The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MAFIA] GOTHAM ( TOWN WINS )

JAY JAY

58 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I like it.

Are all the TP getting 'good guy' characters with all the mafia getting 'baddie' characters? If yes, then what prevents everyone from claiming immediately? 

Who cares.

Solid claims, taking claims with a grain of salt are part of the game and can make each game better.
Mafia don't need all these "safe claims", they should be able to work around with what they have.

7 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Who cares.

Solid claims, taking claims with a grain of salt are part of the game and can make each game better.
Mafia don't need all these "safe claims", they should be able to work around with what they have.

I'm just making sure it's fair for the mafia. I've had lots of experience with games being unbalanced because all the TPs claimed their character and the mafia were left handcuffed as there was nothing to balance that fact that all the TPs could claim a role. 

28 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

It's true support could be much much better and should be with the kind of taxes we pay. However on the racism front, we are certainly not the only ones guilty of that. The racism I have seen in places like Hong Kong and Beijing against anyone not Chinese is pretty staggering. In fact I would go so far as to say that Chinese people living here in Canada or BC more specifically have way more freedoms and acceptance than foreigners living in China. 

I am not condoning racism of any kind because I personally believe that since we are all born on this planet that borders and not being allowed to live places because of where we happened to have been born is complete BS. 

And if you think being hungry is the worst of the problems most people face daily around the world I am sure many would envy you for that. The family I met had 3 small children, one who was a newborn. In the city they lived in there was constant bombing and fighting. A few weeks ago there was a huge fire near where I lived and it exploded propane tanks. I didn't know what was going on and I must say that was pretty terrifying when my house shook and the shock wave rattled my windows. I can't imagine being in a place where bombs are falling near you all night long. Where there are people who want to come and take your family and maybe even your life because you don't have the exact same ideology as they do. 

We are lucky and once you see that to be true the more you will see what you have to feel grateful for. Gratitude changes lives. It is my belief that we get more of what we focus in on in life, focus on problems and that is what we get more of, focus on things to be grateful for and you will find more things will come to you to be grateful for.

I am not trying to minimize any personal struggles that you cope with on a day to day basis but the reality is that if your life is currently not how you want it to be, it rest with you to change it. As is true for every single person on this planet. 

Relative to war zones Canada is great. I agree. Canada examined independently is meh. Social problems will exist everywhere, sure, but that doesn't diminish them and does not mean they're not a mark on Canada's flag.

Canadians are largely uninteresting. We have nothing original to say and spend our lives watching hockey and drinking awful beer. Our national identity is trying to find a national identity.

This has nothing to do with me as an individual. Why do you think I'm unhappy? All I'm saying is that Canada is in no way exceptional. We have a few national disgraces and don't really do much. It's a decent place to live and not much more.

11 minutes ago, One one two said:

Relative to war zones Canada is great. I agree. Canada examined independently is meh. Social problems will exist everywhere, sure, but that doesn't diminish them and does not mean they're not a mark on Canada's flag.

Canadians are largely uninteresting. We have nothing original to say and spend our lives watching hockey and drinking awful beer. Our national identity is trying to find a national identity.

This has nothing to do with me as an individual. Why do you think I'm unhappy? All I'm saying is that Canada is in no way exceptional. We have a few national disgraces and don't really do much. It's a decent place to live and not much more.

I think you need to read up on history a little more, from the peacekeeping to the Canada arm, Canadians do have an identity. Go talk to the people who live near Ypes or Vimy Ridge and see if they feel Canadians are uniteresting. Try talking to some in Afghanistan that owe their lives to Canadian soldiers protecting them from the Taliban. I don't know if you're unhappy or not that you are right about but about Canada being uninteresting: you're way off base. 

Perhaps being next to the US you feel that Canadian Culture is overshadowed? Idk? But Canadians are often accepted and welcomed around the world more readily than Americans. 

Have you been to through the Rockies? To places like Glacier National Park or Jasper? Have you ever gone to Tofino or the Queen Charlotte islands? Have you been to the Atlantic and visited the historic locations there? Or Northern Ontario into the vast vast forests and wilderness that way? 

Anyone who could claim our geography, history or even culture is uninteresting, I would personally say those people are either ignorant to the facts or are bored and the only reason people can be bored is if they themselves are boring people. 

Our national identity is one of being laid back, being passionate about things we enjoy and being a very welcoming country to almost all cultures around the world. Our culture is one of bringing the best of all cultures into one giant geographical landmass where we are continually striving to improve ourselves and the quality of life for all. 

I believe Canada to be one of the few shining beacons of light in this world in terms of free thought, human rights and acceptance of all people of various cultures, religions and ethnicities.

That we take for granted the rights and freedoms to even complain about things we don't like about this amazing Country is in itself a testament to how lucky each and every person who lives in this country really is. 

You may want to ask the question to yourself that if Canada was so uninteresting, so devoid of culture and having so many problems why do so many people immigrate here?

2 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I like it.

Are all the TP getting 'good guy' characters with all the mafia getting 'baddie' characters? If yes, then what prevents everyone from claiming immediately? 

You CANNOT reveal your character's name in the game thread. ( THAT IS A  'THOU SHALT NOT'  LAW )
'

Soft claim at risk, any possible special doesn't necessarily take

the 'job' of the TV character.

Exception: Nygma

54 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'm just making sure it's fair for the mafia. I've had lots of experience with games being unbalanced because all the TPs claimed their character and the mafia were left handcuffed as there was nothing to balance that fact that all the TPs could claim a role. 

I want a fun and balanced game.

I don't know how many Specials (for either side) will be in the game.

That number depends on the number of players.

Exception: 'Nygma'

I believe more players, will make for a better game.

I can't seem to mention many people.

Could use some recruiting help, thanks.

Spread the word.

10 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I can't play unfortunately. I'm spending several days in the woods starting tomorrow.

That's too bad. Have fun or whatever.

If you find yourself tied to a tree, you may regret not playing mafia. B)

46 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

That's too bad. Have fun or whatever.

If you find yourself tied to a tree, you may regret not playing mafia. B)

I can confirm that that is exactly what is going to happen to Kaz but don't worry for him, I'm the one that has to walk out of the woods all alone :( 

7 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

I want a fun and balanced game.

I don't know how many Specials (for either side) will be in the game.

That number depends on the number of players.

Exception: 'Nygma'

I believe more players, will make for a better game.

I can't seem to mention many people.

Could use some recruiting help, thanks.

Spread the word.

More players does not mean a better game. It's only the players in the game that decide that. 

3 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

More players does not mean a better game. It's only the players in the game that decide that. 

that and all of us making sure you die in early!  if you're TP the Mafia kill you first round if you're Mafia we will hang you second round!! 

Archived