scum fo sho.

Now let's find some mo.

NOTE:

If I start the game tomorrow at 6:00 pm then Nightfall (end of round 1) will be at 9:00 pm on Tuesday.

Actions must be submitted by 8 :45 pm.

Posting is closed from the  CALL OF NIGHTFALL  to the ROUND SUMMARY

There will be NO GK during the first round ONLY for not voting.

This should enable some players to be able to play the game.

If there is a Vig - Starts kill in the second round

37 minutes ago, One one two said:

also I picked up smoking recently as I wanted to be one of the cool kids and there are 'no smoking' signs everywhere and by-laws in abundance. too many people afraid of carcinogens and poor health generally imo

The cigs will kill you. Cigars are the way to go.

43 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

NOTE:

If I start the game tomorrow at 6:00 pm then Nightfall (end of round 1) will be at 9:00 pm on Tuesday.

Actions must be submitted by 8 :45 pm.

Posting is closed from the  CALL OF NIGHTFALL  to the ROUND SUMMARY

There will be NO GK during the first round ONLY for not voting.

This should enable some players to be able to play the game.

If there is a Vig - Starts kill in the second round

I like it.

Are all the TP getting 'good guy' characters with all the mafia getting 'baddie' characters? If yes, then what prevents everyone from claiming immediately? 

1 hour ago, One one two said:

ehh, living in the dtes for six months one becomes pretty jaded. Canada's ok, but if you're living with a severe physical disability or mental health condition and have no family to support you, you're pretty much screwed, at least in the case of bc. I know a lot of very good people with very severe issues who have been let down by our social systems and it's genuinely heartbreaking. we like to think we're pretty good, but our culture is hugely individualistic and people who need help are shamed for it and typically don't get it in the full amount that's needed. oh and the casual racism you see everyday by third-gen white canadians against chinese people who want to come to canada to live out their days and raise families here is profoundly stupid and embarrassing. we're still lucky to live here, but just because there are hungry children in Africa does not mean things couldn't be better.

Plus we don't contribute much to international culture. We need more writers n stuff

It's true support could be much much better and should be with the kind of taxes we pay. However on the racism front, we are certainly not the only ones guilty of that. The racism I have seen in places like Hong Kong and Beijing against anyone not Chinese is pretty staggering. In fact I would go so far as to say that Chinese people living here in Canada or BC more specifically have way more freedoms and acceptance than foreigners living in China. 

I am not condoning racism of any kind because I personally believe that since we are all born on this planet that borders and not being allowed to live places because of where we happened to have been born is complete BS. 

And if you think being hungry is the worst of the problems most people face daily around the world I am sure many would envy you for that. The family I met had 3 small children, one who was a newborn. In the city they lived in there was constant bombing and fighting. A few weeks ago there was a huge fire near where I lived and it exploded propane tanks. I didn't know what was going on and I must say that was pretty terrifying when my house shook and the shock wave rattled my windows. I can't imagine being in a place where bombs are falling near you all night long. Where there are people who want to come and take your family and maybe even your life because you don't have the exact same ideology as they do. 

We are lucky and once you see that to be true the more you will see what you have to feel grateful for. Gratitude changes lives. It is my belief that we get more of what we focus in on in life, focus on problems and that is what we get more of, focus on things to be grateful for and you will find more things will come to you to be grateful for.

I am not trying to minimize any personal struggles that you cope with on a day to day basis but the reality is that if your life is currently not how you want it to be, it rest with you to change it. As is true for every single person on this planet. 

• -SN- unpinned this topic

Archived