The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

9 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

So much money wasted in the pressbox , I have to think he’s going to get slotted in the line up soon, like it or not.

:lol: Unless we have a slew of injuries (and even then we might see a guy like Baer called up and play before him), he's sitting.

• Upvote 2

I’m thinking this road trip is the end of the line for Loui..   maybe he gets none, or one game to show in NY state,.   and then finds himself in an Uber to Utica.

I don’t think Green wants to upset the Chemistry being created on this trip

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Robert_G said:

So when he is out this long, does he just sit up in the box each game? That would not be enjoyable with management and ownership up there.

well shockingly enough fans dont like it when hes on the team or when hes in the stands. Personally id consider him an expensive third liner that can play at any given situation. But thats me, too many complaints on him and management and ownership will say ok lets do what the fans wants and keep him off the ice. So there u go. I feel bad for loui not catching a flow of goals/points but thats things that happends to many players and now here we are. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

well shockingly enough fans dont like it when hes on the team or when hes in the stands. Personally id consider him an expensive third liner that can play at any given situation. But thats me, too many complaints on him and management and ownership will say ok lets do what the fans wants and keep him off the ice. So there u go. I feel bad for loui not catching a flow of goals/points but thats things that happends to many players and now here we are. 

Loui has been garbage and out played by 13 other players. That rich Swede can sit out forever as far as I am concerned.

He contributed to the PK last year but this year we have players that do just as well on the PK. The Canucks don't need him or his high salary. I hope he just buggers off.

PS: ...and No, I don't feel bad for little things Loui making 6 million per year to DO NOTHING. He makes more in one year than most normal people in their entire lives an he does nothing to earn it.   Fu&% him.

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Loui has been garbage and out played by 13 other players. That rich Swede can sit out forever as far as I am concerned.

He contributed to the PK last year but this year we have players that do just as well on the PK. The Canucks don't need him or his high salary. I hope he just buggers off.

PS: ...and No, I don't feel bad for little things Loui making 6 million per year to DO NOTHING. He makes more in one year than most normal people in their entire lives an he does nothing to earn it.   Fu&% him.

o i agree on the salary, the question was:

8 hours ago, Robert_G said:

So when he is out this long, does he just sit up in the box each game? That would not be enjoyable with management and ownership up there.

imo he can kill off PK and lock down other lines but also play creatively even if he doesnt produce on a top 2 line level. His salary is a different story compared to that. Today we have Ferland, Leivo, Schaller, Motte, Roussel so id put Eriksson on a 4th line pendin on how well he performs on practice. sort of a day to day decision. but like i said, thats imo. 

28 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

o i agree on the salary, the question was:

imo he can kill off PK and lock down other lines but also play creatively even if he doesnt produce on a top 2 line level. His salary is a different story compared to that. Today we have Ferland, Leivo, Schaller, Motte, Roussel so id put Eriksson on a 4th line pendin on how well he performs on practice. sort of a day to day decision. but like i said, thats imo. 

In no way does he deserve to be in the lineup over any of the guys presently playing.

Or Gaudette.

Or Roussel when he's back.

One could also make a case for Baer if we have top 6 injuries.

That's three guys ahead of him before he even gets out of the press box. He doesn't get to play 'just because'. He may still be able to play in the NHL level, it's just won't be here.

• Upvote 2

Unless we have some major injuries I don't see Loui getting into any games at all this year.  Schaller is playing his role on the 4th line, Motte is a fireplug.  When Roussel gets back he has a guaranteed spot.  Gaudette is a centre so he can easily be inserted into the lineup if Sutter gets hurt.  Baertschi and Goldobin are lighting it up in the AHL, so they are options for the top 6 if injuries occur. 

Loui is basically a 4th line penalty killer at this point, so with Schaller, Motte, Roussel, Leivo and Virtanen taking up those bottom line spots on the wing I don't see any room for Loui at all.  Even MacEwen can be a callup for the 4th line.  I don't even think Utica wants him or needs him at this point, as they are 5-0 and are 15-3 in goals for and against in those 2 games, and that is without Gaudette.  Honestly, if he were to be sent down it might be to Kalamazoo, not Utica.  It is that bad for Loui. 

