StealthNuck

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

Loui Eriksson played on Thursday night: no hits, no shots, one giveaway, no take-aways, no blocked shots and no faceoffs won or lost.

That may be one of his better efforts

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Borvat said:

Lets Make Number 21 Great Again.  

Enter Nils Hoglander.

He wears number 21. Louis is just keeping his jersey from getting creased right now.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Enter Nils Hoglander.

He wears number 21. Louis is just keeping his jersey from getting creased right now.

I am hoping Hoglander doesn't need to spend any time in Utica.

It should have been this guy waved, not baer. Loui looked like his usual crap in preseason yet they wave baer. He better do a lot better this year to justify this.

• Like 1

The Canucks should bury this guy in the minors for three years. Him being on the team is a negative. He's brought absolutely zero effort in the entire time that he has been here. 

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Didn’t think I could dislike Eriksson anymore than when that season finished and I only think it gets worse from here because clearly our front office has no balls, this waste man need to just go.

In my life time haven’t seen much worse to rep the green and blue.

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Loui Eriksson played on Thursday night: no hits, no shots, one giveaway, no take-aways, no blocked shots and no faceoffs won or lost.

Too good to pass up. Thanks for the new sig!

People claiming it would've sent the wrong message throughout the franchise if AG were to have been sent down - I'm wondering what message is being sent through the organization by keeping this overpaid freeloader on the roster?  You don't pay a penalty killer that much unless he's winning multiple Selke trophies imo.....

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

People claiming it would've sent the wrong message throughout the franchise if AG were to have been sent down - I'm wondering what message is being sent through the organization by keeping this overpaid freeloader on the roster?  You don't pay a penalty killer that much unless he's winning multiple Selke trophies imo.....

Already paid Loui 5 million for this coming season in advance.  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Already paid Loui 5 million for this coming season in advance.  

He can buy a great replica Stanley Cup with that muulah and take a slow boat back to Sweden.

• Haha 2

I'm going to venture an unpopular opinion here.  Loui is not as bad a player as many here make him out to be.  For sure he's not living up to the big contract, that is completely unquestionable.  However, he is a defensively responsible player who makes mostly smart plays.  Defensively, he anticipates the play pretty well, which results in not being out of position often.  Some mistake this for 'lazy play', but I'm not sure they understand the flow of the game well enough to make this judgement.  They also criticise him for dumping the puck into the o zone and changing.  News flash: Greener wants short shifts and this is just following the coaches plan.  Nobody is going to make a huge splash playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.  They don't get big minutes and often spend a decent amount of time killing penalties.  Neither of these things contribute to putting up big numbers on the stat sheet.

Again, I'm not saying that LE is a great player, just that he's a decent player who is better than the guys who got cut.  While it might be good to have a guy like McEwan building some NHL experience right now, it's not going to win more games at this stage.  I don't know what kind of influence LE is in the locker room, but at his salary, you have to hope he keeps it positive.  In fact, you have to hope he comes out and tries to be the best 3rd/4th liner he can be.  So far he's just passable, and I for one hope there's more than that in him.  Like Jake, it's up to him to rise to the occasion and make something happen.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RogersTowell said:

I'm going to venture an unpopular opinion here.  Loui is not as bad a player as many here make him out to be.  For sure he's not living up to the big contract, that is completely unquestionable.  However, he is a defensively responsible player who makes mostly smart plays.  Defensively, he anticipates the play pretty well, which results in not being out of position often.  Some mistake this for 'lazy play', but I'm not sure they understand the flow of the game well enough to make this judgement.  They also criticise him for dumping the puck into the o zone and changing.  News flash: Greener wants short shifts and this is just following the coaches plan.  Nobody is going to make a huge splash playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.  They don't get big minutes and often spend a decent amount of time killing penalties.  Neither of these things contribute to putting up big numbers on the stat sheet.

Again, I'm not saying that LE is a great player, just that he's a decent player who is better than the guys who got cut.  While it might be good to have a guy like McEwan building some NHL experience right now, it's not going to win more games at this stage.  I don't know what kind of influence LE is in the locker room, but at his salary, you have to hope he keeps it positive.  In fact, you have to hope he comes out and tries to be the best 3rd/4th liner he can be.  So far he's just passable, and I for one hope there's more than that in him.  Like Jake, it's up to him to rise to the occasion and make something happen.

Loui is not going to “win” games for the Canucks.. 

he is NOT better than the guys that got cut.. Biegga plays the forward position better than Eriksson,  and when Gaudette gives everything in next opportunity he is given,.  Eriksson will be sent to the minors and a strong Baertschi will return..

The game has passed Eriksson,. He has gone the way of the “Goons” in the game, a soon to be extinct 30 something athlete without the game in him.

.. We will be able to “copy and paste” this quote by @Mackcanuck for most of the games we see Eriksson play this season.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:18 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

Most people here know all of this.

The problem is little things Loui getting paid like a high scoring first line player.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Most people here know all of this.

The problem is little things Loui getting paid like a high scoring first line player.  

Not really... He gets paid like a top 6 goal scorer, expected to get around 50 points

20 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Second healthy scratch in his career tonight?

Loui will put up more healthy scratches / games missed for being a useless plug than he will have points this year.

Edited by Kushman
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 7:19 AM, Fanuck said:

You don't pay a penalty killer that much unless he's winning multiple Selke trophies imo.....

Lol....our PK is doing BETTER without him in the line-up. 

Even less reason for him to be here now that other personell are doing his job better than him.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/10/13/pk-success/

I see ZERO reason for him not to be in Utica other than the fact it's better for the kids to be playing regularly in Utica instead of sitting in the press-box like LE is now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Even less reason for him to be here now that other personell are doing his job better than him.

I see ZERO reason for him not to be in Utica other than the fact it's better for the kids to be playing regularly in Utica instead of sitting in the press-box like LE is now.

Send Loui to Utica, and force his hand.  I still say the guy will retire, rather than play in the A. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

23 hours ago, PlanB said:

Roussel is still coming back ::D