The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

51 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i thought louie played well on the 4th line.  he wasn’t responsible for the loss. people just hate. i feel sorry for them. 

Hate doesn't lessen over time; it increases.  I would rather have a smile on my face and live longer. :)

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, aqua59 said:

They have to play him to even have a chance of getting rid of him. They have to show he has some value. 

It's clears there no room for him now. 

A minus player, 5 games and 0 points. They just need to bite the bullet and send him to the farm team already.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Slegr said:

A minus player, 5 games and 0 points. They just need to bite the bullet and send him to the farm team already.

Agreed. Looking at their salary cap the damage is already done and wont effect things too much if they do send him down. I won't if he'll bring the room down on the farm though. They might not need him there either. His flat liner attitude might hurt the room there too. Glad we never swapping him out for Lucic though. 

On 11/6/2019 at 12:25 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Eriksson just had his best game of the season against the Blues.  And all because he hustled to nullify an icing. Unfortunately, that's all it took to make this his best game, but hopefully this is just the start of Big Things to come!

It's not hard to play your best game when the whole season of work is only 2 or 3 games. Frankly his performance was pedestrian at best. He's got nothing left in the tank. 

There's nothing to showcase even after sitting him for ever and a day. 

This guy has to go.

• Upvote 1

It seems like Loui has forgotten how to skate.  Time to send him down because he just can't keep up with how fast we have become.  He maybe able to keep up with players in the AHL better than he does in the NHL. B)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

It seems like Loui has forgotten how to skate.  Time to send him down because he just can't keep up with how fast we have become.  He maybe able to keep up with players in the AHL better than he does in the NHL. B)

I'm thinking what we've witnessed is the last chance for Vancouver to showcase him. I know one would think he'd show better after so much pressbox time but he just didn't cut it. 

Oh it's send down time but i wonder if he'd do any better down on the farm. I think he'd be moving someone out of a development stage there too. There's just no room for this guy and the Canucks seem to be handcuffed with his contract.

As i stated above, i think he's done because from what i saw from his last few games it was ok at best.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

The last game he played he ran off to the bench quickly as if Green has ordered him to get off quick to change the lines.

This is just sad. How can they keep him in the lineup.  It goes against everything they have said matters.  Enough already.

Send him to Utica and sit him in the press box until he goes away.  Call up someone who deserves to play and can actually keep up with the game.

image.png.d583c3845961f2c35b0334577a8e7d0c.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Borvat said:

This is just sad. How can they keep him in the lineup.  It goes against everything they have said matters.  Enough already.

Send him to Utica and sit him in the press box until he goes away.  Call up someone who deserves to play and can actually keep up with the game.

image.png.d583c3845961f2c35b0334577a8e7d0c.png

I firmly believe LE has a gentleman’s agreement with Aquilini/JB that he will retire after his July 2020 bonus if the team keeps him on the big club.  There is no other logical explanation for LE being on the team.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I firmly believe LE has a gentleman’s agreement with Aquilini/JB that he will retire after his July 2020 bonus if the team keeps him on the big club.  There is no other logical explanation for LE being on the team.  

Well if Loui is actually doing this to this team then I have less respect for him than if he just did the right thing.  The game has obviously passed him by and he is mailing it in.  If I am his teammate and this is the case, I certainly don't want him on my team.  Just go away, collect your money next July and then retire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

Well if Loui is actually doing this to this team then I have less respect for him than if he just did the right thing.  The game has obviously passed him by and he is mailing it in.  If I am his teammate and this is the case, I certainly don't want him on my team.  Just go away, collect your money next July and then retire.

Yup.  He could certainly be a toxin in the room if he’s not carrying his weight.  He will be back in the press box soon enough.  

5 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I'm thinking what we've witnessed is the last chance for Vancouver to showcase him. I know one would think he'd show better after so much pressbox time but he just didn't cut it. 

Oh it's send down time but i wonder if he'd do any better down on the farm. I think he'd be moving someone out of a development stage there too. There's just no room for this guy and the Canucks seem to be handcuffed with his contract.

As i stated above, i think he's done because from what i saw from his last few games it was ok at best.

There is no reason we'd have to play him when he's sent to Utica.  Let him rot in the press box down there and show the kids what happens to a useless bum who refuses to act like a professional and put in an acceptable effort.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There is no reason we'd have to play him when he's sent to Utica.  Let him rot in the press box down there and show the kids what happens to a useless bum who refuses to act like a professional and put in an acceptable effort.

I hoist 2 beer to that, maybe even an EHL press box

• Upvote 1