He should just suck it up like a real man and retire and go back to Sweden.  He's made enough money to last 4 lifetimes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:53 PM, Toyotasfan said:

So much money wasted in the pressbox , I have to think he’s going to get slotted in the line up soon, like it or not.

.. but even more of a waste on the ice, or sitting on pine.

Eriksson could have been more pragmatic for himself and the team this season by making the gut twisting realization that his game is not good enough.

This player is not doing his homework.  His own personal assessment of video could have shown him what’s going on.

He could have offered to go to Utica for ice time, and or waived his NTC to try to get back in the game..  

Not offering these 2 things has clearly defined himself as a player who does not care.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. but even more of a waste on the ice, or sitting on pine.

Eriksson could have been more pragmatic for himself and the team this season by making the gut twisting realization that his game is not good enough.

This player is not doing his homework.  His own personal assessment of video could have shown him what’s going on.

He could have offered to go to Utica for ice time, and or waived his NTC to try to get back in the game..  

Not offering these 2 things has clearly defined himself as a player who does not care.

The longer Loui’s in the press box, the closer he is to retiring.  IMO Loui made a side deal with JB and the owner.  “Don’t send me to the minors, and I’ll retire after my July 2020 bonus is paid.  I thought Loui would retire sooner, but we can afford to carry his cap for this season.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The longer Loui’s in the press box, the closer he is to retiring.  IMO Loui made a side deal with JB and the owner.  “Don’t send me to the minors, and I’ll retire after my July 2020 bonus is paid.  I thought Loui would retire sooner, but we can afford to carry his cap for this season.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

you getting to be a great insider. no one else got that info from louie or benning. good going. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm just glad it is Louie wasting away up there instead of another young guy.   I think his time here is done once Rousell is back.  

• Like 1

So...two seasons of the pressbox?  Between the cap re-capture and Eriksson's contract that is quite a bit of money tied up in....nothing.

Not that I have any big idea's or could do a better job with him.  I honestly have no idea what the organization does with this player, nobody wants him and obviously Benning and Green want to keep him out of the locker room so he doesn't negatively impact our younger players.

Probably one of the Canucks poorer signings over the last 50 years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

So...two seasons of the pressbox?  Between the cap re-capture and Eriksson's contract that is quite a bit of money tied up in....nothing.

Not that I have any big idea's or could do a better job with him.  I honestly have no idea what the organization does with this player, nobody wants him and obviously Benning and Green want to keep him out of the locker room so he doesn't negatively impact our younger players.

Probably one of the Canucks poorer signings over the last 50 years.

IMO Loui has a side agreement with our Owner that he will retire after his July 2020 bonus is paid providing the Canucks keep him on the big club.  JB and Green have to keep Loui up here, but Green just won't play him.  Maybe Loui retires even sooner, when he's had enough pressbox popcorn?

• Wat 1

So much drama... If the coach/management think like a fair few of you "guys" the club has problems. Do you think they do?

Not I anyway, I believe they steer the ship and like the depth in case of injuries. 

If Schaller and Motte get injured just put in Loui and Gaudette and the injuries won't have a negative impact on the team. 

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

So much drama... If the coach/management think like a fair few of you "guys" the club has problems. Do you think they do?

Not I anyway, I believe they steer the ship and like the depth in case of injuries. 

If Schaller and Motte get injured just put in Loui and Gaudette and the injuries won't have a negative impact on the team. 

I hope Vancouver never sees this bum "little things Loui" again in a Canucks uniform.

Even his mother, timrafan, won't convince we otherwise by making up lies that Loui can still play hockey.    ::D

I am firmly on the Alflives train that says send him down to Utica. Hell, get him used to it by sending him TO Utica on a bus. Don't fly him there lmao   :towel: