The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Says (today) Eriksson and Sutter were traded to the Flames for Bennett. And Frolik's page says he's a Canuck, but there is no trade info. Can anyone really write whatever they want in Wikipedia? That could be dangerous. 

Cow dung is choked it didn't get moved to Edmonton.  Could have been a 2nd liner there.

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Says (today) Eriksson and Sutter were traded to the Flames for Bennett. And Frolik's page says he's a Canuck, but there is no trade info. Can anyone really write whatever they want in Wikipedia? That could be dangerous. 

Yep. I had a friend in high school who edited a page to say he was the greatest guitarist of all-time (to be fair he was really good). Lasted for several hours before it was changed.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Yep. I had a friend in high school who edited a page to say he was the greatest guitarist of all-time (to be fair he was really good). Lasted for several hours before it was changed.

That's funny to put something like that about yourself for all the world to see. I guess you take a picture of the page and it's a good story lol

I guess we'll see what happens. Normally, I would think it's just an error, but Wikipedia was ahead of the game when Ferland was traded here. Oh well it's something to keep me entertained, as summer Canucks news is sparse.

Frankly, with the way Eriksson has played and treated the organization since he's arrived, I would be embarrassed to show my face here next year if I was him. I really hope he'll just waive his NMC/NTC. I really believe he's the cancer in the locker room and all the guys know it. I think it began with his contract and then extended to his complete lack of effort in every area. 

• Upvote 1

I had put a post onto Wikipedia about a new calendar system I had invented (see Loutetian Calendar on Youtube). I thought it was an interesting and useful new calendar, but the post was taken down within a day. Ho-hum, I guess the world was not ready for it!

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

What is the lesson to players if Louie is sent to Utica - if you sign a big contract, earn it. I see no problem sending out that message, the only players that might bother are ones that have no intention of performing for their money - who the heck would want them anyway.

Yeah, they kind of did that with Gagner. And it worked with him being traded. It really is up to Eriksson to earn that spot. I can't see him playing for the Canucks anymore though. Maybe he goes to Utica and then traded like Gagner?  

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, they kind of did that with Gagner. And it worked with him being traded. 

Benning went out of his way to help him out by loaning him to a Comets division rival (so Gagner could be closer to his family).  Gagner still essentially bad mouthed the team anyhow.  Sometimes you can't win.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:05 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

What is the lesson to players if Louie is sent to Utica - if you sign a big contract, earn it. I see no problem sending out that message, the only players that might bother are ones that have no intention of performing for their money - who the heck would want them anyway.

If anything players who actually care about winning and are team guys will look at this favourably.  No player with any kind of character would want this worthless piece of garbage as a teammate.  Getting rid of him by any means necessary will automatically make the team more appealing just by his absence.

• Upvote 2

New interview with Green: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-travis-green-new-additions-boesers-contract-erikssons-issues/

SN: When he does sign, it will be for a big number, which makes Eriksson’s $6-million cap hit more onerous. Were you surprised by what he said at worlds?

Green: What did he say, that we didn’t have trust and see eye to eye?

SN: That you didn’t get along 100 per cent and that you don’t trust him the way his previous coaches did.

Green: I was surprised that it came out publicly. But I’m not surprised that he isn’t happy about certain things. Players are proud — they want to play well and want to have individual success. I understand Loui hasn’t scored as much as he wanted to and maybe played at times as much as he wanted to. I understand that and we’ve discussed that. But it happens a lot (in the NHL). I like to think I have an open-door policy and try to be as honest with players as I can. Loui and I have talked about his play and I know he’s frustrated.

SN: Have you talked to him about what he said?

Green: I haven’t talked to Loui yet. I’m sure we will talk when I see him.

SN: Room for Loui under the salary cap is one issue, but is there still room for him on your team?

Green: Loui, I respect his career. I know he wants to probably play better than he has and have more success for himself. But I still have a job to do. And my job is to put the best team on the ice and play guys I see fit — and not just based on salaries. I want players who will do anything in their power to help the Vancouver Canucks win. That’s all they care about: being a Canuck and helping us win. With the additions of some forwards, we’ve got some tough decisions to make. And he’s no different than any other player coming into camp.

• Thanks 1